One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

General Udon Thani topics only!
Udonhoward
udonmap.com
Posts: 115
Joined: March 8, 2014, 1:32 pm

One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by Udonhoward » February 6, 2019, 1:41 pm

I'm wondering if anyone has done this (a multi-entry one year based on marriage) recently? Are there are any new requirements due to all the recent changes in the immigration regs?



User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by 747man » February 6, 2019, 1:50 pm

I'll be Doing it NEXT Monday,As far as I Am Aware there are NO Changes,But I CAN Let you know for definate when I Get back on Wednesday the 13th If That'll help you....

Udonhoward
udonmap.com
Posts: 115
Joined: March 8, 2014, 1:32 pm

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by Udonhoward » February 6, 2019, 2:14 pm

I'd appreciate that. I'm trying to determine my best option, planning in advance with the new regs.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by 747man » February 6, 2019, 2:19 pm

Udonhoward wrote:
February 6, 2019, 2:14 pm
I'd appreciate that. I'm trying to determine my best option, planning in advance with the new regs.
O.K.Howard I Will let you know next Week,When I Get back......I Ain't gonna put my PC On my back that's the reason it'll be when I'm Back " Home " in Nong Khai....

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com
Posts: 183
Joined: April 26, 2011, 2:29 pm

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by LoneTraveler » February 7, 2019, 1:38 pm

747man wrote:
February 6, 2019, 1:50 pm
I'll be Doing it NEXT Monday,As far as I Am Aware there are NO Changes,But I CAN Let you know for definate when I Get back on Wednesday the 13th If That'll help you....
I am currently on a retirement O-A extension, I am considering changing to a visa based on marriage. The question is, if the marriage ends in divorce, can I revert back to an O-A retirement visa if I meet all the requirements?

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by 747man » February 7, 2019, 1:40 pm

LoneTraveler wrote:
February 7, 2019, 1:38 pm
747man wrote:
February 6, 2019, 1:50 pm
I'll be Doing it NEXT Monday,As far as I Am Aware there are NO Changes,But I CAN Let you know for definate when I Get back on Wednesday the 13th If That'll help you....
I am currently on a retirement O-A extension, I am considering changing to a visa based on marriage. The question is, if the marriage ends in divorce, can I revert back to an O-A retirement visa if I meet all the requirements?
I'm Afraid I Can't answer that,But I Imagine you should be able to.....

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10526
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by jackspratt » February 7, 2019, 3:31 pm

LoneTraveler wrote:
February 7, 2019, 1:38 pm

I am currently on a retirement O-A extension, I am considering changing to a visa based on marriage. The question is, if the marriage ends in divorce, can I revert back to an O-A retirement visa if I meet all the requirements?
You can get a new extension of your current O-A, by changing the reason from retirement to marriage (assuming you meet the conditions for marriage).

You can change back to retirement for a later extension (again, assuming you meet the conditions).

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com
Posts: 183
Joined: April 26, 2011, 2:29 pm

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by LoneTraveler » February 8, 2019, 10:12 am

jackspratt wrote:
February 7, 2019, 3:31 pm
LoneTraveler wrote:
February 7, 2019, 1:38 pm

I am currently on a retirement O-A extension, I am considering changing to a visa based on marriage. The question is, if the marriage ends in divorce, can I revert back to an O-A retirement visa if I meet all the requirements?
You can get a new extension of your current O-A, by changing the reason from retirement to marriage (assuming you meet the conditions for marriage).

You can change back to retirement for a later extension (again, assuming you meet the conditions).
Thank you for the info. I thought my O-A would expire and I would have to apply for a new Visa based upon marriage. This information makes me feel allot better about changing my status from retirement to marriage and back again if need be. Yes, I meet requirements for each extension.

STARS
udonmap.com
Posts: 75
Joined: June 26, 2007, 6:48 pm

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by STARS » February 11, 2019, 7:56 pm

Thinking about a return to Thailand to live after about 10 years back in the US.
As I scout the board here it seems that if I come in from US on a 1 year multi entry visa based on marriage then at the end of that year a new year 1 year visa can be obtained at Savanakhet.


Is this correct? And is there another boarder crossing that will do the same?

Thanks

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 1341
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 12, 2019, 11:46 am

LoneTraveler wrote:
February 8, 2019, 10:12 am

Thank you for the info. I thought my O-A would expire and I would have to apply for a new Visa based upon marriage. This information makes me feel allot better about changing my status from retirement to marriage and back again if need be. Yes, I meet requirements for each extension.
A suggestion.

If you meet the requirements by a bank deposit then it is a good idea to show a single balance of over 400k but less than 800k if applying for the marriage extension, you may be pressured into a retirement extension otherwise.

It would be the same for income
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by 747man » February 12, 2019, 9:13 pm

STARS wrote:
February 11, 2019, 7:56 pm
Thinking about a return to Thailand to live after about 10 years back in the US.
As I scout the board here it seems that if I come in from US on a 1 year multi entry visa based on marriage then at the end of that year a new year 1 year visa can be obtained at Savanakhet.


Is this correct? And is there another boarder crossing that will do the same?

Thanks
Yes Mate You are correct CAN Do at Savanakhet,NO Problem....Only other Borders that you can get a Multi-Entry Non-Imm " O " Based on Marriage are Penang & Ho Chi Minh City but I Think both require the 400k in the Bank,Where as Savanakhet Does NOT Require ANY Financial proof.....I Just Did mine & Got back home to Nong Khai ONE Hour Ago..... :D :D :D

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by 747man » February 12, 2019, 9:16 pm

Udonhoward wrote:
February 6, 2019, 1:41 pm
I'm wondering if anyone has done this (a multi-entry one year based on marriage) recently? Are there are any new requirements due to all the recent changes in the immigration regs?
Just Got back From Savanakhet / Mukdahan ONE Hour ago.......NO Changes Same-Same as before..... :D :D

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1145
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by newtovillagelife » February 12, 2019, 11:24 pm

747man wrote:
February 12, 2019, 9:16 pm
Udonhoward wrote:
February 6, 2019, 1:41 pm
I'm wondering if anyone has done this (a multi-entry one year based on marriage) recently? Are there are any new requirements due to all the recent changes in the immigration regs?
Just Got back From Savanakhet / Mukdahan ONE Hour ago.......NO Changes Same-Same as before..... :D :D
Correct me if I am wrong, but you still have to leave the country every 90 days ??

User avatar
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com
Posts: 1341
Joined: October 7, 2008, 11:19 am

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by sometimewoodworker » February 13, 2019, 7:18 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
February 12, 2019, 11:24 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but you still have to leave the country every 90 days ??
You do, though each entry can be extended for 60 days to "visit your wife"
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

DuiDui49
udonmap.com
Posts: 838
Joined: March 15, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: Koh Samui

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by DuiDui49 » February 13, 2019, 7:51 am

747man wrote:
February 12, 2019, 9:16 pm
Udonhoward wrote:
February 6, 2019, 1:41 pm
I'm wondering if anyone has done this (a multi-entry one year based on marriage) recently? Are there are any new requirements due to all the recent changes in the immigration regs?
Just Got back From Savanakhet / Mukdahan ONE Hour ago.......NO Changes Same-Same as before..... :D :D
Godmorning and thanks for the update !

If you could fine time could you find time to make a Marriage VISA trip rundown.How you traveled,time it took,any hops that you had to go thrue,what's the rutine going there,time it took..and whatever more that would be intresting to know for us who might revert from Retirement--> Marriage VISA.

Thanks in advance 747man..Have an awsome day sir..:-)
Best regards
//DuiDui
"Exercise is individual and nutrition is queen: together, you have a kingdom."

“Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues but the parent of all others.” 

"To grow and mature demands time and willingness to learn from your own misstakes"

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by 747man » February 13, 2019, 10:33 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 13, 2019, 7:18 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
February 12, 2019, 11:24 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but you still have to leave the country every 90 days ??
You do, though each entry can be extended for 60 days to "visit your wife"
Yes, But at a cost of 1900 Baht to Thai Immigration & On you're LAST Re-Entry at least 30 Days BEFORE Visa expires you can get a YEAR ( 12 Months ) Extension IF You have 400k In The Bank Again for 1900 Baht.....WITHOUT Having to leave the country every 90 Days.... :-" :-" :-"

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by 747man » February 13, 2019, 11:32 am

DuiDui49 wrote:
February 13, 2019, 7:51 am
747man wrote:
February 12, 2019, 9:16 pm
Udonhoward wrote:
February 6, 2019, 1:41 pm
I'm wondering if anyone has done this (a multi-entry one year based on marriage) recently? Are there are any new requirements due to all the recent changes in the immigration regs?
Just Got back From Savanakhet / Mukdahan ONE Hour ago.......NO Changes Same-Same as before..... :D :D
Godmorning and thanks for the update !

If you could fine time could you find time to make a Marriage VISA trip rundown.How you traveled,time it took,any hops that you had to go thrue,what's the rutine going there,time it took..and whatever more that would be intresting to know for us who might revert from Retirement--> Marriage VISA.

Thanks in advance 747man..Have an awsome day sir..:-)
Yes I Can Do that ( I Have LOADS of Spare time Today ) :shock: :shock: , So Here Goes.......

Sunday 10th February....Left Nong Khai ( Home ) in my 4x4 at 09.00 hrs....
....Route,Via Udon Thani, Sakon Nakon,Sawang Dan Din to Mukdahan Arrived at 13.45hrs,Check In HOP-INN Hotel 520 Baht ( Pre-Booked on Agoda.com .....Shower, then walked around Indo Chine Market ( Has Same Old Tat as the Nong Khai one !!!! ) Had a bit of Dinner there in a Vietnamese Shop,Drove back to Hotel.....Bedtime....22.00hrs

Monday 11th Feb. Up at 07.00hrs Free Coffee in Hop-Inn Reception Area :lol: :lol: ,Drove to Friendship Bridge 2,Cleared Thai Immigration,Bus to Laos Side of Bridge 50 Baht, Through Laos Immigration 35 US $...Minibus to Thai Consulate ( 7/8 Mins 100 Baht ) Put Application in ( About 40 People in front of me,So took about an hour to process,You Submit ALL The Documents ( ORIGINAL Marriage Certificate + COPY,Copies of Blue Housebook + Wife's Thai ID Card ( BOTH Signed by Her ) Copy of Information page from you're Passport + Of Course you're Passport as well + 5,000 Baht Visa Fee )I Also put my YELLOW Book + Copy in..... :-" :-" They will check everything whilst you are at the window then ask you for the 5,000 Baht,They will give you a Numbered Ticket to produce the next day when picking up Passport with VISA Included( DO NOT LOSE THIS ) & Tell you come back tomorrow At 14.00hrs ( 2.00pm ) Tuk Tuk to Aura Residence Hotel 700 Baht ( Agoda.com ) He will negotiate to pick you up for the return trip the next afternoon,He'll wait at Consulate & take you onto the Friendship Bridge( 200 Baht Per Person ) for the return Crossing by Bus ( 50 Baht )

Tuesday 12th Feb...Tuk-TUK Picked us up & took us back to Consulate The CONSULATE Opens at EXACTLY 2.00pm,You join the Queue ( NO Numbers are called just follow the line ) Give You're Ticket in at the window, They will ask you're name BEFORE They hand over you're Passport,You MUST Check IF They have issued the CORRECT Visa to You ( IMPORTANT )....Tuk-Tuk Back to Bridge ( Pay him what You agreed on I Agreed 400 Baht for BOTH My Wife & I )....Cleared Laos Immigration,Boarded Bus ( 50 Baht ) Back on Thai Soil at 15.10hrs Cleared Thai Immigration Stamped in for 90 Days \:D/ \:D/ ....Walked back to my Vehicle which I'd parked in the SMALL " Free " Car Park ( THAT Is the ONLY Thing that is " FREE !!!!!! )....Departed Mukdahan approx 15.20hrs Via SAME Route back to Home in Nong-Khai Arrived at 19.50 hrs LOTS Of NUMBNUTS Driving Today )....A Little Bit Knackered to say the least !!
Total ROUND Trip Distance 760 Kilos, Fuel Cost 1700 Baht.....My 18 Year Old 4x4 Ran like a DREAM....
Last edited by 747man on February 22, 2019, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1145
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by newtovillagelife » February 13, 2019, 1:27 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 13, 2019, 7:18 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
February 12, 2019, 11:24 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but you still have to leave the country every 90 days ??
You do, though each entry can be extended for 60 days to "visit your wife"
I was told by Immigration in Udon, that I could only extend the entry ONCE a year due to Marriage, at a cost of 1900 baht.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10020
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by 747man » February 13, 2019, 1:40 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
February 13, 2019, 1:27 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 13, 2019, 7:18 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
February 12, 2019, 11:24 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but you still have to leave the country every 90 days ??
You do, though each entry can be extended for 60 days to "visit your wife"
I was told by Immigration in Udon, that I could only extend the entry ONCE a year due to Marriage, at a cost of 1900 baht.
So You must've had only a SINGLE Entry Visa then.....But even with that You CAN Extend it for A Yearly Extension....( During the LAST 30 Days ) before the Actual VISA Expires....

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 1145
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by newtovillagelife » February 13, 2019, 2:08 pm

747man wrote:
February 13, 2019, 1:40 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
February 13, 2019, 1:27 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
February 13, 2019, 7:18 am
newtovillagelife wrote:
February 12, 2019, 11:24 pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but you still have to leave the country every 90 days ??
You do, though each entry can be extended for 60 days to "visit your wife"
I was told by Immigration in Udon, that I could only extend the entry ONCE a year due to Marriage, at a cost of 1900 baht.
So You must've had only a SINGLE Entry Visa then.....But even with that You CAN Extend it for A Yearly Extension....( During the LAST 30 Days ) before the Actual VISA Expires....
Yes I believe it was, so can you clarify, if I get the one year multi-entry and extend each time, for 60 days, I only have to leave the country 3 times, as opposed to 4 times if I leave every 90 days. This would save a little cash and a page of my passport taken up with the pesky Loas visa, and give me a total of 15 months on the one year visa. Thanks in advance.

Post Reply

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”