Cardinal George Pell

World news discussion forum
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Cardinal George Pell

Post by FrazeeDK » March 1, 2019, 2:07 pm

Lawyers trying to "bung" offenses.. No, the offense was the Cardinal bunging little boys right?

Dave

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 1, 2019, 6:05 pm

Raoul Duke wrote:
February 28, 2019, 4:36 pm
GT93 wrote:
February 28, 2019, 6:57 am
Very good Nigglyb.

Some of the journos probably deserve a bit of a slap.

The verdict, if the appeal is unsuccessful, puts eminent Australians such as John Howard and Tony Abbott in difficult positions.
I can't fathom John Howard and Tony Abbott getting involved in this.
They are all mates, pillars of the establishment, looking after each other. They have no concern for nameless and powerless children. Howard has always been an evil, racist, hate ridden rodent. Abbot is just a degenerate weirdo.
Watch Me!!

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » March 2, 2019, 9:00 am

marjamlew wrote:
March 1, 2019, 6:05 pm
Raoul Duke wrote:
February 28, 2019, 4:36 pm
GT93 wrote:
February 28, 2019, 6:57 am
Very good Nigglyb.

Some of the journos probably deserve a bit of a slap.

The verdict, if the appeal is unsuccessful, puts eminent Australians such as John Howard and Tony Abbott in difficult positions.
I can't fathom John Howard and Tony Abbott getting involved in this.
They are all mates, pillars of the establishment, looking after each other. They have no concern for nameless and powerless children. Howard has always been an evil, racist, hate ridden rodent. Abbot is just a degenerate weirdo.
Excellent description.
Voiceover for hire.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 2, 2019, 10:51 am

The Guardian reports:

"Cardinal George Pell’s appeal against his convictions of sexually assaulting and penetrating choirboys is likely to be granted and has a good chance of succeeding on the basis of unreasonableness, according to legal experts and defence lawyers.

Pell’s defence barrister, Robert Richter, told the sentencing hearing on Wednesday that his client’s appeal would be based on three key grounds: unreasonableness, the prohibition of video evidence in the closing address, and composition of the jury.

Experts spoken to by Guardian Australia agreed that while the latter two appeared flimsy, an appeal on the basis of unreasonableness may have a high chance of success. This argument says the jury delivered a verdict that was not supported by the evidence."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... xpert-says

A high chance of success? That's seems similar to Bill Shorten's chances of being Australia's Prime Minister by the end of the year.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 2, 2019, 11:34 am

GT93 wrote:
March 2, 2019, 10:51 am
The Guardian reports:

"Cardinal George Pell’s appeal against his convictions of sexually assaulting and penetrating choirboys is likely to be granted and has a good chance of succeeding on the basis of unreasonableness, according to legal experts and defence lawyers.

Pell’s defence barrister, Robert Richter, told the sentencing hearing on Wednesday that his client’s appeal would be based on three key grounds: unreasonableness, the prohibition of video evidence in the closing address, and composition of the jury.

Experts spoken to by Guardian Australia agreed that while the latter two appeared flimsy, an appeal on the basis of unreasonableness may have a high chance of success. This argument says the jury delivered a verdict that was not supported by the evidence."

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... xpert-says

A high chance of success? That's seems similar to Bill Shorten's chances of being Australia's Prime Minister by the end of the year.
The judges that sit on the full bench of the Victorian Supreme Court are part of the same establishment as Pell, Howard and Abbott. Nobody would be shocked if they upheld Pell's appeal. But given that Pell has been found guilty by a jury of ordinary people I know which verdict I would trust in. I don't think I know of a society where the elite don't look after the elite which is why we have an appellate system to begin with. Wasn't that long ago that this case would have ended up at the Privy Council. Bet those Lords from the British establishment would have looked after Pell.
Watch Me!!

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » March 2, 2019, 11:53 am

Stinks to the highest of heavens. They will always look after the establishment but whoa betide us plebs doing something serious like driving too fast. FFS

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 3, 2019, 2:20 am

The chatter is increasing that the jury's verdict was unreasonable. Even if the Supreme Court decides it was unreasonable, Pell and the Catholic Church are badly damaged in Australia.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » March 7, 2019, 11:20 am

I see there are now more grubby stories about Cardinal Pell emerging:

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/nation ... 512ci.html

"An ex-seminarian known as ‘‘Joe’’ came forward alleging that Pell and several other priests had, 10 to 15 years earlier, been having sex with Mannix College trainee clerics at ‘‘parties … involving young men’’ ... In the light of Pell’s conviction for sexual abuse of two choirboys in 1996, The Age and The Sydney Morning Herald believe there is public interest in revealing the trail of complaints that have dogged the cardinal’s career. If the ex-seminarian’s claims are included, there are nine known allegations about sexual misconduct against Pell, ranging from exposure to assault, although only two – his sexual abuse of the choirboys – have been upheld by a court."

I suspect there are more stories to come but we need to work out if they're fake news from people with an agenda.

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 7, 2019, 11:30 am

GT93 wrote:
March 7, 2019, 11:20 am
... we need to work out if they're fake news from people with an agenda.
Critically important. For example, of the three women who accused Justice Kavanaugh of wrongdoing, two have now admitted that they fabricated their allegations.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » March 7, 2019, 12:08 pm

Social media is like a cancer of society .
Anyone can spread fake news these days . Destroy lives at the push of a button , because they have a hidden agenda , or they are just seeking a little limelight .
Fakebook should be monitored and made accountable for their actions , or lack of .

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 5, 2019, 5:25 pm

Cardinal Pell was in court today for his appeal against conviction. He has another barrister for the appeal. Again one of the best money can buy in Oz. This is an interesting case. Perhaps still finely balanced.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-05/ ... s/11178726

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 20, 2019, 8:16 am

Tomorrow (Wednesday) we'll hear the outcome of Pell's appeal to the Victorian Court of Appeal. The appeal decision will be live streamed on the Supreme Court of Victoria’s website from 9.30am (AEST) on Wednesday. Udonites would need to be early risers to catch that.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 21, 2019, 10:21 am

Pell has lost his appeal, and unless he makes a further appeal to the High Court (where there is no guarantee they would even hear it), he is in the monkey house for the balance of his 6 year sentence ....... with a 3 year 8 month minimum.

I imagine the Vatican will have to act now, and we can start calling him just plain old "George". =D>

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » August 21, 2019, 11:21 am

jackspratt wrote:
August 21, 2019, 10:21 am
Pell has lost his appeal, and unless he makes a further appeal to the High Court (where there is no guarantee they would even hear it), he is in the monkey house for the balance of his 6 year sentence ....... with a 3 year 8 month minimum.

I imagine the Vatican will have to act now, and we can start calling him just plain old "George". =D>
GOOD......

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » August 22, 2019, 7:12 pm

My view is, bring the death penalty back for these sadistic paedophiles. In Pells case, it is not as though he did it once to one boy. The "*****" has a history a mile long, which simply confirms he never had and never will have any remorse for, or regrets about what he had done.

Hang the c...t and be done with it. As should be done to all his Priestly Mates, who haven't been caught yet.

Just my 2 cents worth

Anybody who indicates support for paedophiles or in any way tries to defend or justify the actions of one, is probably a Closet Paedophile, himself.

Just my 50 cents worth

Pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 22, 2019, 7:28 pm

Been a while since I have seen a good "hang 'em high" rant on the Map. :shock:

Fortunately, Australia being a civilised country, it is unlikely to happen. =D>

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » August 22, 2019, 8:11 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
August 22, 2019, 7:12 pm
Hang the c...t and be done with it. As should be done to all his Priestly Mates, who haven't been caught yet.
Are you suggesting a public spectacle from a tree branch in Sturt street gardens?
Voiceover for hire.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 23, 2019, 12:41 am

I think Pell is unlikely to reoffend at his age. He isn't a danger to community. Even if Victoria was uncivilised and still hanging criminals, I don't think Pell would warrant hanging. My 50 cents worth.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 23, 2019, 4:35 am

jackspratt wrote:
August 22, 2019, 7:28 pm
Been a while since I have seen a good "hang 'em high" rant on the Map. :shock:

Fortunately, Australia being a civilised country, it is unlikely to happen. =D>
A civilised country that allows priests , childrens homes . catholic schools , ect to abuse children , and then does everything in its power to cover the mis doings up . Right Jack . =; =;

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » August 23, 2019, 5:30 am

saint wrote:
August 23, 2019, 4:35 am
A civilised country that allows priests , childrens homes . catholic schools , ect to abuse children , and then does everything in its power to cover the mis doings up . Right Jack . =; =;
A country full of rigmarole and the great unwashed that arrived from the upstanding "Happy and Glorious "empire.
:-({|= :-({|= :nosey:
Voiceover for hire.

Return to “World News”