Aquatic Centre Nong Khai uni

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Aquatic Centre Nong Khai uni

Post by vincemunday » September 15, 2018, 4:32 pm

Today we took my nephew Harry to the Aquatic Centre which is just off the road that goes to Laos and the friendship bridge. The admission charge was only 60 baht for an adult and 40 baht for a child, this is very reasonable when you think Sea Life Centres in the UK charge about £12 and £8. Harry was utterly impressed, he ran from tank to tank comparing the fish to the pictures and when we got to the underwater tunnel he was completely sold, i think he's already planning our next trip. To be honest it's not quite as polished as the UK versions, there's not the interactive screens and games but for the money you pay i think its brilliant, I recommend a visit, the kids will love it.

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: Aquatic Centre Nong Khai uni

Post by Giggle » September 15, 2018, 5:29 pm

Oh, you mean the aquarium?
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 15, 2018, 5:31 pm

Yeah Vince,Took my Mate & His Wife there 4 Years Ago when they came to visit & stay with us in Nong Khai,They were also very impressed with it....

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 16, 2018, 11:20 am

Blimey, it was just a couple of rooms filled with tanks full of (not too clean) water and a doz or so varieties of "Mekong" fish, plus a couple of breeding/raising vats outside when I last visited ......... it was FREE though :lol:

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » September 16, 2018, 11:46 am

There was a post about the same place a long time ago where it was free for Thai people but farangs had to pay.
They must have done improvements since then.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » September 16, 2018, 12:03 pm

I'm surprised farang locals don't know the present state of play. It's certainly worth a visit, particularly with interested youngsters in tow. It's often the educational visit for parties of school children.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 16, 2018, 12:18 pm

Not been down that road since Udon Immigration opened and visits to NK Immigration ceased, which was about the same time as Jimmy? who had the imported booze/food shop died. In those days it was the Univ Aquarium where the kids learned aquatics ...... which sort of explained the lack of help available in Udons Aquatic shops at the time, and having to visit BKK to purchase anything other than very basic fish or equipment :roll:

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » September 16, 2018, 3:02 pm

I visit about once every 2 years. Yes, not as polished as one in the UK, but nothing like this anywhere else in Thailand away from the tourist areas as far as i know. For the price, a bargain.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 16, 2018, 3:27 pm

Thanks for the "heads up" guys ....... A return visit seems well overdue :lol:

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Post by karonsteve » September 17, 2018, 3:48 pm

When it first opened I went to the aquarium in Phuket.
All I could hear was "Aroi" "Mai aroi" all the way around.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » September 17, 2018, 5:43 pm

Cephalopholis argus (commonly called a roi) in all the tanks then steve?

would have thought they would have a few guppies or Siamese Fighting fish :lol:

dazzadazza
udonmap.com

Post by dazzadazza » September 18, 2018, 10:10 am

vincemunday wrote:
September 15, 2018, 4:32 pm
Today we took my nephew Harry to the Aquatic Centre which is just off the road that goes to Laos and the friendship bridge. The admission charge was only 60 baht for an adult and 40 baht for a child, this is very reasonable when you think Sea Life Centres in the UK charge about £12 and £8. Harry was utterly impressed, he ran from tank to tank comparing the fish to the pictures and when we got to the underwater tunnel he was completely sold, i think he's already planning our next trip. To be honest it's not quite as polished as the UK versions, there's not the interactive screens and games but for the money you pay i think its brilliant, I recommend a visit, the kids will love it.
Vince you got the Thai price @ 60 baht for an adult and 40 baht for a child
I went this weekend and if you show a Thai driving license or are Thai you get in at this price with no problems.
Else it is about double this which is also not bad.

Its an hour or two in the a Aquarium so to make it a day trip I went to the sky bridge and then something to eat in the sunflower Restaurant on the side of the river. The food is OK and it is one of the only Restaurant with an English menu and some English and Thai food

Capture.PNG

https://goo.gl/maps/ipbRvUMy3CE2

https://goo.gl/maps/R72M5Ayw3Ys

glass-skywalk-t39235.html

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 18, 2018, 3:57 pm

Dazza, my missus shows my pink ID card wherever we go so perhaps that's why I got the Thai price and before all the tossers come out of the woodwork bad mouthing and calling me a cheapskate, I've invested many millions of baht in Thailand and I don't really give a monkey's chuff what you think anyway, hoping it's put that one to bed before it starts. Thanks for the recommendations, I'll give them a try.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

dazzadazza
udonmap.com

Post by dazzadazza » September 18, 2018, 4:32 pm

Vince,
A pink ID card will get you Thai price or a driving license.
I would now not call this cheapskate but taking advantage on one of the few benefits we can get here.

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 18, 2018, 4:48 pm

Dazza there's a little hard core on here who think they know better, do better and spout complete bo**ocks at every opportunity they can to educate anyone who isn't a part of their little been there and done it all clique.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » September 18, 2018, 10:08 pm

Vince it's a new hard core not an old one believe me have lived here long enough and been member of us on map a long time these people hide behind a computer would love to meet them in person but sadly cowards hide

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » September 19, 2018, 5:49 am

Some of them have been here a while, I've met one or two in bars and in the main they're just old gits with too much to say for themselves but you're quite right, some just snipe from behind a keyboard. Udon Map is a great forum despite what the whiners say, I've learned so much that i needed to know and bought tools and all sorts through it, Millie is fantastic by the way, almost as big as my soi dog and she scared herself witless the other day when she did her first proper bark.

blade450x
udonmap.com

Post by blade450x » September 19, 2018, 9:57 am

Old gits with a pension and the strengthen of the Baht means they are a lot worse off then they used to be. Prices here are going up so there only enjoyment is upsetting people on hear as it is free. Glass is half full types, jealous of people that are able to live here and be happy, use this forum to get advise and give advise about all the things they are doing / wanting to do. They are stuck at home unable to run return to where they come from for life will be even worse there or can't.

All one can hope for is a baht crash again. Then it will be like the old times where a lot more people have disposable income so can do a lot more things so are generally happier.

They are also more likely to be out and about in town so curb there behavior on here as someone on here will know them, or can work out who they are. But sadly until the baht reverses they know all they have is upsetting people on here for enjoyment.

There are just trolls on every forum though, if no one bites they move on. Though I do feel the lack of disposable income is making a lot of people unhappy here compared to their life on a fixed income years ago.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » September 19, 2018, 10:21 am

vincemunday wrote:
September 18, 2018, 4:48 pm
Dazza there's a little hard core on here who think they know better, do better and spout complete bo**ocks at every opportunity they can to educate anyone who isn't a part of their little been there and done it all clique.
Well " Bloody "Said Vince..... :lol: :lol:

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » September 20, 2018, 12:34 pm

If I recall correctly, the topic of this thread is the Aquatic Center in Nong Khai....?

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”