Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Post Reply
User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 8966
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Post by 747man » November 20, 2018, 10:05 am

Just back from a Visa Run......Stayed the night in a nice little hotel in Vientiane.....The New Lao Silk Hotel....Friendly Staff,Clean Room,with 100 Channel Satelitte TV Including The " Fake News " Channel of the BBC World News + Fox News etc,etc, I Paid 550 Baht,But the walk-In rate is 800 Baht.....Inc: B/Fast.....( Small Buffet + 2 Eggs anyway you want them cooked.....Only Problem room was on 4th Floor with NO Escalator, A LOT Of stairs for an OLD GENTLEMAN ( Like Myself ) to climb....Plenty of Bars ( For the Pis*heads :lol: :lol: ) & Restaurants in same street

calliet
udonmap.com
Posts: 15
Joined: August 3, 2018, 10:16 pm

Re: Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Post by calliet » November 27, 2018, 9:26 pm

Also heard about that Vientiane in some other forum. They have recommended it too as a good place to stay.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 8966
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Post by 747man » November 28, 2018, 11:29 am

calliet wrote:
November 27, 2018, 9:26 pm
Also heard about that Vientiane in some other forum. They have recommended it too as a good place to stay.
As I Said I Was :D With the Place & Price I Paid......The ONLY Downside was the 8 Flights of Stairs up to the 4th Floor.... :-" :-"

User avatar
Giggle
udonmap.com
Posts: 556
Joined: October 18, 2016, 4:24 pm

Re: Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Post by Giggle » November 28, 2018, 12:27 pm

Older gentleman still doing visa runs? geez. Since 2007?

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 8966
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Post by 747man » November 28, 2018, 6:14 pm

Giggle wrote:
November 28, 2018, 12:27 pm
Older gentleman still doing visa runs? geez. Since 2007?
Unlike Yerself,I Don't have 400k In the Bank..... :shock: :shock:

calliet
udonmap.com
Posts: 15
Joined: August 3, 2018, 10:16 pm

Re: Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Post by calliet » December 3, 2018, 2:49 pm

Do they ever get people who does Visa runs? i mean, it's surely against the law?

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 8966
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Post by 747man » December 3, 2018, 7:05 pm

calliet wrote:
December 3, 2018, 2:49 pm
Do they ever get people who does Visa runs? i mean, it's surely against the law?
?????????????????????

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 895
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 4, 2018, 9:46 am

calliet wrote:
December 3, 2018, 2:49 pm
Do they ever get people who does Visa runs? i mean, it's surely against the law?
NO it isn't
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

calliet
udonmap.com
Posts: 15
Joined: August 3, 2018, 10:16 pm

Re: Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Post by calliet » December 7, 2018, 2:37 pm


dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 462
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Post by dunroaming » December 7, 2018, 2:44 pm

No its not Taken out of context you can still get a visa in Laos but you cannot do visa on arrival runs

User avatar
TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com
Posts: 663
Joined: March 19, 2017, 2:08 pm

Re: Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » December 7, 2018, 4:02 pm

calliet wrote:
December 7, 2018, 2:37 pm
It's illegal for tourists now https://www.bangkokpost.com/learning/wo ... say-police
That link is from 2015???????

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 895
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 7, 2018, 6:39 pm

dunroaming wrote:
December 7, 2018, 2:44 pm
No its not Taken out of context you can still get a visa in Laos but you cannot do visa on arrival runs
Most, who don't get a visa, enter visa exempt (55 countries), the friendship bridge will give one assuming you haven't already had 2 land crossings in a calendar year. There are not many countries (21) whose citizens need a visa on arrival
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

SaneMax
udonmap.com
Posts: 19
Joined: December 11, 2018, 12:38 pm

Re: Nice Boutique Hotel in Vientiane....

Post by SaneMax » December 11, 2018, 5:20 pm

747man wrote:
November 20, 2018, 10:05 am
Just back from a Visa Run......Stayed the night in a nice little hotel in Vientiane.....The New Lao Silk Hotel....Friendly Staff,Clean Room,with 100 Channel Satelitte TV Including The " Fake News " Channel of the BBC World News + Fox News etc,etc, I Paid 550 Baht,But the walk-In rate is 800 Baht.....Inc: B/Fast.....( Small Buffet + 2 Eggs anyway you want them cooked.....Only Problem room was on 4th Floor with NO Escalator, A LOT Of stairs for an OLD GENTLEMAN ( Like Myself ) to climb....Plenty of Bars ( For the Pis*heads :lol: :lol: ) & Restaurants in same street
I've stayed there myself.
I liked it very much despite being on 4th floor too.

Couple that run it are very helpful.

They run a visa agency too which I would recommend.

Post Reply

Return to “Travel & Transport”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests