Chili cook-off?

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
tamada
udonmap.com

Chili cook-off?

Post by tamada » September 14, 2018, 8:47 pm

As the rainy season peters out and the NFL season gets into its stride, I am sounding out the fellow denizens, netizens, resident tourists, workers, retirees, sponsors, hangers-on and hangers-in of Udon and it's environs for any interest in participating in an inaugural "Great Northern Isaan Chili Cook-off". I am pretty sure that a few members here have their own secret, special chili recipes as well as maybe wives or partners who are a dab hand at some of the side dishes like dirty rice, potato salad, slaws, cornbread, somtam, muu satay, etc.. A grand day out for those who like to socialize, swap chili tips while sampling the efforts of others, watching a game or two (not live of course), discussing teams and tactics and partaking in copious amounts of cold beer to slake the thirst.

This will be a non-charity social event to be hosted at an agreeable venue where shade and electric will be provided for crock pots, etc.. Event timing is hoped to be mid-November-ish. Prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd as judged by a team of esteemed, board-certified and highly respected chili consultants (please PM me so I know if we indeed have any). Also the 'Carolina Reaper' award for the hottest dish and the appropriately named 'Road Kill' award for the singularly non-compliant or worst creation. Finally a special mention for the 'Tasters Choice' as adjudged by the hungry beer drinkers, patrons, drop-ins and other riff-raff.

Also looking for sponsors if this has any sizeable uptake and raises options for a Superbowl Chili Cook-off in early 2019.

Ta
tam

Natas

Re: Chili cook-off?

Post by Natas » September 15, 2018, 4:19 am

Aloy Mak!! yummy

colt1911
udonmap.com

Post by colt1911 » September 15, 2018, 7:28 am

Let's do it Tam!!

JoeR
udonmap.com

Post by JoeR » September 15, 2018, 9:18 am

Where and when??

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » September 15, 2018, 4:49 pm

Gathering names and interest at this juncture so let me know if you're interested in participating, judging or just eating and drinking. PM me with any further details or questions.

Mid-November hopefully at a venue to be decided but within the Meuang Udon Thani metropolis.

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”