U.S. Politics

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » August 1, 2018, 7:21 pm

Yes, you notice there is rarely any policy issue with which the haters disagree. There is also rarely any alternative offered as to what SHOULD be done instead. It's just HATE TRUMP. That's why I have a foe list now, and I don't read or respond.

I promote what I am FOR. :)

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses EU trade deficit

Post by Lone Star » August 1, 2018, 7:29 pm

glalt wrote:
August 1, 2018, 6:17 pm
Years ago the Mexicans contracted with the government and the farmers. The government knew exactly how many came in and how many went back. The farmers treated them very well because if they had no contract workers, they would lose a big portion of their crop. I picked tomatoes side by side with the Mexicans when I was a kid. I got 2 cents per hamper just like the migrants. They moved from different crop to crop and when the season was finished they went back home with a pocket full of money. They were happy and the farmers were happy.

When the seasonal workers were lost, the geneticists developed tomatoes that could be mechanically harvested. They are like rubber balls with no juice or flavor. If you wanted table tomatoes, you either grew your own or bought them from the farmers market. Field tomatoes were no longer fit to eat. I don't know if you are old enough to know but if so you probably know that tomato juice, soup and catsup no longer have the good flavor. Even my chili bean soup suffered.
I remember the seasonal workers; and I remember them as good, honest and decent people. They understood that they were guests and had a great privilege to be able to work in the US. Very different than the entitlement-minded criminal illegals who jump the border these days.

I also remember our family having our own garden of vegetables. I don't use the tomato products that you mentioned very often, but I definitely have noticed over the years that store-bought tomatoes are harder and without much flavor.

Vlad123456
udonmap.com

Post by Vlad123456 » August 1, 2018, 8:40 pm

There's a difference to slaghing off Trump when he is fabricating evidence against him, which he knows is true. For instance Trump was caught with a playboy model and a coversation was taped between the pair, yet because he was caught it was spin and fake from his staff, money was paid to hush it up yet that was also disbelieved, Russia was behind the trump win it was admitted by his top CIA advisors the same people paid by the president to keep there nosey's in the trough but again trump and his circle spun it to trumps advantage and again calling it cullustion. We are all not all haters but the truth will not be allowed it starts at the Top ie Trump.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 1, 2018, 8:59 pm

Id like to complain about the deliberate attempt to DUMB DOWN a photo of the Adams family =;

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » August 1, 2018, 9:30 pm

pal52 wrote:
August 1, 2018, 6:45 pm
Seems we have another MUPPET Show conversation going on between Lone Star & Glalt.

And that is exactly what it is.

Just because Papafarang pointed out quite correctly that Mexico & Canada have nothing to do with Brexit & Trumps Views on the subject.

It really p*sses me off that TOTAL IDIOTS like these two can sidetrack a Topic so easily.
Pardon me. I thought we were talking about trade deficits. I have Papafarang blocked [redacted by Moderator].

Vlad123456
udonmap.com

Post by Vlad123456 » August 1, 2018, 9:47 pm

Nice 1 stats comrade will blame someone for it .

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » August 1, 2018, 10:20 pm

Vlad123456 wrote:
August 1, 2018, 8:40 pm
Russia was behind the trump win it was admitted by his top CIA advisors the same people paid by the president to keep there nosey's in the trough but again trump and his circle spun it to trumps advantage and again calling it cullustion. We are all not all haters but the truth will not be allowed it starts at the Top ie Trump.
Not only that but when Vladimir Putin was asked by a US reporter if he helped Trump to win he unequivocally said "yes i did yes I did" so how much clearer could that be.

But of coarse the apologists will try to spin ot deny the truth as they have consistently done, and asthe White House is constantly doing.

LS &G your denying here please.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » August 1, 2018, 10:28 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 1, 2018, 8:59 pm
Id like to complain about the deliberate attempt to DUMB DOWN a photo of the Adams family =;
sorry statts I should have used The Munsters :D

jimjay
udonmap.com

Post by jimjay » August 1, 2018, 10:32 pm

Vlad123456 wrote:
August 1, 2018, 9:47 pm
Nice 1 stats comrade will blame someone for it .
SO TRUE. WATCH AS THE NORTH KOREAN "PEACE ACCORD" DISSOLVES FAST.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » August 1, 2018, 10:54 pm

Jimjay you could always used Mr ED the talking Horse and Glait as Wilbur.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 1, 2018, 11:42 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 1, 2018, 8:49 am
I clearly stated there were two Harvard-Harris polls consulted. There was no effort to hide it. Read it again.
Trump’s “America First” immigration agenda has had widespread support for years now. A previous Harvard/Harris poll found that nearly two in three voters (66%) support Trump’s effort to reduce overall immigration to the country. The US currently admits more than 1.5 million legal immigrants every year.
Yes, that's exactly what you said. "A previous Harvard/Harris poll...." Which one? One from last month? Last year? Are you suggesting that I fabricated the poll numbers I cited?

Just to repeat myself, I didn't say that you were out to lunch. I merely said that support for Trump on this issue is not quite as clear cut as you suggested.

You don't really like it when people disagree with you, do you....

In any case, I'm sure that you'll want the last word in this conversation, so go for it!

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 2, 2018, 12:34 am

I notice that those who aspire to the Russia Trump collusion supposition cannot answer one simple question,

"WHY is it that after 18 months of what must be a very extensive and thorough investigation process, by someone who many argue is one of the most experienced criminal investigators/prosecutors and also an FBI Director, with arguably access to unlimited investigative resources, has he (Mueller) only been able to lay a charge against a possible Tax Cheat/Evader (Paul M) for something 10 years ago, a charge against a man who failed to fill out a Form and fully declare foreign earned money from a Government source (Micheal F) and charges against two others for allegedly lying to the FBI?

These are hardly hanging offences and if this is all Mueller and his vast team can find in 18 months, then pray tell, answer WHY. =; =;

Lets just spend US 17 Million for the above trivia result. [-X [-X

Lets also look to lock up all those who have understated or cheated on their Tax Returns in the past, all who have told lies to Police or Immigration Officials in Thailand or elsewhere and all who have not fully declared their foreign earned income to their respective Governments in the past, who are on this Forum participating in this Debate - I wonder how many of you/us would be here tomorrow. I for one would be locked up, key thrown away for good - guilty of all three Charges. \:D/

pipoz444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 2, 2018, 2:18 am

They've got noting but hate. I remember how these same haters squealed when anybody was less than fawning over O'Bobo, who turned out to be a downright turd.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 2, 2018, 7:02 am

Glad I don't have to show ID when I buy groceries here. The US is so restrictive.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 2, 2018, 7:11 am

no the thread is about the EU deficit not any other. to make a single point . Romania ( a country within Europe )
trade from America May 2018 exports 64.4 imports 210.6 deficit -146.1 . so America puts tariffs on Romania even though Romania is a net importer of American good.
now the next thing is the UK is leaving which means all numbers on trade will change next year, the EU will have a much smaller deficit as a very large part is from the uk (depending on what you read :lol: ) , but it's services from the uk that is a problem
we all have different exports to America ,the uk it's services , with mexico and Canada t's other products. read the title of the thread , it gives the game away. so no not talking about deficits in general ,were talking EU issues which are much more complicated as it's 28 countries (soon to be 27) which also puts a spanner in the works.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 2, 2018, 7:31 am

Udon Map wrote:
August 1, 2018, 11:42 pm
Yes, that's exactly what you said. "A previous Harvard/Harris poll...." Which one? One from last month? Last year? Are you suggesting that I fabricated the poll numbers I cited?

Just to repeat myself, I didn't say that you were out to lunch. I merely said that support for Trump on this issue is not quite as clear cut as you suggested.

You don't really like it when people disagree with you, do you....

In any case, I'm sure that you'll want the last word in this conversation, so go for it!
You're always entitled to your opinion, UM.

So here you ask questions and then get your ridicule ready for when I answer your questions as trying to get "the last word?" Rich. You either want to know or you don't.

I don't care whether you or anyone else disagrees with me or not. You think I don't like it? I don't care. At all. Why do think I don't even bother to read their foolishness or respond to it? I don't care.

But I do respond to those who think they can cherry pick two questions that do NOT address the specific poll answers that were provided. The specific questions I cited are in the poll, but you chose two of the intro questions that do not drill deeper into respondent's answers.

As for answering your question about which poll, I gave my answer to that in a previous post. My emphasis added.
Due to the criticisms of the kommando gaggle regarding links that I provided (you can look that up yourself), I don't provide them very often anymore. I now only provide the source and let the membership Google their way to it. They really aren't interested in learning anything or reading about it. They just like to troll with their one-liners, jokes, memes and colorful text. :) It's called evolution. Good luck in your research.
I looked up the poll in the other Harvard-Harris listings myself. If it was important to you, then you would do the same, but you didn't even bother to be diligent in the link that I DID provide. Just like the fun bunch that comes in here with their lazy and comical responses, it really doesn't matter to you -- or armed with the poll link, you would have gone straight to the specific questions I addressed and refuted them if you chose to do so.

But as with the rest of them, you're entitled to your opinion. As always, good luck in your research.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 2, 2018, 7:45 am

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 2, 2018, 12:34 am
I notice that those who aspire to the Russia Trump collusion supposition cannot answer one simple question,

"WHY is it that after 18 months of what must be a very extensive and thorough investigation process, by someone who many argue is one of the most experienced criminal investigators/prosecutors and also an FBI Director, with arguably access to unlimited investigative resources, has he (Mueller) only been able to lay a charge against a possible Tax Cheat/Evader (Paul M) for something 10 years ago, a charge against a man who failed to fill out a Form and fully declare foreign earned money from a Government source (Micheal F) and charges against two others for allegedly lying to the FBI?

These are hardly hanging offences and if this is all Mueller and his vast team can find in 18 months, then pray tell, answer WHY. =; =;

. . .

pipoz444
pipoz444, you hit the nail on the head.

The charges against Manafort are 8 or 10 years old, and the federal government chose NOT to prosecute him on the charges back then due to their minor nature. Do you know who the federal prosecutor was back then who chose not to prosecute Manafort and fully exonerated him? None other than Rod Rosenstein, the Assistant Attorney General of the United States and the man in charge of the Special Council headed by Robert Mueller.

Yes, Rod Rosenstein exonerated Manafort years ago when Rosenstein was a federal prosecutor. Manafort is not being tried twice. He is not having to undergo any unconstitutional double jeopardy. Manafort is being prosecuted for something that happened years ago and which the federal government declined prosecution.

The judge in Manafort's case, in pre-trial hearings said it best. He called out the Mueller team and said that he knew that Manafort was not the target. The judge said that the Mueller team is only using Manafort's old charges to try to get him to sing on Trump -- or worse, compose a fabricated story about Trump. Those are the judges words. The judge's name is T.S. Ellis. Google him. He doesn't mince his words.

Manafort was only involved in the Trump Campaign for 5 months. As soon as there was any hint of an issue with him, Trump cut him loose.

I really believe that Mueller thought that Manafort would make a deal and that none of this would go to court. Manafort's lawyers have said that they plan to subpoena Rosenstein to testify for their client and state why he declined to prosecute 10 years ago.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 2, 2018, 7:56 am

Moody's Analytics conducted a private survey and found that US job expectations for July could exceed the 185,000 job expectations by economists. According to their survey, they found 219,000 private payroll jobs for the month. Medium sized businesses had the highest gains -- a little over half of the total jobs number. In that group, manufacturing led the way.

This suggests a continued expansion of the economy and that people are still being hired despite the labor shortage. A spokesman for Moody's attributed the continued rise to the tax cuts and increases in government spending. It was also stated that tariffs have not impacted jobs, but could in the future.

The June numbers report have since been revised upward to over 180,000 new jobs.

Unemployment numbers are still at 3.9% to 4.0%.

STEADY WINNING.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 2, 2018, 8:17 am

Lone Star wrote:
August 2, 2018, 7:56 am
This suggests a continued expansion of the economy and that people are still being hired despite the labor shortage. A spokesman for Moody's attributed the continued rise to the tax cuts and increases in government spending. It was also stated that tariffs have not impacted jobs, but could in the future.
There's little question in my mind that the economy has been doing quite well under Trump. While the tariffs haven't affected jobs yet; IMO it's still far from certain that they won't as the additional cost works its way through the system. I completely agree with him that tariffs have to be fair, -- if a country puts tariffs on American imports, then it seems reasonable for us to apply tariffs to imports from that country as well. How he does that is up for debate, but I pretty much agree with him philosophically.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 2, 2018, 8:26 am

Udon Map wrote:
August 2, 2018, 8:17 am

There's little question in my mind that the economy has been doing quite well under Trump. While the tariffs haven't affected jobs yet; IMO it's still far from certain that they won't as the additional cost works its way through the system. I completely agree with him that tariffs have to be fair, -- if a country puts tariffs on American imports, then it seems reasonable for us to apply tariffs to imports from that country as well. How he does that is up for debate, but I pretty much agree with him philosophically.
Agree completely. Trump's "how" seems to get in his way half the time.

Return to “U.S. Politics”