GROUND GUTTER ?

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
harry68
udonmap.com

GROUND GUTTER ?

Post by harry68 » August 5, 2018, 6:37 am

Can anyone point me in the right direction to find ground gutters
Something along the lines of attached pictures
Cheers
2.jpg
2.jpg (11.6 KiB) Viewed 2149 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (14.55 KiB) Viewed 2149 times

ajsp9
udonmap.com

Re: GROUND GUTTER ?

Post by ajsp9 » August 5, 2018, 8:51 am

ACO are the ones but don’t think you can buy in Thailand

Try these

http://www.webforge.asia/civil/aquadrain

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 5, 2018, 9:10 am

If you can't find what you're looking for, you could use a piece of PVC gutter sold in global house

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » August 5, 2018, 11:19 am

Other opinion is a French Drain, I looked high and low for gutters couldn't find anything suitable so dug and installed a french drain - works well even in heavy rain

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » August 5, 2018, 12:58 pm

make in concrete, bit of shuttering, too easy

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » August 5, 2018, 1:59 pm

Had to look up french drain but that is what Somchai installed for us (a trench filled with Rock, which connected to a drain, in my case)

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » August 7, 2018, 2:06 am

This is what i ended up doing ,(they call it long Nam , ) built out of breeze blocks and skimmed ,for me this is used to drain the land ,it works very well , not sure if this is what your looking for but hope it helps ,
Attachments
DSC_0000720.jpg
DSC_0000727.jpg

harry68
udonmap.com

Post by harry68 » August 7, 2018, 5:36 am

thanks all for help
cheers

ajarnudon
udonmap.com

Post by ajarnudon » February 9, 2019, 10:39 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
August 7, 2018, 2:06 am
This is what i ended up doing ,(they call it long Nam , ) built out of breeze blocks and skimmed ,for me this is used to drain the land ,it works very well , not sure if this is what your looking for but hope it helps ,
Hi Hoopoe
Your drain is somewhat similar to the formwork for my wall footings, which were just on a larger scale (40 x 40 cm). But what you have done is very much what I have in mind for my drains - except that for much of the roof I am going to do away with the guttering/downpipe. My attached garage is right on the southern boundary, and the neighbouring property (sometimes a jungle) has trees that span the dividing four metre easement, and are up to 4 metres higher than my wall on that side. This has some real benefits as the sun comes from the southrn side for 8/9 months of the year. However, this also means that, despite any leafguard type solutions, metal gutters will rust out very quickly - and plastic guttering will fill up with mud and have UV problems. My roof overhangs the walls by one metre all round, and I plan on having a one metre concrete pathway around most of the house with a 'long nam' drain like yours (perhaps slightly wider) just outside, that the rain can fall freely into from the roof.. I will have some guttering to collect rainwater to a tank.
I don't know if you will see this, but I am interested if you have put some kind of slotted cover over the top. My rented house in Udon has an open drain around the perimeter and, with two mango trees, it is always full of leaves - a perfect mosquito haven.
Regards, John

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » February 10, 2019, 6:16 am

ajarnudon wrote:
February 9, 2019, 10:39 pm
Hoopoe wrote:
August 7, 2018, 2:06 am
Hi Hoopoe
Your drain is somewhat similar to the formwork for my wall footings, which were just on a larger scale (40 x 40 cm). But what you have done is very much what I have in mind for my drains - except that for much of the roof I am going to do away with the guttering/downpipe. My attached garage is right on the southern boundary, and the neighbouring property (sometimes a jungle) has trees that span the dividing four metre easement, and are up to 4 metres higher than my wall on that side. This has some real benefits as the sun comes from the southrn side for 8/9 months of the year. However, this also means that, despite any leafguard type solutions, metal gutters will rust out very quickly - and plastic guttering will fill up with mud and have UV problems. My roof overhangs the walls by one metre all round, and I plan on having a one metre concrete pathway around most of the house with a 'long nam' drain like yours (perhaps slightly wider) just outside, that the rain can fall freely into from the roof.. I will have some guttering to collect rainwater to a tank.
I don't know if you will see this, but I am interested if you have put some kind of slotted cover over the top. My rented house in Udon has an open drain around the perimeter and, with two mango trees, it is always full of leaves - a perfect mosquito haven.
Regards, John

Hi John , i too have a jungle on one side ,(hopefully soon big Macro will be in to clear it ) i have not put anything on top as a cover ,it makes it easier to clean,( i know it would stop the garden /leaves litter going in , ) but i also use it to drain washing/shower water away from the property , if it's not perfectly inclined it will hold water as mine does in a few places ( the ground is constantly moving , slightly ) so therefore i hose it out once aweek just down one length were the house water runs , ,, the size i have is plenty even for torrential down pour , my only concern was for the children (upto 4 years old , ) but they come and visit often and there is no problem ,

Return to “House & Land”