America Today.

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 2593
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: America Today.

Post by Lone Star » February 6, 2019, 12:55 pm

glalt wrote:
February 6, 2019, 12:43 pm
Other than the EU, border jumpers in many countries are severely punished. What good are the laws if they are ignored? There are many different estimates of how much illegals are costing taxpayers. The latest estimate I have found puts the cost at 158 billion dollars a year. That money would go a long ways to upgrade the crumbling infrastructure. People who attempt to deal with this problem are labeled racists and other stupid names. Those bleeding heart people have not considered how much this failed way of dealing with illegals hurts those who are trying to enter legally. The anchor baby rule should also be repealed. I'm quite sure that the founding fathers never meant it to work this way.
Well said, glalt.

And the anchor baby idea arose out of the 14th Amendment -- granting citizenship to freed slaves. Its intention was never beyond that action, and there are numerous historical documents on file from debates in Congress that outline this very idea.
"The American soldiers were proof that God exists, and they came down from the sky. They came down from Heaven."

User avatar
Giggle
udonmap.com
Posts: 730
Joined: October 18, 2016, 4:24 pm

Re: America Today.

Post by Giggle » February 6, 2019, 1:30 pm

The birthright clause of the 14th Amd. needs to be replaced. Almost no other country does this nonsense.

https://www.newsweek.com/feds-raid-mate ... sts-777643
... 40,000 children every year were born to women who are in the U.S. on a travel visa.
:confused:

In 2001, Yaser Esam Hamdi was a 21-year-old Saudi Arabian citizen captured in Afghanistan fighting against American and Northern Alliance forces. Considered an illegal enemy combatant, he was transferred to the Guantanamo Detention Facility in Cuba, where officials discovered something quite surprising. Hamdi was American. Born in Baton Rouge, La., to Saudi parents on short work permits, he was granted American citizenship through the birthright clause of the Fourteenth Amendment. As an infant, Hamdi moved back to Saudi Arabia never to return to U.S. shores -- but he remained American, even as he fought U.S. troops in Afghanistan. The intended purpose of the Fourteenth Amendment was to grant U.S. citizenship to former slaves in America. In 1868, the author of the amendment, Michigan Senator John Howard, wrote that citizenship would be conferred to those born in, and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. Howard clarified the intent of the clause claiming it would not include foreigners, aliens, or families of ambassadors. How did Yaser Hamdi, born to foreign parents temporarily in the U.S. in 1980, become a citizen? The interpretive twists and turns of the birthright clause, through legal cases and policy application, have distorted the original intent from current protocol. The birthright citizenship clause of the Fourteenth Amendment should be replaced.

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 2593
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: America Today.

Post by Lone Star » February 11, 2019, 5:42 am

Giggle wrote:
February 6, 2019, 1:30 pm
and subject to the jurisdiction of the United States. Howard clarified the intent of the clause claiming it would not include foreigners, aliens, or families of ambassadors.
I've read this document before, and that statement reflects that the Amendment was never intended for anyone other than freed slaves.

Nailed it.
"The American soldiers were proof that God exists, and they came down from the sky. They came down from Heaven."

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 2593
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: America Today.

Post by Lone Star » February 11, 2019, 5:43 am

20190210-212850.jpg
"The American soldiers were proof that God exists, and they came down from the sky. They came down from Heaven."

User avatar
newtovillagelife
udonmap.com
Posts: 826
Joined: December 3, 2011, 10:14 am

Re: America Today.

Post by newtovillagelife » February 11, 2019, 10:13 am

Hiring illegal immigrants is against the law. Part of the Immigration Nationality Act, the Immigration Reform and Control Act, or IRCA, makes it illegal to hire a worker who does not have citizenship or the authorization as a legal immigrant to work in the United States.

So how are these illegal immigrants supporting themselves. Is this not one of the roots of the problem. Why would a patriotic American commit this crime, and if they do why are they not arrested and put in jail. Problem solved.

skinner
udonmap.com
Posts: 453
Joined: June 17, 2015, 1:57 pm
Location: Nong bua lamphu

Re: America Today.

Post by skinner » February 11, 2019, 11:26 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
February 11, 2019, 10:13 am
Hiring illegal immigrants is against the law. Part of the Immigration Nationality Act, the Immigration Reform and Control Act, or IRCA, makes it illegal to hire a worker who does not have citizenship or the authorization as a legal immigrant to work in the United States.

So how are these illegal immigrants supporting themselves. Is this not one of the roots of the problem. Why would a patriotic American commit this crime, and if they do why are they not arrested and put in jail. Problem solved.
I suppose because many working class septics are too stupid ,too lazy or too fat to do the jobs many of the immigrants will willingly do .
Add to this that your average septic hiring the said immigrants in this capitalist utopia doesnt give a F*ck what people (including Lonely star ) say .
Hell , its his god given right to do what he wants in the land of the free , and that includes gunning down school children if he so wishes.

User avatar
Giggle
udonmap.com
Posts: 730
Joined: October 18, 2016, 4:24 pm

Re: America Today.

Post by Giggle » February 11, 2019, 11:35 am

At least we're not Brittles.

User avatar
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com
Posts: 3601
Joined: February 13, 2006, 2:02 am
Location: Udon Thani Thailand

Re: America Today.

Post by FrazeeDK » February 11, 2019, 8:49 pm

and the factory and plant owners along with a bunch of others will claim their employees had appropriate ID and SSAN's.. E-Verify should be 100% mandatory and teeth need to be put in the laws prohibiting knowingly hiring an illegal immigrant. Put some big factory/farm/plant owner in prison for it and you'll see them wise up. If E-Verify was 100% you can bet a lot of illegals lacking a decent job would self-deport. Funny that these two key issues concerning immigration security are never mentioned by Trump..... Just da' wall.... It should be a complete package along with reforming legal immigration....
Dave

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 2593
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: America Today.

Post by Lone Star » February 12, 2019, 7:05 am

FrazeeDK wrote:
February 11, 2019, 8:49 pm
and the factory and plant owners along with a bunch of others will claim their employees had appropriate ID and SSAN's.. E-Verify should be 100% mandatory and teeth need to be put in the laws prohibiting knowingly hiring an illegal immigrant. Put some big factory/farm/plant owner in prison for it and you'll see them wise up. If E-Verify was 100% you can bet a lot of illegals lacking a decent job would self-deport. Funny that these two key issues concerning immigration security are never mentioned by Trump..... Just da' wall.... It should be a complete package along with reforming legal immigration....
Agree.

E-Verify is part of Trump's entire package.
"The American soldiers were proof that God exists, and they came down from the sky. They came down from Heaven."

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 2593
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: America Today.

Post by Lone Star » February 12, 2019, 7:05 am

20190212-060757.jpg
"The American soldiers were proof that God exists, and they came down from the sky. They came down from Heaven."

skinner
udonmap.com
Posts: 453
Joined: June 17, 2015, 1:57 pm
Location: Nong bua lamphu

Re: America Today.

Post by skinner » February 16, 2019, 10:09 am


User avatar
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com
Posts: 3601
Joined: February 13, 2006, 2:02 am
Location: Udon Thani Thailand

Re: America Today.

Post by FrazeeDK » February 16, 2019, 12:54 pm

Yes, E-Verify is in a written policy statement of the Trump Administration but when was the last time you heard anybody in that administration lambast Congress for not enacting mandatory E-Verify and other related Immigration Security issues? Beating the drum on one issue (da Wall!) is nonsensical... Of course the Dems are totally besotted with Trump hate so their leadership disavow the many statements they've made in the past supporting border security and immigration reform..
Dave

User avatar
Lone Star
udonmap.com
Posts: 2593
Joined: June 26, 2014, 11:52 pm

Re: America Today.

Post by Lone Star » February 16, 2019, 2:44 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
February 16, 2019, 12:54 pm
Yes, E-Verify is in a written policy statement of the Trump Administration but when was the last time you heard anybody in that administration lambast Congress for not enacting mandatory E-Verify and other related Immigration Security issues? Beating the drum on one issue (da Wall!) is nonsensical... Of course the Dems are totally besotted with Trump hate so their leadership disavow the many statements they've made in the past supporting border security and immigration reform..
It's all in there, but it doesn't matter. He wasn't going to get that anyway. He didn't even get half of what he wanted in this so-called compromise bill. Not half of anything in any area -- wall, technology, manpower, stronger legal enforcement.

I just finished reading parts of the bill that is now law. It has landmines all through it. The language in it makes many problem areas worse, and there are so many restrictions on the wall itself, that the wording in the entire law makes it look like only Democrats were on the compromise committee. It's pathetic. The US has the potential of being over-run at the border and over-run in the interior. ICE has new limitations on them that prevent them from deporting anyone who is a sponsor of an unaccompanied minor. Anyone. Very disappointing read. Republicans had their heads up their a55es.

Ryan and McConnell screwed Trump over when he had the majority for two years. Now McConnell screws him over again with this crap legislation.
"The American soldiers were proof that God exists, and they came down from the sky. They came down from Heaven."

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 4570
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: America Today.

Post by GT93 » February 17, 2019, 4:36 am

Wasn't part of the problem Trump lacked the political skills to work with a Republican congress?

Post Reply

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests