Seriously pissed off , AGODA >COM

General Udon Thani topics only!
Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Seriously pissed off , AGODA >COM

Post by Hoopoe » November 8, 2018, 5:22 pm

HY guys , i'm holding down the venim , After trying to book a hotel through AGoda .com i got the hotel i wanted , ,but on the page it asked to search , so pressed the appropriate button , and yes up pops the relevant hotel ,AMONG'ST ALL THE FCKIN POP UP ADVERTS ( he's bought , she's selected you know what i mean ) total distraction , but hey your done and dusted ,paid for ,etc ,
I then find after payment among'st the distraction ,it's not the hotel i wanted ,VERY SIMILAR NAME ( be careful when you press that search button , it will give you a hotel of their choosing ) so cancellation with a promise of refund min 30 days ,now 30 days on , they state we can't give you a direct refund , it has to be credit , on a hotel of your choosing or bank transfer , or credit card / debit card ,so attempting in English ,( go fck yer self no chance , Thailand / England etc , phone numbers don't work ,) AT THIS POINT I"M AT A LOSS, it's time for the phone to go a sailing , , ( 3 hours )by the way EMAILS DON"T WORK EITHER , AT this time the misses steps in ,( before we loose another phone to the administrative wanker's ,) in Thai everything works perfik ,so now i have to wait 40 days for my refund , total will be 65 ferkin day's , ( if i get it ))I"M DONE WITH THIS AGODA **** < just a heads up guys , TRY SOMETHING ELSE ,

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Seriously pissed off , AGODA >COM

Post by 747man » November 8, 2018, 5:56 pm

I've NEVER Had ANY Problems with them Hoopoe, You weren't Drunk when you pressed the search button were you ?? LOL !

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » November 8, 2018, 6:01 pm

caveat emptor

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » November 8, 2018, 6:29 pm

I've noticed "the switch" on a few air/hotel/car rental websites. Air Asia (Thailand) comes to mind. On one page you say you don't want the added insurance, on the next page the insurance is included and the fee added. You have to unclick the box to decline it (again). WTF? Hotels with a similar look and similar name? Is this China by chance?

[-X

They used to sell Rize crackers in my local tesco. My dog wouldn't eat them.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 9, 2018, 12:05 am

747man wrote:
November 8, 2018, 5:56 pm
I've NEVER Had ANY Problems with them Hoopoe, You weren't Drunk when you pressed the search button were you ?? LOL !
nope not a drop had passed my lip's , maybe that was the problem,but pressing English as an option when requesting a refund is actually not an option, as no one answers the phone ,

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » November 9, 2018, 4:34 am

I don't know where you went wrong there, Hoopoe.
I usually go with Agoda when booking accommodation and can't recall any major problems. I do try to go to the main web site and not the 'sponsored' ones. which come up first on a search.
I did raise a query on the accommodation advertised at a boutique hotel somewhere, which didn't match up in reality. I got a refund quickly and contact, if I recall, from an English-speaking rep.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » November 9, 2018, 5:54 am

Brian ,
I've never had a problem before ,( having said that ,i've never had to request a refund before , )they have said it will take anywhere up to 45 days for the re fund , the web site says upto 30 days ,because i booked it using online Banking ,they state they can't pay the refund back directly ,so was given 3 options , 1,Bank transfer (which involved a lot of paperwork) , 2,credit for further booking upto 3 months , 3,pay back through Visa/Debit card , I opted for pay back through Visa /Debit ,they send you Emails requesting you to give the option you require , I did this , and got no further info , Hence the phone call run around , time will tell on when /if i receive the refund ,

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » November 9, 2018, 8:40 am

Humm, I have certainly used Agoda in the past. I don't recall exactly why I stopped using them but seem to remember some kind of mess up with my account.

Now I only use them if Hotels.com doesn't have the hotel I want. One of my reasons for using Hotels.com is that your 11th night is free (average payment over the last 10) so whatever the price quoted it is really about 10% lower than listed.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 9, 2018, 10:17 am

I use a Visa credit card. I had a problem when they charged me for the room I had cancelled and then booked another with a similar name. I disputed the charge with my BOA credit card and received the refund.

DoctorFix
udonmap.com

Post by DoctorFix » November 9, 2018, 10:25 am

Had some trouble recently with a booking through Agoda. Wife was seriously pissed! Even I have had to be VERY careful where I click and what "options" were or were not checked off in little boxes prior to making a selection. It's deliberate obfuscation meant to trip you up and thereafter "give up" fighting. I use Booking.com and others, too. Still, you have to be extra careful.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”