Annual Tungsrimeuang Fair

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
parrot
udonmap.com

Annual Tungsrimeuang Fair

Post by parrot » November 16, 2018, 4:36 pm

Love it or hate it.....the Tungsrimeuang fair is scheduled for 1-10 Dec. I'd expect the nursery vendors to start setting up soon.
Attachments
46257200_1994815704150941_8461506445555269632_o.jpg

Tartempion
udonmap.com

Re: Annual Tungsrimeuang Fair

Post by Tartempion » November 22, 2018, 10:52 am

And the parade Saturday 1st dec?

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 22, 2018, 11:09 am

According to the released schedule, it begins at 1300 hours on 1 Dec at Rahjaphat.......เวลา 13.00 น. ชมขบวนแห่วัฒนธรรมดีศรีอุดรธานี ชิงถ้วยพระราชทานสมเด็จพระเทพรัตนราชสุดาฯ สยามบรมราชกุมารี ซึ่งปล่อยขบวนจากมหาวิทยาลัยราชภัฏอุดรธานี เคลื่อนขบวนมายังสนามทุ่งศรีเมือง

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » November 30, 2018, 4:08 pm

Just a reminder......if you're not going to Tungsrimeuang for the next 10 days, it'd be best to avoid that entire area.....add a block or two in each direction. Although the fair doesn't officially open until tomorrow, Udonpit held a parade that choked up Phosri and the road in front of BanChiang Hotel.
All the flower/plant vendors seem to be operating.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 1, 2018, 4:49 am

I was in town late afternoon/early evening - and I'll think twice before doing it again. Seemed much of Udon was packed out with traffic and so many mad moves by drivers. UD Town had the additional Taste of Thailand thingy at the drive-in McDonalds end (nicely done, I thought) and tonight there are some big bands including Bodyslam on the normal UD stage, sure to be very popular. End of month, so pay day for many. Good luck if you want to attend anything, but driving/parking at least to me is horrible!

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 1, 2018, 6:39 pm

The wife and I went just before the parade started. The traffic was horrible and parking is a nightmare. There didn't seem to be an many vendors as in years past since they've redesigned the park. I highly recommend going in the late afternoon or after dark to avoid the heat. It was pretty miserable and your lady will probably need to take her umbrella for sun protection. I picked up some good deals on sports shoes, so well worth the trip. The street food selection is top notch!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 2, 2018, 5:05 pm

We went last night took the Scooter as expected traffic was very busy, makes a change from UD town and lots of good street food. Got busier as the night went on and the concert started

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » December 2, 2018, 5:15 pm

Wife and son went this morning with neighbours. They came back earlier than I expected,saying it wasn't that busy at that time, but a little disappointed there weren't many kiddies' rides, mainly shopping.

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”