Solar Power

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
cricket

Re: Solar Power

Post by cricket » May 13, 2018, 11:03 am

ytrewq wrote:
May 13, 2018, 6:22 am
If you PM your contact info, I'll pass it on.
I'm sorry I don't see any way I can message you. Maybe I need to make a few more posts before I can send pm's. :(

cricket

Post by cricket » May 16, 2018, 8:01 am

Hi ytrewq, I'm sorry I don't see any way I can PM you. Can you post the information here please?

cricket

Post by cricket » May 16, 2018, 8:13 am

I can't see how to pm you so would you mind sending the info to me by email? Thanks

seesaa1 @ yandex.com

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » May 17, 2018, 12:17 pm

We applied and were approved last time around selling back on the grid. The cost on installation it would take three life times to recover the money. Anything change ?

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » May 17, 2018, 12:59 pm

bumper wrote:
May 17, 2018, 12:17 pm
We applied and were approved last time around selling back on the grid. The cost on installation it would take three life times to recover the money. Anything change ?
Well, panel prices are down 40-50% since then (2014?) it would seem. Also inverter prices have fallen, but not quite at the same rate. I would think that the cost of installation has also drop considerably. Bumper, I went through the process before as well, in the end not approved, but if my recollection is correct, you need to finish the installation within a certain period of time, a few months I think, to stay in the program. I would think that you'd have to go through the whole process again, if and when the roof-top solar program comes back to life in the future. It seems that every time there is a proposal to open up the grid for residential solar it is stomped back down again by certain interests. So, to summarize, at this point in time, it isn't looking good for roof-top solar. :cry:

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » June 5, 2018, 12:53 pm

Central Govt. China Puts Brakes on Solar

https://www.pv-tech.org/news/china-putt ... es-imposed

Apparently the central government in China is cutting back fairly heavily on solar
deployment for the next couple of years. Cutting back about 10GW. Obviously this isn't good
news for fixing the climate, but for people interested in installing a solar power
system in Thailand it might be great news. With the US and European tariffs on solar panels, we
might see a flood of them coming our way. If the Thai government was smart it would use this
as an opportunity to get renewable power on the cheap... but TIT :)

mortsyn
udonmap.com

Post by mortsyn » June 7, 2018, 4:45 pm

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » June 8, 2018, 9:55 am

"Private solar power buying gets go-ahead"

Summary of article: *** Same BS different day. ***
- "No solid time frame yet" :)
- "Need time to workout details of program" ;) As if years and years of "studying" the issue to date, and countless models of how to do it existing outside of Thailand, aren't enough for them to figure it out... like it's quantum mechanics on steroids or something.
- Selling price "up to 2.44THB" In other words, you sell power to PEA at 2.44THB, if your lucky, then they take your electrons and sell them to your neighbour for 3.9THB (making an instant profit of 60%... in normal discourse that would be deemed a scam). Also, anybody who uses the term "up to" when advertising pricing ought to be summarily shot on the spot!!!

Get rid of the monopoly of PEA/MEA NOW!! I wonder who in Thailand owns most of the shares of PEA/MEA??? Hmmmm let me guess. :-k

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 8, 2018, 11:01 am

No way could I have a system large enough to sell the surplus to the power company. I have far too many mature trees. Just a bit of shade kills the panel output. Even at that, I looked closely at the requirements. I found that the "APPROVED" components were horribly overpriced. Makes one wonder who approves those components. How much does it cost the approved component manufacturers for the approval? I would guess that it is the middlemen and not the manufactures who are able to get approved.

It would be interesting to see who owns solar farms that have long term contracts selling power for good profits. A ten year contract should easily pay for the installation.

fhorst

Post by fhorst » July 10, 2018, 7:53 am

Many posts about solar...

Many :-)

For me, I have not an other option.
My (new to build) home is 3km away to the electricity grid.
I like to use, looking at the possible costs, it ain't funny.

I can buy panels local, about 3500 Baht per 300W polycrystalline

Bigger problem is storage for night.

Are there working alternatives for lead acid and LIFEPO4?
Salt water looked nice, it will not be available any time soon.

LIFEPO4 is to expensive for me.

I like to know some really possible alternatives to store and use about 100.000ah. At 48v

Thanks!
If it can't be done, it never happened..

Return to “House & Land”