udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by vlad » August 8, 2018, 3:04 am

lol its fake news.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 8, 2018, 11:11 am

Correct vlad, he was NEVER a star in the first place.

Perhaps they could have a special section for Comedians and put it there :-k

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 8, 2018, 11:17 am

More like a con man section.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses US trade deficit

Post by Lone Star » August 8, 2018, 12:45 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 5, 2018, 5:07 am
Get ready for some North Korea pullback, delay, threat or similar past activity. China needs some trade leverage, and they'll use their influence over Kim to encourage him to stir the pot. China is on the big losing end of the tariff issue, and they have no qualms about using NK to get some relief.
It looks as thought my prediction may have some legs. North Korea is starting to drag its feet right about the time that the bigtime trade tariffs are kicking in against China.

In an interview on PBS, National Security Adviser John Bolton was quoted as saying that NK hasn't been very speedy in taking effective steps to denuclearize. Bolton outlined several things that were done before the agreement, but that nothing consequential has been done since.

Bolton used this lack of compliance with the agreement to promote what the US has called for all along -- international inspection. It's that old "trust, but verify" idea. There needs to be verification, which is why Trump didn't drop ANY of the sanctions against NK. Trump did suspend war games with SK.

"We're looking for performance of North Korea's own commitment, made to us, made to South Korea beforehand, to denuclearize."

When the host asked Bolton if NK was NOT living up to their commitment, Bolton said, "I’m suggesting President Trump has held the door open for them. They need to walk through it."

As Trump has said over and over again -- "We'll see what happens."
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 8, 2018, 12:48 pm

Two GREAT bits of news on the Immigration front for the US.

First, illegal aliens are beginning to self-deport and flee to Canada rather than run the risk of being caught in the US and deported. The Washington (com)Post has written a series of stories of told by illegals.

Since October 2017, there have been stepped up checks of employment records at over 6,000 work sites. There were less than 1,800 such checks the year before Trump took office. American companies are being fined for hiring illegal aliens.

DHS reports that in the past 12 months, there have been 675 criminal arrests of managers or supervisors, plus 984 administrative arrests of illegals. In the year prior, there were less than 175 arrests in either category. That is a 500% and 600% increase respectively.

Second, there has been an 8% reduction in foreigners overstaying visas in 2017. Over 600,000 foreigners overstayed their visas in 2016, which allowed those illegally in the US to join the ranks of 11 million-plus illegals already in the country.

Even though it's only a small dent of 22,000 being caught on overstay in 2017, the Trump administration is working to cut one of the largest loopholes for illegals. The overstays are deported or allowed to leave on their own. By May of 2018, almost half of the overstays from 2016 had gone home one way or the other. Additionally, 33% of the overstays from 2017 suffered the same fate.

Even with that improvement in enforcement, there are still too many illegals in the US on visa overstays. There has also been increased enforcement to prevent overstays from claiming green cards. Their "unlawful presence" prevents them from getting a green card.

Because foreign students are the most likely to overstay their visas, it is anticipated that student visas will be cut dramatically.

It's good to see the law finally being enforced and loopholes closed.

All good for American Workers.

STEADY WINNING.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Trump addresses EU trade deficit

Post by Lone Star » August 8, 2018, 12:55 pm

Including your CNN link, another excellent attempt.

In this particular case, I must take some of the blame for not fully explaining a figure of speech in the US, which has contributed to the "picture" that you attempted to paint.

There's no way you could have known that my reference to "the big three" was to ABC, CBS and NBC -- all television news organizations and a reference to their television news ignoring the social upheaval in Iran.

None of the links that you provided are from the big 3, and two of them aren't even in the US. Since you took the time to quote me, and my post clearly says "In the US ...", I don't see how those two stray examples of the BBC and ABC Australia ended up being part of your attempt to refute my statement.

I guess to satisfy all of those "looking for an opening", I should have provided a list of all US political publications instead of being too brief with an all-inclusive post pointing to "other political publications."

But in the end, if you're happy with what you think is some kind of victory, that's all that matters. :)

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Trump addresses US trade deficit

Post by Lone Star » August 8, 2018, 12:57 pm

It didn't take long after Trump signed the EO regarding sanctions with Iran, that he plainly issued what's at stake. Trump let countries know that if they choose to do business with Iran, the US will not do business with them.

“Anyone doing business with Iran will NOT be doing business with the United States. I am asking for WORLD PEACE, nothing less!”

The sanctions put back in place by Trump will target Iran's gold and precious metals industries and the automotive industry.

The EU and the UK have decided to continue trading with Iran, and the EU warned industries under their flag that if they side with the US in these sanctions, the EU will sanction those companies.

According to Forbes, at least 10 major companies (among others) have already decided to leave Iran and are seeking new suppy chains.
1. Total – The French oil company, Total SA, announced it would pull out of the billion-dollar deal it made with both Iran and the Chinese company CNCP if it could not obtain a waiver from the United States. The partnership was to develop the South Pars 11 natural gas field in Iran. Total was the only major international oil company to sign with Iran since the old sanctions ended in January of 2016. It had a 30% stake in the gas field, which Iran now intends to give to CNPC.

2. Maersk – The shipping company A.P. Moller-Maersk announced it would not longer ship Iranian oil due to the U.S. sanctions. In a statement by the CEO, the company was clear that it prioritized its business with the U.S. over business in Iran. He was not clear on exactly when Maersk would cease all operations involving Iranian oil.

3. Peugeot – This car manufacturer, owned by PSA Group, signaled it plans to pull out of Iran unless a sanctions waiver is obtained. It is putting plans into place to wind down activities in Iran by August 6, 2018. PSA sold 445,000 cars in Iran last year and does not currently market in the U.S. In addition to selling cars in Iran, the company had signed agreements with Iran Khodro Industrial Group to manufacture Peugeot cars in Iran and with SAIPA to build Citroën vehicles in Iran.

4. GE – General Electric GE +0.46% and its subsidiary, Baker Hughes BHI +0%, had made combined revenue of almost $25 million from contracts with Iran since 2016. These included deals with MAPNA, an Iranian electricity conglomerate, and contracts to provide pipelines, valves and other oil and gas infrastructure products to Iranian companies. GE and Baker Hughes will cease operations in Iran in accordance with U.S. law. The trade licenses that the company had been operating under are expected to be revoked in November.

5. Honeywell – Honeywell International HON +0.9% Inc., a technology company, had, according to the Wall Street Journal, over $110 million in revenue from Iran since 2016. It recently declared it would be pulling out of the country. Recently, a Honeywell subsidiary had obtained a contract to upgrade the monitoring and control technology at Iran’s Tabriz Petrochemical Company.

6. Boeing BA +1.21% – Boeing, which had a high profile $20 billion contract for airplanes with Iran Air and Iran Aseman Airlines, recently announced it will not be delivering the planes to Iran in light of the new sanctions. The company could have applied for a waiver from the U.S. government, but it announced on June 6 that it would cancel the contract instead.

7. Lukoil – The second largest Russian oil company was dubbed one of “the favorites” to develop oil fields in Iran. But the company decided at the end of May that it would no longer pursue any joint ventures with Iranian oil companies due to the impending U.S. sanctions.

8. Reliance – Reliance Industries Ltd., an Indian company that owns the world’s largest oil-refining complex, announced on May 30 that it would no longer accept crude oil imports from Iran. Because crude oil imports are contracted months in advance, Reliance will cease importing Iranian oil in October or November.

9. Dover DOV +0.52% – Dover Corp., which manufactures pumps and other products used in the oil industry, first signed contracts with Iran in 2017. It now plans to end all business with Iran in accordance with sanctions.

10. Siemens – Siemens Corporation, which manufactures a variety of healthcare, industry, energy and automobile products, announced it would no longer take new orders from Iran. It will wind down its business interests there.
Even though the EU has threatened businesses with punishment, being able to trade with the US seems to be more important to many companies doing business in Iran. All types of businesses across the spectrum are now announcing plans to cease doing business with Iran or to leave Iran because of the US sanctions.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 8, 2018, 1:00 pm

TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) has now officially and psychologically evolved into what psychiatrists are calling "TAD (Trump Anxiety Disorder)." Those who suffer from this malady blame everything wrong in their lives and in the world on Trump. Easy to understand. These same folks were often blaming GWB for all of the same things between 2000 and 2008.

Except ... all of this doom by TAD sufferers is self-inflicted and imagination. Most things are getting better, and those who still embrace reality can see it and recognize it. Even UM admitted that even though he doesn't like Trump, he's doing a decent job.

LIBs/PROGs/Dems love the scary movie. Every day is Doomsday in the DemWorld. Remember Al Gore and all his doomsday predictions? We should all be dead by now. I'm worried about only one thing regarding all this hand-wringing and hair-on-fire stuff. How will we know when the real Doomsday comes?

In the words of Don Lemon at CNN, "Don't believe what you see with your own ears." Yes, Don "the dumbest man on tv" Lemon actually said it.

Trump did not create public distrust of the media. The public's distrust of the media occurred watching Obama/Dem attempts to fundamentally change America and the GOPe Mush allowing them to do it -- while the eneMedia praised all that was happening. THOSE occurrences are what created Trump and what eventually elevated Trump.

There's one thing different about Trump supporters and the TAD sufferers. When Obama was president, we didn't like Obama's policies and programs, but we still loved America. TAD sufferers hate Trump, hate America and hate those who support Trump -- to the point of trying to justify their property destruction and violent personal attacks.

"Intolerance, hate and violence in the name of tolerance." - Dagen McDowell

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » August 8, 2018, 1:09 pm

this thread lives in another dimension....starts with an EU deficit and just read all about north korea, which by the way there was no agreement on timescale or what denuke will entail . but anyway as this is a anything goes thread ...what about trump jr buddying up to the Russians and lying about it , he stated it was about americans adopting Russian kids... but trump said it was about Clinton :lol: . which by the way Trump at that point knew the Russians were spying on clintion and did nothing to stop them, that tells you a lot about his values
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

papafarang
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump blame Obama.

Post by papafarang » August 8, 2018, 1:13 pm

more "whataboutism" .Obama is not the subject of will trump make the grade
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 8, 2018, 1:34 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 8, 2018, 12:55 pm
There's no way you could have known that my reference to "the big three" was to ABC, CBS and NBC -- all television news organizations and a reference to their television news ignoring the social upheaval in Iran.

None of the links that you provided are from the big 3, and two of them aren't even in the US. Since you took the time to quote me, and my post clearly says "In the US ...", I don't see how those two stray examples of the BBC and ABC Australia ended up being part of your attempt to refute my statement.
CBS: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/protests-l ... ross-iran/

NBC: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/iran ... my-n886461

ABC: https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi ... m-56912743

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 8, 2018, 1:41 pm

Udon Map wrote:
August 8, 2018, 1:34 pm
Lone Star wrote:
August 8, 2018, 12:55 pm

CBS: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/protests-l ... ross-iran/

NBC: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/iran ... my-n886461

ABC: https://abcnews.go.com/International/wi ... m-56912743
Those are web sites, but I'm happy to see that they are at least posting things online.

I will be very specific in the future so that there are no misunderstandings, but I'm sure there will always be some "looking for an opening." 55555

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Trump Winning

Post by Lone Star » August 8, 2018, 2:01 pm

ELECTION WINNING

Tuesday Night Election Results for Trump's endorsed candidates pulling big wins!

Kansas Governor - Kobach

Ohio Congress Special Election - Balderson

Missouri US Senate - Hawley

Michigan Governor - Schuette

Michigan US Senate - James

STEADY WINNING

skinner
udonmap.com

Post by skinner » August 8, 2018, 2:06 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
August 8, 2018, 11:17 am
More like a con man section.
Or a WAR DODGERS section

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 8, 2018, 3:06 pm

Trump speech in Bedminster, NJ

STEADY WINNING.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 8, 2018, 3:18 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 8, 2018, 3:06 pm
STEADY WINNING.
Well, hang on just a minute, Lone Star, before you break out that champagne, .... All but Balderson were primary wins. So, yes, all those Republican candidates won their Republican primaries and are now the Republican nominees. Great.

And Balderson? (the only election that might mean anything as an indicator of sentiment on Trump vs. Dems) Last count that I've seen put him about 1% ahead (101,574 vs. 99,820) in a district that Trump won by 11 percentage points. Apparently there are still a few votes to be counted, but this is hardly cause for celebration by the President.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 8, 2018, 3:40 pm

So?

Wins are wins. Primaries or generals. Trump endorsed them. Momentum matters.

The eneMedia, you and others like you would have claimed any losses were a referendum against Trump. 555

Predictable response from an admitted Trump hater. :)

At least you respond with more than one line or post stupid memes as the total of your response.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » August 8, 2018, 3:47 pm

Lone Star wrote:
August 8, 2018, 3:40 pm
Momentum matters.
Just for the heck of it, I went back and looked at the election results in this Congressional district for the last 15 elections (30 years). Republicans have won every election. Here are the Republican and Democratic percentages in the final elections:

2016: 69 to 31
2014: 71 to 29
2012: 63 to 37
2010: 58 to 42
2008: 56 to 44
2006: 61 to 39
2004: 62 to 38
2002: 64 to 36
2000: 55 to 45
1998: 67 to 33
1996: 66 to 34
1994: 67 to 33
1992: 71 to 29
1990: 72 to 28
1988: 80 to 20

So Balderson, the Republican, won with what is by far the smallest margin in the last 30 years, and that after a personal appearance for him by the President. The Republican margin in this district in the last two elections before this were more than 2 to 1. The average Republican margin in the district during the Obama years was 62 to 38. The last results available have Balderson ahead 50.4 to 49.6. Less than a percentage point. In fact, based on the numbers, one might argue that the President's appearance hurt Mr. Balderson.

Momentum? Cause for celebration by the Trump forces? I think not.

Yes, I hate Trump, although I do agree with some of the things he's done. But I didn't make these numbers up. They are what they are.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 8, 2018, 3:51 pm

Most people post one liners and memes so as not to bore the pants off everyone reading the thread :sleepy:

Why use 10 words when you can use 500 =;

Return to “U.S. Politics”