The Brick House.

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Re: The Brick House.

Post by fredwilliams » December 15, 2018, 4:08 pm

Looks good, but the name has been well and truly borrowed from the "Book House" .

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » December 15, 2018, 4:47 pm

fredwilliams wrote:
December 15, 2018, 4:08 pm
Looks good, but the name has been well and truly borrowed from the "Book House" .
Is the Book House still around? I thought it had closed a long time ago. Max is new to town,I expect he has never heard of it.

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » December 15, 2018, 6:11 pm

I think you may find the name comes from the Brickwork used inside which you might know if you had ventured in there the book house had closed long before Maxx came to Udon he did however know Nok and Jeremy from Pattaya Nok Now works evenings in the Brick house so I guess she dosent believe the name is borrowed

fredwilliams
udonmap.com

Post by fredwilliams » December 16, 2018, 6:43 pm

Hired-"helpers".

With or without the hyphen "-"?

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » December 16, 2018, 10:47 pm

Galee wrote:
December 15, 2018, 4:47 pm
fredwilliams wrote:
Is the Book House still around? I thought it had closed a long time ago. Max is new to town,I expect he has never heard of it.
If he was friends with Jeremy and Nok strange he didn't know their place but understand the bricks would be a name changer. Doesn't really mater does it another welcome addition to Udon

MusicalBars
udonmap.com

Post by MusicalBars » December 17, 2018, 11:19 am

as you say a welcome edition however Maxx certainly didnt know of the Bookhouse as he had lost touch with them from Pattaya days I actually had to get Nok to get in touch with Max when he wanted a cook

Hunter58
udonmap.com

Post by Hunter58 » December 17, 2018, 2:14 pm

Lunch today in Brick House.
Nice group of customers , busy but not crowded.
Great food ( Burger ,Salmon, Thai and a mixed grill ).
All very tasty and nicely presented.
As always Max in attendance and as friendly as always.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 17, 2018, 2:26 pm

Hunter58 wrote:
December 17, 2018, 2:14 pm
Lunch today in Brick House.
Nice group of customers , busy but not crowded.
Great food ( Burger ,Salmon, Thai and a mixed grill ).
All very tasty and nicely presented.
As always Max in attendance and as friendly as always.
Great. Did anyone see fredwilliams there?

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Post by ajsp9 » December 18, 2018, 4:37 am

fredwilliams wrote:
Not sure it really matters though, does it ?

Decent enough place with decent food and a good offering to Udon residents and visitors in my opinion

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » December 18, 2018, 8:25 am

Do they sell bricks in the same way the bookhouse sold books?

Essex
udonmap.com

Re: The Brick House, crap service, crap food, overly priced

Post by Essex » January 1, 2019, 12:31 pm

Tried breakfast New Years Day.

Thai wife ordered green curry and asked for it not to be too spicy, got very spicy delivered after 45 minutes
Daughter ordered Bangers and mash, delivered after 50 minutes
I ordered poached eggs on toast with grilled tomato, I gave in after over an hours wait and cancelled.

Place was not busy, other patrons in and out after we arrived, they then tried to charge me for my breakfast that was never served. Cost for two meals and drinks was 890 bhat.

Avoid, avoid, avoid
I am independently poor

Pro V1
udonmap.com

Re: The Brick House...Outstanding

Post by Pro V1 » January 1, 2019, 1:03 pm

My golfing buddies + wives had Xmas dinner at the Brickhouse...20 of us all told. The meal was outstanding and offered excellent value. The staff worked exceptionally hard and the service was very good. Last night (NYE) I was there again...Chang promo - 70thb for a big bottle + a delicious free buffet laid on.

All businesses have challenges, and in my life when I have experienced poor customer service I normally ask to speak with the manager and give them the chance to put things right before hitting the keyboard and telling folks to ‘avoid’. In this instance, I have found the owner to be a very amenable guy who listens and responds positively to customer feedback.

The Brickhouse is by far the best place of its type in Udon. As classy and upmarket bar restaurants go, it would be a welcome addition in any city in the world.

Cheers

Scottie

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » January 1, 2019, 2:05 pm

I was in and sat opposite you. I noticed and hear'd you moaning all the time the waitress was trying to apologise but you were not interested. Just because you were not happy don't disrespect it and rubbish it.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » January 1, 2019, 2:23 pm

and still no reply to the type of fish, in their fsh and chips, won't bother to try.

Brick House
udonmap.com

Post by Brick House » January 1, 2019, 4:39 pm

Hello Essex,
Reading your comment, we have done it wrong for you. If you could have asked one of the waitress to call me over, I might have solved the issue for you.
I apologize for your experience. Please come in and I'll make sure that you will get a positive experience.
Reg.
Maxx

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » January 1, 2019, 9:01 pm

Max, thank you for your comment. I spoke to waitresses a few times, not much of a response, but really, well over an hour for poached eggs on toast!!!

I fly out tomorrow morning and will not be back for a few months so unable to take up your offer. I did chat with others today who told me my experience was not unique of late.
I am independently poor

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » January 2, 2019, 10:47 am

We have removed a number of posts. This is a thread about the Brick House. It's not about opinions of whether Brits complain too much, Americans complains too much, etc. Someone posted a complaint; the Brick House responded. I'm not sure what else there is to say. Seems to me that it's between the customer and restaurant. Extraneous opinions of others are irrelevant, at least in this thread.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 2, 2019, 11:00 am

I get to speak with Maxx quite often being one of his draft beer suppliers and we often talk about the major bug bear when in business here .. STAFF are by far the biggest issue and so many times you train , advise a staff member thinking theres a chance of them listening learning and even becoming a long term loyal member of the team .... alas in most cases workers here are just transient so this is difficult to achieve , its so easy to move from job to job and they soon loose interest become lazy and unrealiable and walk or told to leave .

Maxx has opened a great place and as far as i can see the positives out score the negatives massively , he is always there on the job to assist in most cases any issues trivial or more serious are swiftly n calmly resolved.

IMO Udonites are very lucky to have a venue like the BH and that Maxx had the experience foresight and heart to actually plan it and then throw everything at it ..the BH is a cracking place very professionally operated and deserves all the success its appears to be seeing , an odd glitch is always gonna slip in now n then invariably its nowt to mean owt as my old gran used to say .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 2, 2019, 11:09 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
January 2, 2019, 11:00 am

. . .

Maxx has opened a great place and as far as i can see the positives out score the negatives massively , he is always there on the job to assist in most cases any issues trivial or more serious are swiftly n calmly resolved.

IMO Udonites are very lucky to have a venue like the BH and that Maxx had the experience foresight and heart to actually plan it and then throw everything at it ..the BH is a cracking place very professionally operated and deserves all the success its appears to be seeing , an odd glitch is always gonna slip in now n then invariably its nowt to mean owt as my old gran used to say .

DM
Agree.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » January 2, 2019, 11:34 am

vlad wrote:
January 1, 2019, 2:05 pm
I was in and sat opposite you. I noticed and hear'd you moaning all the time the waitress was trying to apologise but you were not interested. Just because you were not happy don't disrespect it and rubbish it.
Vlad, nobody was sitting opposite me all the time. I was there for over an hour and other patrons came and went in that time. You may have been there close to the the time I left at which point I was rightly pissed off. At no time did I raise my voice or abuse the waitress, not my style.

My post was 100 percent factual. I have no intention to engage in forum argument. Nuff said.
I am independently poor

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”