New rules for retirement visa

General Udon Thani topics only!
Mikedee43
udonmap.com

New rules for retirement visa

Post by Mikedee43 » February 2, 2019, 2:54 pm

Anyone up to speed with Police Order 35/2561 ?
Requires applicants to have 800k in the bank 3 months before application AND 3 months after..
After 3 months the balance in the bank account must not fall below 400k.
I believe it's comes into force March 1.
I would like to know how it's going to be monitored. It may mean copies of bank book and letter of authentication from the bank.
I hope the 5 minute routine on 90 day reporting is not going to be dragged out.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Re: New rules for retirement visa

Post by kopkei » February 2, 2019, 6:36 pm

new stupid rules ? , if they enforce the old rules checking if everyone really has the 800.000 baht 3 months before application extension there would not be any need for more idiot rules , same go's for the not allowed to buy alcohol at certain hours ,initial law says no alcohol sales allowed for people under 20 years old (?) enforce this too and again no need for some other rules , so nothing is really changing, only more rules that only will affect the people who are complying already , but the offenders will keep going on ....TIT....amazing thailand ... ;)

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » February 3, 2019, 3:29 pm

Mikedee43 wrote:
February 2, 2019, 2:54 pm
Anyone up to speed with Police Order 35/2561 ?
Requires applicants to have 800k in the bank 3 months before application AND 3 months after..
After 3 months the balance in the bank account must not fall below 400k.
I believe it's comes into force March 1.
I would like to know how it's going to be monitored. It may mean copies of bank book and letter of authentication from the bank.
I hope the 5 minute routine on 90 day reporting is not going to be dragged out.
I read that the 800K must be in a Thai Bank 2 months before and 3 months after. What about the people that use the monthly income of 65K or the combination of monthly and money in bank to satisfy the new rules? Are there new rules for a marriage visa, I did not read anything pertaining to that.

Also, I would like to hear from anyone that has used ATM withdrawals from their country to a Thai Bank, are they accepted, if so what documentation is required to show ATM withdrawals from home bank to Thailand?

I am going for my 90 day this month and of course I will be asking a lot of questions such as the ones I posted above along with others. My concern is that one Officer may tell me what I want to hear but I am afraid that when I go for my extension, they may say sorry rules change now, by then it will be too late to get the banking requirements in order.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 3, 2019, 5:23 pm

LoneTraveler wrote:
February 3, 2019, 3:29 pm
I read that the 800K must be in a Thai Bank 2 months before and 3 months after. What about the people that use the monthly income of 65K or the combination of monthly and money in bank to satisfy the new rules?
the rules include the combination of monthly and money in bank. They are not at all clear I suggest you try reading them and see if you can work out the meaning, I don't know anyone who has. Some immigration officials are pushing back on them.
LoneTraveler wrote:
Are there new rules for a marriage visa, I did not read anything pertaining to that.
Nothing for that extension yet.
LoneTraveler wrote:
Also, I would like to hear from anyone that has used ATM withdrawals from their country to a Thai Bank, are they accepted, if so what documentation is required to show ATM withdrawals from home bank to Thailand?
Opinion.

ATM withdraws unless you can make withdrawals that show on a Thai bank statement as foreign transfers do not meet the immigration rules.

If your ATM withdrawals show up on a Thai Bank statement as FTC, you have a good chance.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » February 4, 2019, 10:18 am

Thank you that information helps.

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » February 5, 2019, 11:39 am

This is my experience with a recent retirement extension. As always my experience may not be applicable to everyone. With the demise of the income letter uncertainty has taken over. There is one young male inspector who controls the flow of information. There are brochures avaiable but the information is over ruled by the inspector.

When I asked if income with money in the bank would be OK his answer was NO. He is fixated on ฿800,000 in a bank account or a yearly statement showing ฿65,000 monthly deposits. I had been to Immigration multiple times requesting income verification information. He accepted my bank certified statement of 4 months showing ฿65,000 and account balance. You also need to copy all the pages of your bank passbook. So if you have a new passbook you will need to copy the old one.

You will also need to bring the House Registration Book and a copy and if married a copy of wife's Thai ID card.

This is all subject to change.

Mikedee43
udonmap.com

Post by Mikedee43 » February 5, 2019, 11:46 am

My understanding is that you can prove your income is in excess of 65,000 Baht per month. (Embassy confirmation of income is no longer acceptable)
OR
You have the 800k in the bank 2 month before and 3 months after and always maintain a balance of 400k

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » February 5, 2019, 11:50 am

JIng JIng
I assume you are talking about Kong Kai Immigration???? and this Officer

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » February 5, 2019, 11:59 am

No. I went to Udon Thani Immigration.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 5, 2019, 12:05 pm

Jing Jing wrote:
February 5, 2019, 11:39 am

. . .

When I asked if income with money in the bank would be OK his answer was NO. He is fixated on ฿800,000 in a bank account or a yearly statement showing ฿65,000 monthly deposits.

. . .
That is exactly how I have understood the new rules as they stand now.

The rest of your experience mirrors my own from past extensions.

Thanks for the info you provided. Much appreciated.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 5, 2019, 8:45 pm

Lone Star wrote:
February 5, 2019, 12:05 pm
Jing Jing wrote:
February 5, 2019, 11:39 am

. . .

When I asked if income with money in the bank would be OK his answer was NO. He is fixated on ฿800,000 in a bank account or a yearly statement showing ฿65,000 monthly deposits.

. . .
That is exactly how I have understood the new rules as they stand now.
You seem to have missed the latest, as did the IO. The combination method is definitely still available (item 5), though the details are now somewhat confusing.
IMG_6627-2.jpeg
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on February 5, 2019, 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 5, 2019, 8:50 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 5, 2019, 8:45 pm
You seem to have missed the latest, as did the IO. The combination method is definitely still available, though the details are now somewhat confusing.
Yes, missed it.

Probably wasn't looking hard for it since I probably won't use that method, but thanks for getting me up to speed.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » February 6, 2019, 8:34 am

You seem to have missed the latest, as did the IO. The combination method is definitely still available (item 5), though the details are now somewhat confusing.
IMG_6627-2.jpeg

Is this not the Thai Visa un signed and undated version , therefore walk into I/O with this and i think the sound you will here is "mind the door doesn't hit you on your way out " As always in these cases is it not better to go into I/O and ask ,as reading through most forums on this ,Each I/O are interpreting the new rules as they see fit , i have searched for an OFFICIAL translation of the new rules and as of yet have failed to find one , (i'm not saying this is wrong ,BUT Thai Visa have been wrong in the past ) so my advice would be go to your Immigration Office and ask , hopefully you'll get the same answer from more than 2 officers , here's to not holding my breath

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » February 6, 2019, 8:47 am

Hoopoe wrote:
February 6, 2019, 8:34 am
. . .

As always in these cases is it not better to go into I/O and ask ,as reading through most forums on this ,Each I/O are interpreting the new rules as they see fit . . .
Agree. In my opinion, always the best route when it gets down to the nitty gritty.

All of us who have been through this for a number of years know that what happens for you or me or someone else today, may not happen for someone else tomorrow. Or for any of us the next time. "Handle ya bidness."

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 6, 2019, 10:49 am

Hoopoe wrote:
February 6, 2019, 8:34 am
IMG_6627-2.jpeg

Is this not the Thai Visa un signed and undated version , therefore walk into I/O with this and i think the sound you will here is "mind the door doesn't hit you on your way out " As always in these cases is it not better to go into I/O and ask ,as reading through most forums on this ,Each I/O are interpreting the new rules as they see fit , i have searched for an OFFICIAL translation of the new rules and as of yet have failed to find one , (i'm not saying this is wrong ,BUT Thai Visa have been wrong in the past ) so my advice would be go to your Immigration Office and ask , hopefully you'll get the same answer from more than 2 officers , here's to not holding my breath
No it isn't either unsigned or undated, here is the cover page
IMG_6630.JPG
As to "OFFICIAL translations" they are AFIK never, for these kinds of guidance documents, issued by immigration so finding one will be a challenge.

The translations are done by legal firms independent of immigration.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » February 6, 2019, 11:16 am

All of this nonsense regarding interpretations and intent is meaningless.

When IOs have the authority to change rules on the spot, it matters little what the rules are.
The rules are intentionally vague for a reason. This is Thailand where the rule of law does not exist. Get used to it.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » February 6, 2019, 5:20 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 6, 2019, 10:49 am
[
IMG_6627-2.jpeg

No it isn't either unsigned or undated, here is the cover page
IMG_6630.JPG

As to "OFFICIAL translations" they are AFIK never, for these kinds of guidance documents, issued by immigration so finding one will be a challenge.

The translations are done by legal firms independent of immigration.

This is translated , via , Thai visa.com / the nation , trust them if you will , i still see no signature , they made a sweet little video on the procedure for online appointments at Thai visa Vientiane 2 weeks ago , they even advised everyone to use the web .org web page , which the Embassy clearly stated they were not using anymore ,TRUST them at your peril , the best advice is to go into the I/O you are going to use and ask ,

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 6, 2019, 7:19 pm

Giggle wrote:
February 6, 2019, 11:16 am
All of this nonsense regarding interpretations and intent is meaningless.

When IOs have the authority to change rules on the spot, it matters little what the rules are.
The rules are intentionally vague for a reason. This is Thailand where the rule of law does not exist. Get used to it.
Agree 110 %.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 6, 2019, 11:06 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
February 6, 2019, 5:20 pm

i still see no signature ,
The signature is on the original Thai document, it is never on the translation.

Here are the original signed documents https://www.immigration.go.th/read?cont ... 5d3589c929

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 9, 2019, 3:40 pm

Picked up my marriage visa extension yesterday, and enquired on Udon's take on the new rules. Told 400,000 baht in the bank as before, or 40,000 baht EVERY month into a Thai bank as a foreign transfer for the income method.

For me, i worked out that the 40,000 a month transfer (if done bank to bank) would cost me 7,200 baht more per year than my current method - also i am only in Thailand about 10 months a year so doing it every month is not really ideal. So I guess the 400,000 in the bank the only real option for me.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”