U.S. Politics

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by tinpeeba » July 28, 2018, 1:53 pm

So Trump is making great progress, depends on how you define progress of course.

Pity there are so few truly great politicians like RF Kennedy anymore.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 28, 2018, 3:39 pm

tinpeeba wrote:
July 28, 2018, 1:53 pm
So Trump is making great progress, depends on how you define progress of course.

Pity there are so few truly great politicians like RF Kennedy anymore.
Even when Trump makes efforts toward peace with the world's adversaries -- whether through tough talk or amicable meetings -- he is criticized by an extremely biased media; and that's the point of my post above regarding all the cheerleaders for failure.

How do you define progress? Specifically.

Apparently, you don't think Trump has made meaningful progress. What policies and programs instituted by Trump have not been good for American society? Specifically. I get that you don't like him personally. I'm not referencing that. I'm asking about specific policies and programs that have proven to not be a good idea for Americans.

I greatly admired RFK and his older brother. Had RFK not been assassinated, he would have probably been elected president, which means Nixon would probably not have been elected.

But RFK was always searching for a perfect world in an imperfect world of different and imperfect humans in free societies. Nothing against striving for perfection as close as one can get it. I firmly believed it when I was coaching and teaching; but I never lost sight of the fact that there would always be things that would be insurmountable due to the sheer nature of the mission and goals. Reality has a way of keep things in perspective.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 28, 2018, 4:49 pm

I can't say the I like Trump's personality, BUT, he is doing a great job. It should be obvious that the know nothing politicians should never be making trade deals. Could it be that corrupt politicians got rich from those harmful trade deals?

When it came down to corrupt Hillary or Trump, what choice did the voters have? At this point, the haters are fishing for any dirt they can find. Why should I care about Trump's love life years ago? If anything, I'm jealous.

The morons appear to be attempting to make Russia a bitter enemy rather than trying to get along with them. China gets stronger every year and even though the Russians hate China, they put on a good face and try to have good relations. If it ever comes down to a shooting war, better to be shooting at China and Russia staying out of it.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 28, 2018, 5:15 pm

glalt wrote:
July 28, 2018, 4:49 pm
I can't say the I like Trump's personality, BUT, he is doing a great job. It should be obvious that the know nothing politicians should never be making trade deals. Could it be that corrupt politicians got rich from those harmful trade deals?
There are times when Trump says things that make me cringe a bit. I've said it from jump. And he IS doing a great job.

So many politicians in the US have no background in anything and have been part of the political class since their education stopped. You hit the nail on the head.
When it came down to corrupt Hillary or Trump, what choice did the voters have? At this point, the haters are fishing for any dirt they can find. Why should I care about Trump's love life years ago? If anything, I'm jealous.
Correct again. I was one of those Americans, when left with the choice of Hillary or Trump. It wasn't really a choice. I knew how corrupt Hillary had been. Give Trump a shot. Couldn't be worse than Hillary or Obama.
The morons appear to be attempting to make Russia a bitter enemy rather than trying to get along with them. China gets stronger every year and even though the Russians hate China, they put on a good face and try to have good relations. If it ever comes down to a shooting war, better to be shooting at China and Russia staying out of it.
It's that Trump Derangement Syndrome thing again. LIBs/PROGs/Dems go opposite of anything Trump champions -- even if it was something that they initially wanted. Example: The Dreamers. Trump not only agreed to provide for the 800,000 Dreamers, but expanded it to include over 1.5 million. Democrats wouldn't even go talk about it. Rejected it without any discussion -- and it was DOUBLE what they had been demanding. 555

I've said it before. If Trump said he loved cute puppies, Dems would want to kill all puppies.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » July 28, 2018, 9:51 pm

Trump was right to tell the UN as well to pull their finger out and pay their fair share, just like he was right when he said the same to NATO. Now the UN has come out with a plea for funds from their members or I should say a plea to their members to pay up. How ironic, they all threw S...t at Trump when he suggested/said it. Maybe the UN should eat some of their own S...t now, and apologize to Trump

"United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres issued a warning this week that the organization is running out of money because of member states who haven’t paid their dues.

What’s going on?
In a letter to staff, Guterres said that he had notified members of the “troubling financial situation facing the United Nations.”

“Our cash flow has never been this low so early in the calendar year, and the broader trend is also concerning; we are running out of cash sooner and staying in the red longer,” he said.

Blaming the financial woes on countries whose payments to the international body were either partially made or delinquent, Guterres wrote that he has “appealed to Member States to pay their assessments on time and in full.”

“An organization such as ours should not have to suffer repeated brushes with bankruptcy,” he added. But surely, the greater pain is felt by those we serve when we cannot, for want of modest funds, answer their call for help.”

So far this year, 112 of the U.N.’s 193 members have paid their obligations to the organization. This time last year, 116 had paid, and only 98 countries paid their annual dues by July of 2016, according to the U.N.

Because the U.S. government’s fiscal year starts in the fall, the U.S. typically pays the U.N. later in the year. The U.S. is responsible for 22 percent of the organization’s budget"

Let see how many of these DELINQUENT countries put their money where their mouth is, and pay up on time.

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on July 28, 2018, 10:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 28, 2018, 10:02 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
July 28, 2018, 9:51 pm
Trump was right to tell the UN as well to pull their finger out and pay their fair share, just like he was right when he said the same to NATO. Now the UN has come out with a plea for funds from their members or I should say a plea to their members to pay up. How ironic, they all through S...t at Trump when he suggested/said it. Maybe the UN should eat some of their own S...t now, and apologize to Trump

. . .

pipoz4444
pipoz, you're correct.

President Calvin Coolidge said it best: "... the chief business of the American people is business. They are profoundly concerned with producing, buying, selling, investing and prospering in the world."

We finally have a president who runs the federal government that understands its role of service and responsibility to The People -- and runs it like a business. Eighteen months in, and things are rolling along nicely. If Republicans can maintain a majority in the House and Senate, the budget cuts can begin in earnest.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 29, 2018, 12:02 am

This is why the globalists are going out of their minds. Their world is being turned inside-out. Samuel Huntington was right.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 29, 2018, 7:33 am

In the words of Tony at Granite City Steel: "WE'RE BACK."

jimjay
udonmap.com

Russian Guards: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by jimjay » July 29, 2018, 7:58 am

‘Russian’ soldiers stand guard at Trump’s Walk of Fame star.

And so it begins... :D

Two ‘Russian’ guards have been standing careful watch over President Trump’s shattered star along the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

The satirical Soviets were first spotted Wednesday, after the star was shattered by Austin Clay, who turned himself in and is facing felony vandalism charges.

“2 guys dressed as russian soldiers in 90F heat to ‘protect’ Trump’s Hollywood Walk Of Fame star from vandalism. That’s next level trollism!” Twitter user @Asgard_Hydra tweeted Saturday.

“Well played, California,” @thepaperword chimed in.

Funnyman Jimmy Kimmel aired footage of the stone-faced duo on his Thursday show.

“That’s what comrades do for other comrades,” he quipped.

Trump has been dogged by Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe into Russian interference in the 2016 election, and most recently, criticized by his deferential treatment of strongman Vladimir Putin at the Helsinki summit.

“I wonder if trump actually ‘gets’ the satire here, or the irony,” wondered @dennisp101155.

Clay is the second person to wreck the star since Trump became president. Cops busted a man who took a pickax and a sledgehammer to the star last October.

The most recent vandalism sparked a series of protests and demonstrations, and even a knock-down brawl Thursday night.
Last edited by jimjay on July 29, 2018, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » July 29, 2018, 8:05 am

Its the sort of purile, childish actions I have come to expect from those who dislike President Trump.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » July 29, 2018, 8:22 am

joudon wrote:
July 29, 2018, 8:05 am
Its the sort of purile, childish actions I have come to expect from those who dislike President Trump.
spelling! you have to know how to spell to be political.

purile = puerile.

What's going to be classic is when real Trump supporters mistake the fake Russian guards for real ones and try to beat them up, and then fake Antifa members fight the real ones over who should protect whom.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses EU trade deficit

Post by Lone Star » July 29, 2018, 9:24 am

Kevin Hassett, one of Trump's economic advisers, zeroes in on the crux of the 4.1% GDP numbers. Finished good domestic inventories dropped due to consumers purchasing MORE than manufacturers could produce. When manufacturing continues to increase, the continued buying with increased production will lead to more GDP growth.

And one of the great things about America and our abundance of natural resources is that the US has a HUGE level of internal consumption among its population. The US is not only the world's greatest economy in size, but the US is the largest self-sustaining economy in the history of the world. Americans buy LOTS of their own stuff. This is a huge strategic advantage and gives the US leverage in international trade. Other nations need access to US markets, but the US doesn't necessarily need access to the markets of other nations. Recognizing that fact is why Trump has been in the best position to negotiate new trade deals that are free and fair. No tariffs. No barriers. No subsidies.

Past presidents who were globalists in their views ignored this advantage because their agenda did not include making America great.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 29, 2018, 10:55 am

joudon wrote:
Well The puerile, childish actions at least perfectly correspond to the nature and actions of the person being satirised.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » July 29, 2018, 6:23 pm

The Fourth Marriage

A woman who had been married three times walked into a bridal shop one day and told the sales clerk that she was looking for a wedding gown for her fourth wedding.

"Of course, madam," replied the sales clerk, "exactly what type and colour dress are you looking for?"

The bride to be said, "A long frilly white dress with a veil."

The sales clerk hesitated a bit, then said, "Please don't take this the wrong way, but gowns of that nature are considered more appropriate for brides who are being married the first time - for those who are a bit more innocent, if you know what I mean?

Perhaps ivory or sky blue would be nice?"

"Well," replied the customer, a little peeved at the clerk's directness, "I can assure you that a white gown would be quite appropriate.

Believe it or not, despite all my marriages, I remain as innocent as a first-time bride.

You see, my first husband was so excited about our wedding, he died as we were checking into our honeymoon hotel.

My second husband and I got into such a terrible fight in the limo on our way to our honeymoon hotel that we had that wedding annulled immediately and never spoke to each other again."

"What about your third husband?" asked the sales clerk.

"That one was a democrat politician," said the woman, "and every night for four years, he just sat on the edge of the bed and told me how good it was going to be, but nothing ever happened."

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » July 29, 2018, 6:46 pm

Spot on, best laugh for ages.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 29, 2018, 6:49 pm

Last time I saw that it was aimed at a John Major cabinet minister :lol:

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 30, 2018, 12:10 am

so who is Kevin Hassett ? never heard of him :lol: :lol: where about is he from nong khai... ban dung ? :lol: :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » July 30, 2018, 9:38 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
July 29, 2018, 10:55 am
joudon wrote:
Well The puerile, childish actions at least perfectly correspond to the nature and actions of the person being satirized.
Well said! :D

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 30, 2018, 11:04 am

Where are the colored and outsized fonts? Seems the hair-on-fire animus has taken it's toll. Either that or it has finally proven to be merely superfluous bluster and hysterical angst.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 30, 2018, 2:31 pm

who is Kevin Hassett?
A pretty fair bet his opinions and observations are far more relevant then a washed-up, geriatric pieman eeking out a miserable living selling pot pies to grumpy Brittles in the ass end of nowhere.

Return to “U.S. Politics”