Fence Post Lights

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Fence Post Lights

Post by Nigglyb » July 13, 2018, 1:42 pm

Has anybody seen fence post lights similar to these on their travels?
I’ve tried every home improvement shop I know & all they have is either the fancy ornate fake vintage style or the orbs & apparently none are able to order in any different ones to the display.
The odd thing is I’ve now come across four non estate new builds as I’ve been driving around & all have this type light so I’d have thought there is an easy supply somewhere.
I can’t think of anywhere else to try so I’m chucking it out to the great & the good of the forum community to say “oh, there’s Somchai’s light shop, blink & you’d miss it. He can get everything”
Oh, & we haven’t sorted a postal address yet so can’t use mail order such as Lazarda
Cheers peeps

May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Fence Post Lights

Post by 747man » July 13, 2018, 3:08 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
July 13, 2018, 1:42 pm
I’ve tried every home improvement shop I know & all they have is either the fancy ornate fake vintage style or the orbs & apparently none are able to order in any different ones to the display.
The odd thing is I’ve now come across four non estate new builds as I’ve been driving around & all have this type light so I’d have thought there is an easy supply somewhere.
I can’t think of anywhere else to try so I’m chucking it out to the great & the good of the forum community to say “oh, there’s Somchai’s light shop, blink & you’d miss it. He can get everything”
Oh, & we haven’t sorted a postal address yet so can’t use mail order such as Lazarda
Cheers peeps
Have You tried MEGA Home in Nong Khai ??

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 13, 2018, 3:38 pm

747man wrote:
July 13, 2018, 3:08 pm
That is a good shout Number 747. Cheers.
I just assumed Nong Khai would be different branches of the usual suspects in Udon & “no hab” as well. I don’t think Udon has a Mega Home & if it has, I haven’t visited it.
Is it easy to find from Hwy2 from Udon

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 13, 2018, 4:05 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
July 13, 2018, 1:42 pm
Cheers peeps
Have you been reading my thread?topic38599-195.html
They look suspiciously similar to the ones we just bought in Udon.

IMG_4363.JPG
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 13, 2018, 4:36 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 13, 2018, 4:05 pm

IMG_4363.JPG
You’re right, they do look suspiciously similar. I saw your post but unless I’m missing a page it doesn’t say where you got them from. Can you share?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 13, 2018, 4:59 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
July 13, 2018, 3:38 pm
747man wrote:
July 13, 2018, 3:08 pm
That is a good shout Number 747. Cheers.
I just assumed Nong Khai would be different branches of the usual suspects in Udon & “no hab” as well. I don’t think Udon has a Mega Home & if it has, I haven’t visited it.
Is it easy to find from Hwy2 from Udon
Yeah Nigglyb, At the MAIN Traffic lights in Nongers on Hwy 2, Turn Left & You'll see a 200 ft Sign in front of yer eyes reading " MEGA HOME " 200 YARDS UP ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE Of the road....

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 13, 2018, 5:40 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
July 13, 2018, 4:36 pm
July 13, 2018, 4:05 pm

IMG_4363.JPG
You’re right, they do look suspiciously similar. I saw your post but unless I’m missing a page it doesn’t say where you got them from. Can you share?
Sorry I was looking for that
IMG_4413-2.jpeg

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 13, 2018, 5:53 pm

747man wrote:
July 13, 2018, 4:59 pm
Yeah Nigglyb, At the MAIN Traffic lights in Nongers on Hwy 2, Turn Left & You'll see a 200 ft Sign in front of yer eyes reading " MEGA HOME " 200 YARDS UP ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE Of the road....
Nice one, cheers. A trip to Nong Khai might be in order if I can persuade Mrs N to stay at home so she doesn’t spend a fortune in the indochina market

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 13, 2018, 5:55 pm

July 13, 2018, 5:40 pm

IMG_4413-2.jpeg
Many thanks. What more could I ask for, GPS coordinates of a known stockist :D

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 13, 2018, 6:54 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
July 13, 2018, 5:55 pm

IMG_4413-2.jpeg
We were reasonably close so popped over here but it was closed. Hardly surprising really, 6:45 on a Friday evening. Luckily I discovered it’s a couple of doors away from the finest egg tart emporium in Udon so journey not wasted. \:D/
A job for tomorrow morning is on

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 13, 2018, 8:58 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
July 13, 2018, 6:54 pm
Nigglyb wrote:
July 13, 2018, 5:55 pm

IMG_4413-2.jpeg
We were reasonably close so popped over here but it was closed. Hardly surprising really, 6:45 on a Friday evening. Luckily I discovered it’s a couple of doors away from the finest egg tart emporium in Udon so journey not wasted. \:D/
A job for tomorrow morning is on
I think that the majority of customers are wholesale, so don't expect anything like a display or anything you would get in Global, DoHome etc, though the do have a display of sorts of the lights.

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » July 14, 2018, 6:24 am

[/quote]

Nice one, cheers. A trip to Nong Khai might be in order if I can persuade Mrs N to stay at home so she doesn’t spend a fortune in the indochina market
[/quote]

Good luck with that....😄

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 14, 2018, 12:02 pm

July 13, 2018, 8:58 pm
I think that the majority of customers are wholesale, so don't expect anything like a display or anything you would get in Global, DoHome etc, though the do have a display of sorts of the lights.
Lights sorted
STWW you sir are a ****** legend. Big love from the family Niggles

Shabba
That is all \:D/

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 15, 2018, 4:45 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
July 14, 2018, 12:02 pm
July 13, 2018, 8:58 pm
Lights sorted
STWW you sir are a ****** legend. Big love from the family Niggles

Shabba
That is all \:D/
Nigglyb

Good that sometimewoodworker put you on the mark.
I was a couple of days to late getting the replies, having now gone back to work now. I was searching the same light type for my new fence, to no avail. My only difference is that I am searching the same modern style light but with a solar panel, LED lamp and inbuilt auto night switch. I as I am trying not to run cable. Didn't see those type of light by any chance, or , what brand did you buy, i'll send the GF in to check it out if they may have them.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 15, 2018, 5:08 pm

Barney wrote:
July 15, 2018, 4:45 pm

Nigglyb

I was a couple of days to late getting the replies, having now gone back to work now. I was searching the same light type for my new fence, to no avail. My only difference is that I am searching the same modern style light but with a solar panel, LED lamp and inbuilt auto night switch. I as I am trying not to run cable. Didn't see those type of light by any chance, or , what brand did you buy, i'll send the GF in to check it out if they may have them.
Hey Barney
To be honest, no I didn’t see any. The shop is an old school electrical wholesaler full of dusty boxes. An old chap (owner I think) grabbed me as soon as I walked in, I showed him a picture of what I wanted & he pointed to one just like it in the rafters. Not really a display just some open boxes. Granddaughter (I think) was then brought over & she could speak reasonable English & we organised the order.
There was a constant flow of Thai chaps coming in buying consumables which they seemed to have everything for but I guess bulkier stuff gets ordered in. There were 4 desks with ladies constantly on the phones while I was there & granddaughter instructed one to find out answers to my questions which was done swiftly. I’ve gone for slightly larger lights to the one in stock for the sides & rear then bigger again for the front. They were very good in recommending what type of bulbs would be best for me.
I guess to answer your question, there’s not really a display but I think they could order most things in if you took a picture or sketch

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 15, 2018, 5:18 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
July 15, 2018, 5:08 pm
Barney wrote:
July 15, 2018, 4:45 pm

Nigglyb

Hey Barney
To be honest, no I didn’t see any. The shop is an old school electrical wholesaler full of dusty boxes. An old chap (owner I think) grabbed me as soon as I walked in, I showed him a picture of what I wanted & he pointed to one just like it in the rafters. Not really a display just some open boxes. Granddaughter (I think) was then brought over & she could speak reasonable English & we organised the order.
There was a constant flow of Thai chaps coming in buying consumables which they seemed to have everything for but I guess bulkier stuff gets ordered in. There were 4 desks with ladies constantly on the phones while I was there & granddaughter instructed one to find out answers to my questions which was done swiftly. I’ve gone for slightly larger lights to the one in stock for the sides & rear then bigger again for the front. They were very good in recommending what type of bulbs would be best for me.
I guess to answer your question, there’s not really a display but I think they could order most things in if you took a picture or sketch
Thanks Nigglyb
I'll send the girl in one day and she has a photo off the net of the types I want.
Hope to get a good result like yourself.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 15, 2018, 7:54 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
July 15, 2018, 5:08 pm
If you can communicate well enough they will search through the catalogs they have and get them in, from one catalog
IMG_4431-3.jpeg
Supplied to order
I don't know if they have a catalog of solar powered lighting as we weren't looking but if they are available in Thailand they can probably get them

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 16, 2018, 11:16 am

747man wrote:
July 13, 2018, 4:59 pm
You’re not far wrong there Seven Hundred. Even I couldn’t miss it \:D/
Luckily I’d already sourced my lights as they only seem to stock the gaudy ornate ones as do the rest of the home improvement stores.
Barney wrote:
July 15, 2018, 5:18 pm

Thanks Nigglyb
I'll send the girl in one day and she has a photo off the net of the types I want.
Hope to get a good result like yourself.
However, for Barney, it’s worth noting I was talking to a sales chap & he was showing me some small solar panels which he claimed could be set remotely & would power a number of standard fence lights

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Post by Nigglyb » July 18, 2018, 6:41 pm

Trip 1. Making light work of this.
Fence light work to be precise \:D/

Delivery from Supplier all present & correct. Cheers to STWW for shop recommendation

Return to “House & Land”