Return prices to Bangkok

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
dalek
udonmap.com

Return prices to Bangkok

Post by dalek » February 14, 2019, 8:36 am

In a few months time I'll need to do Udon to BKK return trip twice, to renew my passport, then collect it when it's ready.

What's the cheapest prices for different modes of transport? I've been on the bus before, but it was a few years ago but can't remember the price.

Last time I went on the train the price had increased dramatically due to the new rolling stock. IIRC was it 900 Baht each way?

Although flights are faster, the cost seems to vary dramatically depending on when you go and how far in advance you book, I booked for my sister in-law when she was on holiday here, once it was 900 Baht one-way, a month later 1,800 Baht.

747man
udonmap.com

Re: Return prices to Bangkok

Post by 747man » February 14, 2019, 9:37 am

dalek wrote:
February 14, 2019, 8:36 am
In a few months time I'll need to do Udon to BKK return trip twice, to renew my passport, then collect it when it's ready.

What's the cheapest prices for different modes of transport? I've been on the bus before, but it was a few years ago but can't remember the price.

Last time I went on the train the price had increased dramatically due to the new rolling stock. IIRC was it 900 Baht each way?

Although flights are faster, the cost seems to vary dramatically depending on when you go and how far in advance you book, I booked for my sister in-law when she was on holiday here, once it was 900 Baht one-way, a month later 1,800 Baht.
If You know the approx Date you are going,Go on www.skyscanner.com & You can get Some Fantastic deals,Right now there is a Fare on their website for Next Month for 36 US $ RETURN,Only problem is Some of the flights either Depart UTH VERY EARLY Or Quite LATE,But Beggars Can't be Choosers !!

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » February 14, 2019, 10:10 am

dalek wrote:
February 14, 2019, 8:36 am

Dalek not sure what nationality you are but i just renewd my uk passport on the 23rd of january,i left my old passport with agent,she sent it back to me via EMS with tracking number ,300 baht saves flying back down to pick new passport up,i flew with thai lion air 650 baht into don muang then taxi to Trendy building total cost with Tolls 310 baht

dalek
udonmap.com

Post by dalek » February 14, 2019, 10:33 am

I'm a British passport holder. Any details on the agent you used?
Going slightly OT now - on the off chance you're a Brit too, what did you supply as proof of residence/address in Thailand and did VFS query it at all?

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » February 14, 2019, 10:42 am

I went into bangkok bank and got them to print me a statement showing my name and address in english,cost 100 baht ,Agents name is FA,0866605858,She speaks very good english,her office is by the reception desk were you hand your appointment letter in,give her a ring when youve finished your paperwork in upstairs,no problem whatsoever with VFS ,couldn,t do enough for you,in and out in 15 minutes,despite someone else booked in for my appointment time,infact my name was not even on the sheet for that day :D

dalek
udonmap.com

Post by dalek » February 14, 2019, 1:48 pm

Thanks for the replies so, they've been helpful, especially regarding finding cheap flights, that's encouraging.

Also thanks about the proof of address from Bangkok Bank, although in my case they have my address in Thai, so I think I've have to get documentation translated first, which is a little worrying.

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » February 14, 2019, 1:55 pm

dalek wrote:
February 14, 2019, 1:48 pm
Thanks for the replies so, they've been helpful, especially regarding finding cheap flights, that's encouraging.

Also thanks about the proof of address from Bangkok Bank, although in my case they have my address in Thai, so I think I've have to get documentation translated first, which is a little worrying.
my address was in thai originally i just wrote it down in english,no problem off they went,20 minutes later came back with it,100 baht

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » February 14, 2019, 2:17 pm

Dalek, When you see a Fare you like on www.skyscanner.com....Click on it,That will take you to a page listing the cheapest agents SELLING The Tickets.....The Cheapest always seems to be www.trip.com

I Just did one as an example for myself...

Outbound....March 28th LION Air Depart Udon 1135....Arrive DMK ( Don Muang ) at 1230....
Return ......April 2nd NOK Air Depart DMK ( Don Muang ) 1530 Arrive Udon 1635
Price on www.trip.com IS 30.80 GBP Return !! Amazing Price....

You can as I've Shown COMBINE 2 Different Airlines,But Remember whichever you choose NO CHECKED Baggage at those prices,Although you are allowed 7kgs Carry On.....Good Luck,Let me know if you get stuck on the website,But it's VERY EASY....

Also Note....Once YOU have booked The Ticket is NON-REFUNDABLE....

dalek
udonmap.com

Post by dalek » February 14, 2019, 2:22 pm

[/quote]my address was in thai originally i just wrote it down in english,no problem off they went,20 minutes later came back with it,100 baht
[/quote]

Oh right. I'm at the BKK Bank main Udon Thani branch on Posri Road. I wonder if they'll be as accommodating (assuming that's not your branch?) I will ask though.

Return to “Travel & Transport”