Be careful Air Con from Do Home

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
Saminthailand
udonmap.com

Be careful Air Con from Do Home

Post by Saminthailand » June 3, 2018, 12:13 pm

Be careful in you buy an air con unit from Do Home.

Firstly they say Free Installation worth 1700 bhat.

However if your price is under 20000 they raise it to 20k then they add 85 bhat for something I not found out what dispite asking a few times.

Next there is a 500 bhat payment to be made to installer for materials (our installers used my screws, silicone, fixings , cable) I had already made a hole in wall for the pipes etc. The run is 2 meters from internal unit to external unit.

At the end of the job they presented me with a bill for 1700 bhat for extras.

The mess they made to a newly laid wood floor ready for finishing now means I have to remove and replace boards .

In all be careful if you use do home and their so called 'professional installers'.

the-monk
udonmap.com

Re: Be careful Air Con from Do Home

Post by the-monk » June 3, 2018, 12:52 pm

We had a similar experience..
Few years ago we purchased 2 air cons from one store ( NOT Do Home) in a matter of 2-3 weeks. The installation was included in the unit price and was to be done by the store designated installer. The first installer did a great job, left the room and the outdoor spotless. The second installer ( 2-3 weeks later), not the one who had done the previous job, came very late in the afternoon, almost at sunset, he had no electrical extension cord to plug his drill and or use a light, i provided a small lamp. When came the installation time i asked to have the air con put on the ground, beside another air con, they claimed that their installation contract stipulated a max of 4 metres of duct and wiring, since the desired location would mean an additional 2-3 metres they were looking for an extra B 1200. Thanks but No thanks... So they mounted the air con high on the wall.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Be careful Air Con from Do Home

Post by vincemunday » June 3, 2018, 5:52 pm

Luck of the draw I guess, we've had 11 fitted by them so far without a problem. Some of the fitters charge more for brackets, wall hanging and the plastic pipe covers though.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”