udonmap.com

Re: Yellow House Books

Post by dunroaming » November 14, 2018, 8:52 pm

giggle sounds like you are describing you - useless waste of breath

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » November 14, 2018, 10:31 pm

what you don't think I would drive a car in the uk without a license, laws are mans creation …
" A yellow book is not mandatory, sometimes useless, and often refused or made impossibly difficult to the law-abiding."
really... so as I said , no yellow book no visa, where does useless come in , I deffo have a use for it.
like your wife mate , she don't need KY jelly , but it makes sex with you much easier 8)

"often refused or made impossibly difficult to the law-abiding."
ooh you must be the first ever to be refused, never heard of anyone having difficulty , maybe it's just you
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » November 15, 2018, 1:31 pm

I have a yellow book, you daft plank.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » January 14, 2019, 4:57 pm

Since the TW was going to the main Udon Amphur office to get a new Tambien, I tagged along to finally apply for a Yellow Book. I knew what I needed from reading this thread.

But the female head clerk at Window #1 said I needed to make a trip down to Bangkok to get a "stamp." [-X

I knew that was B.S., but just smiled. ;)

Have confirmed with Thai officialdom that the stamp business is b.s. :razz:

It just never ends here, does it? :roll:
The best gadget is the human brain.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 14, 2019, 6:57 pm

runrunshaw wrote:
January 14, 2019, 4:57 pm
Since the TW was going to the main Udon Amphur office to get a new Tambien, I tagged along to finally apply for a Yellow Book. I knew what I needed from reading this thread.

But the female head clerk at Window #1 said I needed to make a trip down to Bangkok to get a "stamp." [-X

When I got mine way back when, I had a government employee and friend -- along with my two witnesses -- (all three Thai nationals) run interference for me and lay the groundwork a week ahead of time. I wasn't there. Went back the following week on a Wednesday and sailed through with no problems.

It has been very beneficial to have.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

udonman
udonmap.com

Post by udonman » January 14, 2019, 7:49 pm

I only had the village head go in and witness for me as she was on a course in Udon at the time. She wasn't with us on the day, she went alone. A few days later the wife went offered her some money and she refused it. Lovely lady.
So easy. No problems at all.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » January 14, 2019, 8:04 pm

there may be as many different stories about yellow house books as YHB have been issued in udon thani.
mine is as follows:

last year when i moved to a new house i returned the old YHB and got a new YHB from the gov. office.
and you know what? free of charge!

hard to believe but 100% true.
cheers….
:-D

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 14, 2019, 8:23 pm

samuel wrote:
January 14, 2019, 8:04 pm
there may be as many different stories about yellow house books as YHB have been issued in udon thani.
mine is as follows:

last year when i moved to a new house i returned the old YHB and got a new YHB from the gov. office.
and you know what? free of charge!

hard to believe but 100% true.
cheers….
:-D
Like that old TV series says, and it applies here with Yellow Books and so many other situations: "There's a million stories in the Naked City." :lol:
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Niggly
udonmap.com

Post by Niggly » January 14, 2019, 10:35 pm

runrunshaw wrote:

Me & Mrs N had the runaround from the awful anti farang jobsworth woman in Nong Han. After jumping through a number of hoops, we ended up at having the last thing to do was the legalisation stamp on my documents & the only place that could do it was funnily enough the MFA in Bangkok. She even let me take a picture of what the stamp looked like from some other chaps photocopy application as some of her previous demands had somehow got lost in translation. We were due to fly to the UK a couple of days later so I decided to get the legalisation done at the Embassy in London which went fine.
We get back to Thailand & I happily stride into the office, present all the paperwork & she rejects it because the Embassy in London had not used green ink on the stamp. FFS :shock: . Mrs N calmly walked me out of the office before I had a meltdown :lol:
Apparently the woman was "acting" boss so I wasn't able to escalate higher [-(
A couple of days in Bangkok later I re-presented the pack & she spent the best part of 3 hours going through it but couldn't find anything wrong or think of an excuse to reject the farang so my application was approved. It took her two months to issue the book though [-X
Age & treachery will always triumph over youth & ability

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 15, 2019, 11:42 am

runrunshaw wrote:

Possibly a ---- translation of, "You need to get a translation of your passport certified by the MFA in Bangkok."

When I got mine at Udon amphur a longish time ago, they accepted the passport translation from the local Thai Business office that just about everyone uses for government-related translations, birth certificates, etc.. Forget the name but just next door to Landmark.

Maybe asking someone else at the same office but on a different day will yield different results.

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » January 15, 2019, 12:07 pm

tamada wrote:
January 15, 2019, 11:42 am
runrunshaw wrote:

Possibly a ---- translation of, "You need to get a translation of your passport certified by the MFA in Bangkok."

When I got mine at Udon amphur a longish time ago, they accepted the passport translation from the local Thai Business office that just about everyone uses for government-related translations, birth certificates, etc.. Forget the name but just next door to Landmark.

Maybe asking someone else at the same office but on a different day will yield different results.
All clerks who handle Yellow Book requests hand off the paperwork to her, so in the front office, at least, she's the big maha.

Yes, I know that "stamp" business meant going to the Ministry, but that is bs. It's a shakedown, but she's going to get get a call that will straighten her out.

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » January 15, 2019, 12:21 pm

runrunshaw wrote:
January 15, 2019, 12:07 pm
Yes, I know that "stamp" business meant going to the Ministry, but that is bs. It's a shakedown, but she's going to get get a call that will straighten her out.
the green stamp from the ministry of foreign affairs in BKK is for those who married abroad.
it is to proofe that your marriage has been officially registred in thailand.
it is no bs - it has some sense.

runrunshaw
udonmap.com

Post by runrunshaw » January 15, 2019, 12:30 pm

samuel wrote:
January 15, 2019, 12:21 pm
runrunshaw wrote:
the green stamp from the ministry of foreign affairs in BKK is for those who married abroad.
I didn't marry abroad. I married right here in Udon, and the clerk saw the original marriage docs, which were executed about 50 meters from where she was sitting.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 15, 2019, 1:14 pm

runrunshaw wrote:
January 15, 2019, 12:30 pm
samuel wrote:
January 15, 2019, 12:21 pm
runrunshaw wrote:
I didn't marry abroad. I married right here in Udon, and the clerk saw the original marriage docs, which were executed about 50 meters from where she was sitting.
Yes, sounds like she has the yellow book gravy train for now. Good luck with derailing it.

hippo
udonmap.com

Post by hippo » January 23, 2019, 1:05 pm

Yellow House Books ??????

it is only the certificate of residence and has nothing to do with the ownership of the property

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 23, 2019, 1:28 pm

hippo wrote:
January 23, 2019, 1:05 pm
Yellow House Books ??????

it is only the certificate of residence and has nothing to do with the ownership of the property
Is anyone here claiming otherwise?

robytoby1960
udonmap.com

Post by robytoby1960 » February 14, 2019, 1:30 am

Yes---

robytoby1960
udonmap.com

Post by robytoby1960 » February 14, 2019, 1:34 am

Yes and the first page mention the owner of the house... I do not display it now
Attachments
wohnsitzbestätigungsriboon002.tif
wohnsitzbestätigungsriboon001.tif

robytoby1960
udonmap.com

Post by robytoby1960 » February 14, 2019, 1:37 am

Its just like if you get your residence certificate in your home country...instead of renewing it every 3 months, you get it in the way to proove permanently

robytoby1960
udonmap.com

Post by robytoby1960 » February 14, 2019, 1:47 am

I mean...I confirm that it has nothing to do with the ownership of the house...except the first page in that document, there the owner is mentioned and that will in the most cases be our beloved halves

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”