December, 2018 Federal Government Shutdown

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Udon Map
Admin

December, 2018 Federal Government Shutdown

Post by Udon Map » December 31, 2018, 8:29 pm

Many people give President Trump credit for doing exactly what he said he was going to do. And, like him or not, he told us during the campaign what he was going to do, and that's what he's doing. But what about the wall? He said that he was going to build the wall; and since Congress isn't giving him the money, he has shut the government down.

But wait a minute, that promise about the wall had another part:

The wall isn't supposed to cost the taxpayers anything. Why should he penalize the people of the U.S. by shutting down the government because he can't keep his promise? The people did what he asked them to, -- they elected him based on his promises. Seems to me that one might reasonably question whether people would have been as supportive had they been told upfront how much the wall was going to cost them.

86Tiger
udonmap.com

Yes, they would. And yes they still do........

Post by 86Tiger » January 1, 2019, 11:38 am

Last report I saw indicated his support has consistently ranged 48% - 45%. That equals or surpasses any US President first term in many many many years.

Trump was elected as a slap in the face to the status quo. Americans are fed up with the "ruling class" and that can be seen on both sides of the spectrum. This party is just getting started. The next election season will be a complete clown show to see who can out Trump the Donald. Enjoy........

Oh, and now for the haters in 3,2,1, go.......

tamada
udonmap.com

Re: Yes, they would. And yes they still do........

Post by tamada » January 1, 2019, 1:32 pm

86Tiger wrote:
January 1, 2019, 11:38 am
Last report I saw indicated his support has consistently ranged 48% - 45%. That equals or surpasses any US President first term in many many many years.

Trump was elected as a slap in the face to the status quo. Americans are fed up with the "ruling class" and that can be seen on both sides of the spectrum. This party is just getting started. The next election season will be a complete clown show to see who can out Trump the Donald. Enjoy........

Oh, and now for the haters in 3,2,1, go.......
t1.jpg
Popular?
or
t2.jpg
Unpopular?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

No they didn't and they still don't.

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 1, 2019, 1:51 pm

86Tiger wrote:
January 1, 2019, 11:38 am
Last report I saw indicated his support has consistently ranged 48% - 45%. That equals or surpasses any US President first term in many many many years. :^o :^o :^o :^o :^o

Trump was elected as a slap in the face to the status quo. Americans are fed up with the "ruling class" and that can be seen on both sides of the spectrum. This party is just getting started. The next election season will be a complete clown show to see who can out Trump the Donald. Enjoy.........
Please show the place that your information comes from

At the same point
Barack Obama Had poor approval but quit a bit better than Trump as a 2 year average.

Bill Clinton And Ronald Reagan were similar but only slightly higher

BTW an ellipsis consists of 3 dots using more just demonstrates poor education
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: No they didn't and they still don't.

Post by Lone Star » January 1, 2019, 2:11 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
January 1, 2019, 1:51 pm

Please show the place that your information comes from

. . .
Wait. YOU'RE asking for a source????? Image

I am so going to remember this stunt.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

86Tiger
udonmap.com

Re: December, 2018 Federal Government Shutdown

Post by 86Tiger » January 1, 2019, 2:35 pm

Well, I started looking back for the article posted on freerepublic.com maybe a week ago but I had a revelation: screw it. I have nothing to prove to you and shall waste no time doing so. I don't care what you think of me or my opinions. Most certainly Trump doesn't care what you think of him. And I care not to sway you. My response was a simple answer yes to Trump supporters have gotten what we voted for.

Is he perfect? No. Is there things I disagree with. Yes. He has done more of what he promised his voters than any president since Andrew Jackson. The people that can't see that never will.

He will be re-elected. That is all that matters.

And the hate is glorious so pour it on.......

86Tiger
udonmap.com

Yes, they still do......

Post by 86Tiger » January 1, 2019, 5:05 pm

And then by chance guess what comes back to top of the stack on freerepublic:

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3715949/posts

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » January 1, 2019, 5:19 pm

Free Republic
Internet site
Image result for freerepublic
freerepublic.com
DescriptionFree Republic is a moderated Internet forum for activists, and chat site for self-described conservatives, primarily within the United States. It presents articles and comments posted pseudonymously by registered members, known as "Freepers", using screen names. Wikipedia
Date launched: February 1997
Available in: English Language
Type of site: Internet forum
Owner: Jim Robinson
Watch Me!!

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Yes, they still do......

Post by Lone Star » January 1, 2019, 5:59 pm

86Tiger wrote:
January 1, 2019, 5:05 pm
And then by chance guess what comes back to top of the stack on freerepublic:

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3715949/posts
Yes, the poster quoted the Hill-HarrisX Poll.
Trump's approval rating in the Hill-HarrisX polls has been relatively steady since September, remaining between 45 percent and 48 percent.

"Despite a couple of polls being a little bit outside or perhaps a little bit of outliers, we've seen the president's approval rating generally consistent and in the low- to mid-forties," Mallory Newall, research director at Ipsos Public Affairs, said Friday during a panel discussion featured on Hill.TV's "What America's Thinking."
And they provided a link to The Hill: https://thehill.com/hilltv/what-america ... down-drama

Nicely done. Image

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 1, 2019, 6:05 pm

Humm the polls you suggest are very difficult if not impossible to find. But those polls are small and the company has not bunch of a pedigree in polling. Also if you look at what was actually said in the one that is available is certainly different from your implication that 48% approved of him as the figure is 24%
The poll showed 24 percent of respondents said they "strongly approved" of Trump, while another 24 percent said they "somewhat approve" of him.
The disapproval rating being a lot worse
37 percent saying they "strongly disapprove" of him and 15 percent saying they "somewhat disapprove"
Where are the previous polls that support you contention that the average is anywhere as high as you claim?

The reason I asked for your source is that the very well known gallop poll has a very different take on the approval ratings showing him as the worst of any president (39%) at the same period of their 1st term and you can easily find all the data on a weekly basis
IMG_6170-2.jpeg
IMG_6171-2.jpeg
IMG_6174.jpeg
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 1, 2019, 6:12 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
January 1, 2019, 6:05 pm
Humm the polls you suggest are very difficult if not impossible to find. But those polls are small and the company has not bunch of a pedigree in polling. Also if you look at what was actually said in the one that is available is certainly different from your implication that 48% approved of him as the figure is 24%
The poll showed 24 percent of respondents said they "strongly approved" of Trump, while another 24 percent said they "somewhat approve" of him.
24 StA + 24 SoA = 48.

Polls customarily add all "approvals" together for a total, and if you don't believe me go back and look at the approvals of past presidents.

I found the poll on the first attempt by following 86Tiger's link. Other links were provided on that page. Bam! Went straight to the poll, and I provided the link above.

The Hill is not a conservative news source either.

86Tiger
udonmap.com

Post by 86Tiger » January 1, 2019, 6:16 pm

And as I recall, the very well known gallop poll said Hillary would win.

So I guess we will see what we see.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 1, 2019, 6:17 pm

There is the analysis missing from your own source that suggests that he is going to have a hard time unless the opposition puts up someone even more unpopular than him.
While Trump's numbers have stayed relatively steady during his presidency, he has consistently received more very negative assessments in surveys than very positive ones.

That dynamic is a "warning sign," Republican pollster Ed Goeas said in the discussion Friday.

"There's real intensity on the strong negatives versus the strong positives. That is not a good sign for the president in terms of going forward."

It may be particularly difficult for Trump, Goeas argued, as he was able to win in 2016 despite being unpopular because his former Democratic rival Hillary Clinton was "equally disliked."

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 1, 2019, 7:33 pm

86Tiger wrote:
January 1, 2019, 6:16 pm
And as I recall, the very well known gallop poll said Hillary would win.

So I guess we will see what we see.
Yep.

As I recall, there were only 3 or so polls that predicted a Trump win, and they were very obscure. All of the "experts" were not only wrong. They were dead damn wrong.

I've gotten to where the first thing I look for in a poll is the demographics. For some reason, they almost always poll more Democrats than Independents than Republicans -- by quite a bit. It's also been my experience that most Independents are LIBs, when you really get down to the nuts and bolts of their thinking. They're just trying to hide their true status.

Between the eneMedia slant on the polls, and the fact that they ask Americans about things that most of them know nothing about, the polls have become pretty much useless except for their propaganda value. Education ain't nearly what it used to be.

Regardless of who survives the Dem Primary (there will probably be more than 15 to start), they better have a specific platform other than GET TRUMP. Even though it's a short time until election day, a lot can happen in every week between now and then. Something that looks so questionable today might mean nothing next month. It wasn't until election night in 2016 that the worm turned in favor of Americans, and it might be the same way in 2020.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 1, 2019, 9:23 pm

So discounting the universal 5% of don't know, fence-sitting, can't come to the phone right now poll respondents, a consistent 45% to 48% approval equates to a equally consistent 47% to 50% disapproval rating. Hardly cutting a rug now is it?

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”