Central Air AC spilt AC units

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
JohnG
udonmap.com

Re: Central Air AC spilt AC units

Post by JohnG » June 26, 2018, 10:19 pm

Its got nothing to do with the size of the units but the make and the type of gas. I'd suggest asking a reputable major installer or looking at the detailed specs, although it's possible to see the differences by eye if you look at a range of compressors or you check the detailed spec sheets which give the type of gas and pipe size. It's not difficult to check, nor is it difficult for a cowboy / poor fitter to use the wrong size pipes but once a fitter comes from the manufacturers if it all goes wrong they'll void any guarantee. As usual, up to you and the 'experts' here.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 27, 2018, 9:43 am

I'm by no means an expert but I do know that I am quite happy that my LG Inverter unit is working fine with the original Panasonic inverter piping and cables.

I also know that I was very disappointed with the Home Pro Panasonic servicemen. The 12,000 btu Panasonic inverter unit is sitting in my garage right now if anyone is interested. It cools fine for 10 to 15 minutes then shuts down and gives a board fault light. I couldn't see paying 7,500 baht for a replacement board and having the same problem within a couple months.

JohnG
udonmap.com

Post by JohnG » July 8, 2018, 3:47 pm

As I tried to explain, the pipes may be the same, they may not.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » July 9, 2018, 6:14 am

Fault lights on pc boards can appear for a mass of reasons.
High motor draw, low voltage, high condensor temp, low fan coil temp and of course pc board fault.
The most affect differing piping sizes would have would be to reduce efficiency and it would not be detectable "by eye or by expat knowall know everything".
Pressure temp readings on the low and high side in Galts system will give an indication of the fault location but 7500 baht for a replacement board would make most decide to "not bother".

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 9, 2018, 10:48 am

bluejets wrote:
July 9, 2018, 6:14 am
Fault lights on pc boards can appear for a mass of reasons.
High motor draw, low voltage, high condensor temp, low fan coil temp and of course pc board fault.
The most affect differing piping sizes would have would be to reduce efficiency and it would not be detectable "by eye or by expat knowall know everything".
Pressure temp readings on the low and high side in Galts system will give an indication of the fault location but 7500 baht for a replacement board would make most decide to "not bother".
The Panasonic unit came with the installation kit so I have to assume that the piping size is correct. Something causes the fault light and since I got no answers as to what it was, I declined to pay 7,500 baht to replace the board. Three different service companies checked it out and all three wanted almost the same money to replace the board. Not one of them would guarantee their repair. Perhaps the inverter systems are too complicated for the repairmen.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 9, 2018, 7:31 pm

the fault light on one of my units came on after a gecko decided to commit suicide and melted onto the board.... The tech who fixed it had to order a new board that cost a couple of thousand baht.. Fixed the issue, its been chugging along for over 10 years... off brand.. Saiko Denji.... not inverter.. Next ones will be name brand double inverter types..
Dave

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 9, 2018, 8:36 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
July 9, 2018, 7:31 pm
the fault light on one of my units came on after a gecko decided to commit suicide and melted onto the board.... The tech who fixed it had to order a new board that cost a couple of thousand baht.. Fixed the issue, its been chugging along for over 10 years... off brand.. Saiko Denji.... not inverter.. Next ones will be name brand double inverter types..
I did take the covers off the Panasonic inverter to see if a jing jok had gotten in. The board was clean and I could see no obvious problem, as in no burned spots.

Return to “House & Land”