Preferred Route & Airlines from Udon to Pattaya

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
arjay
udonmap.com

Preferred Route & Airlines from Udon to Pattaya

Post by arjay » October 25, 2018, 6:35 pm

Noting that, it's now possible to fly Udon Thani to U-Tapao for Pattaya, are there any conclusions or recommendations as to whether it is preferable to fly with Thai Smile to Bangkok (Suvarnaphumi) and then taxi/mini-bus transfer to Pattaya or whether it's preferable to fly Udon to U-Tapao and then taxi/min-bus transfer to Pattaya?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Preferred Route & Airlines from Udon to Pattaya

Post by FrazeeDK » October 25, 2018, 7:06 pm

well, its 38.5 kilometers from Utapao airport to Pattaya https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir/U-Tap ... 235557!3e0

It is 122.5 kilometers from Suvarnaphumi Airport to Pattaya.. https://www.google.co.th/maps/dir/Suvar ... 235557!3e0

You'd have to get other feedback on how good the transportation is out of Utapao Airport to Pattaya and its cost. If you're staying at a higher grade hotel in Pattaya I imagine they might have a limo or van pick you up...
Dave

valiant
udonmap.com

Post by valiant » October 25, 2018, 7:26 pm

Travelled to utapao from Udon in April excellent. Mini bus outside to Hotel in Jontiem 250 baht each. Lots of development around Utapao

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 26, 2018, 11:54 am

then there ya go. Cheap and easily available transport. Why would anyone ride from Suvarnaphum which would easily be double or even triple (or more) the 250 baht from Utapao to Pattaya...?? At Suvaranaphum if you're hauling a suitcase then you can bet you'll have a 30 minute wait at the baggage carousel after your 10+ minute walk from the jetway.. Then across the airport to a bus station or catching a minibus/van from the lower concourse followed by minimum 2 hours ride..
Dave

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » October 27, 2018, 12:41 am

Thanks for the replies.

Understood that U-Tapao is nearer to Pattaya (than Swampy), though the counter-balancing point for me is that I much prefer Thai Smile, their booking system and their check-in procedure, to Air Asia's (if it is Air Asia).

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » October 27, 2018, 5:46 pm

arjay wrote:
October 27, 2018, 12:41 am
Thanks for the replies.

Understood that U-Tapao is nearer to Pattaya (than Swampy), though the counter-balancing point for me is that I much prefer Thai Smile, their booking system and their check-in procedure, to Air Asia's (if it is Air Asia).
Depends on where your going to stay , i've just booked a flight UTH -UTP with air asia , including transport to & from ( return ) the Central Festival mall , most hotels on Agoda offer pick up service for a rip off price of 950 bht ,

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » October 27, 2018, 6:59 pm

Flying into U-Tapao on AirAsia from Udon will get you to your hotel late in the afternoon. Sometimes when with the family, it's better to fly into BKK in the morning, get a private SUV for 1300 THB (four people), so we can get to the hotel by 1230 and get checked in. Otherwise, maybe 16:30.
The best gadget is the human brain.

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » October 29, 2018, 5:04 am

arjay wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

It’s a 1 hour flight so I rarely care too much on the airline. It’s a no brained , UTH to UTP all day long and a 40 minute minibus to Patts for 250 THB

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » October 29, 2018, 8:35 am

ajsp9 wrote:
October 29, 2018, 5:04 am
arjay wrote:
Thanks for the replies.

It’s a 1 hour flight so I rarely care too much on the airline. It’s a no brained , UTH to UTP all day long and a 40 minute minibus to Patts for 250 THB
There is only one flight per day from Udon Thani to U-tapao. AirAsia at 1400. The flight is often delayed. So if you want to arrive earlier In the day, fly into Bangkok.

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » October 29, 2018, 8:44 am

For two people you can get a private car from Swampy to your Pattaya hotel for 1000 baht. My guy's name is Jack. I was just there and business is slow. Easy to negotiate a good price.

Nothing wrong with traveling AirAsia to UTP, as long as you are traveling light.

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » October 29, 2018, 8:51 pm

Thanks runrunshaw. Yes I have a taxi company that I regularly use who will do the Swampy Pattaya run for 1100 bt.

I wasn't sure how much hassle U-Tapao might be.

Return to “Travel & Transport”