Udon Brit Dies Fleeing Drug Bust

General Udon Thani topics only!
jimjay
udonmap.com

Udon Brit Dies Fleeing Drug Bust

Post by jimjay » June 29, 2018, 8:09 pm

Giving this toipic a better name as the "drug user died" simply useless.

topic47985.html

Briton dies fleeing drug bust
http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/ ... d/30348930
A Briton, 60, was fatally injured while apparently speeding to escape being caught with drugs in Udon Thani on Thursday night, police said.

Police said David John Sewell was fatally injured when his Honda Civic crashed into the rear of a trailer truck on the Udon Thani-Sakon Nakhon road in Ban Nong Kae village in Tambon Nongkham in Muang district at about 9pm.

Sewell's car was spotted parked in Ban Nong Sai village by a patrol car led by Pol Lt Col Pattanawong Chanpol, deputy chief of the Muang Udon Thani.

Pattanapong noticed that the driver's door was open so he approached but Sewell drove off and crashed into a truck.
He died at Udon Thani provincial hospital.

Police found a tiny bag of marijuana on the front passenger seat.
Pattanawong said found four more small bags of marijuana, 80 methamphetamine pills, five bags of crystal meth and seven bags of cocaine.

Police later found out that Sewell had been staying at the Ton Tal Resort in Ban Nong Bu village in Tambon Samprao for a few years.

His Thai wife was there and was informed about the accident by the police.

The wife, who came from Bangkok, claimed that she knew nothing about the drugs and she thought Sewell drove out every night to drink with friends in Udon Thani.

Police found more marijuana hidden in the room and detained the wife for further questioning.
In the other thread with the lesser catchy title, user runrunshaw noted:
runrunshaw wrote:
June 29, 2018, 7:01 pm
I sold David, the deceased, the Honda Civic he was driving when he died. I had it posted for sale here on Udon Map. That's how we met, although I only met him two or three times in the process of selling the vehicle. He wrecked the car not long after he bought it--hit a few motorbikes as I recall, and the police called us up because he hadn't put the insurance in his name yet. After getting that straightened out, I unfriended him on LINE.

He claimed that a couple of his friends had gone in together to buy the car and were going to share it. I have to say, that while I didn't really know him and never socialized with him, he came off as just the nicest guy you would ever meet. Very sorry to learn he was involved in drugs--looks like he was a small-time dealer making extra cash. The Bangkok Post or maybe The Nation specualted that was the case, and that his clients were probably other expats around Udon.

I checked for my old classified post, but now remember I asked the admin to remove it. Anyway, get involved with dope and trouble follows. Still, R.I.P.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Brit Dies Fleeing Drug Bust

Post by dunroaming » June 29, 2018, 8:16 pm

Never met the guy but RIP I don't agree with what he was doing but he paid the ultimate price !

chewbacca
udonmap.com

Post by chewbacca » June 29, 2018, 11:06 pm

is this any way to do chest compressions? looks to me like they did him in.

warning: graphic, don't click if sensitive. posted for info purposes regarding how Thai medical treatment occurs, -patient was alive and speaking until they laid him flat, then over reacted to loss of consciousness & started doing rapid chest compressions & blocking airway with poorly positioned oxygen mask.

https://www.facebook.com/BaaBinNews/vid ... 253224113/

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 30, 2018, 11:44 am

chewbacca wrote:
June 29, 2018, 11:06 pm

warning: graphic, don't click if sensitive. posted for info purposes regarding how Thai medical treatment occurs, -patient was alive and speaking until they laid him flat, then over reacted to loss of consciousness & started doing rapid chest compressions & blocking airway with poorly positioned oxygen mask.

I observed the victim having some form of abdominal convulsion just before the camera cut away. When it returned to filming the victim, I observed one of the rescue team checking the femoral artery for a pulse so maybe there was head and neck trauma that prevented the carotid artery check? The chest compressions were done with fingers interlocked and straight arms, like I have been trained to do. I couldn't see any footage of the victims head so I am not sure if the oxygen mask was poorly positioned or not.

Judging by the state of the front-end of the car, I think it was the back end of the truck that most likely 'did him in'.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » July 1, 2018, 7:41 am

This is now in the national news in the UK. Photos of the deceased.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... e-12823169

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 1, 2018, 8:59 am

tamada wrote:
June 30, 2018, 11:44 am
chewbacca wrote:

I observed the victim having some form of abdominal convulsion just before the camera cut away. When it returned to filming the victim, I observed one of the rescue team checking the femoral artery for a pulse so maybe there was head and neck trauma that prevented the carotid artery check? The chest compressions were done with fingers interlocked and straight arms, like I have been trained to do. I couldn't see any footage of the victims head so I am not sure if the oxygen mask was poorly positioned or not.

Judging by the state of the front-end of the car, I think it was the back end of the truck that most likely 'did him in'.
David also had heart surgery at least 5 years ago from what I recall. It was either open heart or stints, but I can't remember which. Surely, this could have been a contributing factor in his demise, especially with all the compressions to the chest.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 1, 2018, 9:51 am

semperfiguy wrote:
July 1, 2018, 8:59 am
tamada wrote:
June 30, 2018, 11:44 am
chewbacca wrote:

David also had heart surgery at least 5 years ago from what I recall. It was either open heart or stints, but I can't remember which. Surely, this could have been a contributing factor in his demise, especially with all the compressions to the chest.
AFAIK, there's no proven medical risk from chest compressions to someone with stents. Otherwise they would be issued with "I have cardiac stents, do not resuscitate." cards.

Here's one opinion from a respected source.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/heart-he ... r-stenting

The same google search did raise references to a death of an elderly patient after CPR where a post-mortem indicated stent deformation which is assumed to have taken place during CPR. It also references '2 other cases' so I would reckon that yes, there may be a risk but it is very, very small.

It is assumed that after checking the femoral artery (in the groin) and no pulse being detected, then it was evident that the heart had stopped beating. The continuous chest compressions seen being administered in the video were solely to keep the blood circulation going, especially to the brain.

Head on, high speed collision with stationary truck, that's what killed him, not the correctly administered CPR.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 1, 2018, 9:54 am

Brit dad who 'led double life selling crystal meth in Thailand' killed in horror crash after high-speed police chase....

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/10 ... paign=news

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » July 1, 2018, 10:30 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
July 1, 2018, 9:54 am
Brit dad who 'led double life selling crystal meth in Thailand' killed in horror crash after high-speed police chase....

2 hours late. Keep up at the back.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » July 1, 2018, 11:18 am

Galee wrote:
July 1, 2018, 10:30 am
DuiDui49 wrote:
July 1, 2018, 9:54 am

2 hours late. Keep up at the back.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 1, 2018, 2:53 pm

low level distributor.. No mention of where he got his merchandise but likely a mid level or higher wholesaler...
Dave

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » July 1, 2018, 3:31 pm

CPR should be administered with the use of rescue breaths if the patient is not breathing.sticking a oxygen mask on and pumping the chest is not the right way.so if he was breathing his heart would likely be pumping and don't need CPR.just a oxygen mask.if he wasn't breathing then rescue breaths.thank god we've got a German pro rescue worker in nong wua so.ive seen it before where they jump straight into CPR like in the movies.in the videos they all seem to hang around with him stuck in the car when in a situation like that every second counts.im not trying to blame them for anything but they need a bit of training.CPR should not be used just because the person is unconscious.never seen them check the airway or look for false teeth or actually give rescue breaths.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 2, 2018, 10:46 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
July 1, 2018, 3:31 pm
CPR should be administered with the use of rescue breaths if the patient is not breathing.sticking a oxygen mask on and pumping the chest is not the right way.so if he was breathing his heart would likely be pumping and don't need CPR.just a oxygen mask.if he wasn't breathing then rescue breaths.thank god we've got a German pro rescue worker in nong wua so.ive seen it before where they jump straight into CPR like in the movies.in the videos they all seem to hang around with him stuck in the car when in a situation like that every second counts.im not trying to blame them for anything but they need a bit of training.CPR should not be used just because the person is unconscious.never seen them check the airway or look for false teeth or actually give rescue breaths.
The FB video does not give a clear, steady or continuous record of what the guys that 'seem to hang around' were doing to check his vitals signs, remove false teeth, etc., while he was still trapped inside. Thankfully, the cameraman was keeping well clear of the victim and the EMS team giving them room to work, that indicates they've been trained properly. After he's extracted, it appears that they have quickly placed a neck brace (probably fitted by the 'hang around' guys before extraction), the head immobilizer and the straps to secure him to the evacuation stretcher. Again that appears to be what a trained, experienced EMS team would do.

"FOR ADULTS AND CHILDREN: If breathing is absent, palpate for a carotid pulse in the neck for no more than 10 seconds. If there is no sign of breathing or pulse, begin CPR starting with compressions."

http://www.123cpr.com/cpr_pro.php?page=cpr

The medic can clearly be seen checking the femoral artery for a pulse before starting chest compressions solely to get the blood moving since it appears there is no pulse. ie. his heart had stopped. Rescue breaths are of secondary importance now as he isn't breathing and yes the mask is now superfluous but it is not a hindrance as he has stopped breathing anyway. The priority now is keeping the small amount of oxygenated blood that is still in the system supplying the brain while he's transported to hospital. Rescue breaths are hard to administer when the head is immobilized and a neck brace in place but they could have removed it and administered this in the EMS wagon.

Glad that you have a trained farang EMS in NWS and hope that you or your friends and family won't need him or the excellent EMS local services.

DoctorFix
udonmap.com

Post by DoctorFix » July 5, 2018, 5:34 pm

Well, the simple lesson learned here is, and it has nothing to do with compressions or EMS, don't peddle drugs and drive off like a scalded rabbit once confronted. It won't end on the bright side. It never does. Damn fool thing to do.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 5, 2018, 6:44 pm

This came by email from the Udon Expats Club:

The funeral service is this Sunday, 2:00 pm, at Wat Si Khun Muang located next to the roundabout at the crossing of Phon Phisai Road and Phachauthit Road, Lake Nong Sim, Udon Thani. Single left click on the maps below for a larger look.
Attachments
Wat1.PNG
Wat.PNG
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 6, 2018, 7:30 am

I suppose the Thai police have access to the deceased's phone and are making further enquiries. I'm glad I wasn't one of his customers.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » July 6, 2018, 8:28 am

semperfiguy wrote:
July 5, 2018, 6:44 pm
This came by email from the Udon Expats Club:

The funeral service is this Sunday, 2:00 pm, at Wat Si Khun Muang located next to the roundabout at the crossing of Phon Phisai Road and Phachauthit Road, Lake Nong Sim, Udon Thani. Single left click on the maps below for a larger look.

I have just learned that the planned funeral for this Sunday has been cancelled until further notice.

jackson
udonmap.com

Post by jackson » July 8, 2018, 8:16 am

There is a carbon copy of this man living in Thana Homes, also a Brit. also with a man eating savage pit bull. He was under the influence of drugs and savagely attacked me with a steel handled hoe. I was ambulanced to hospital with a broken eye socket and broken nose. Plus other injuries.
He is now being charge with attempted murder. He was inside our garden and his actions caught on video. Any one who deals in drugs does need the Thai law to deal with them

tonytuy2005
udonmap.com

Post by tonytuy2005 » July 8, 2018, 2:59 pm

You speaking about this man ???

jackson
udonmap.com

Post by jackson » July 8, 2018, 3:54 pm

No! another man , the man in Thana home has a first name Andrew Mur..y I didn't know the person just killed but the man I am referring to is 2nd house on right side after entering Thana Home estate . Has a big stainless fence around and also a grey Honda , lady/wife? and a bast..rd grey pitbull. HE IS EXTREMELY DANGEROUS. When I was in the ambulance with the police and neighbours with me he and his wife and pit bull were standing there just smilling . Methamphetamine dosed.We have it all on video . It is now before the procecuting Udon Police Attorney. Attempted o murder is his charge.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”