Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

Thailand visa and Immigration forum

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Re: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

Post by vidmaster » January 7, 2019, 5:30 pm

So is the 800,000 thb in Thai bank no longer an option?

Twixies
udonmap.com

Re: Here is exactly what’s needed for retirement & marriage extensions (income method) from 2019

Post by Twixies » January 7, 2019, 5:32 pm

Its the same as before. 400k/800k This is only for people there is using the income methods

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 7, 2019, 6:05 pm

vidmaster wrote:
January 7, 2019, 5:30 pm
So is the 800,000 thb in Thai bank no longer an option?
The hint is in the name :(

For the full information you need to read the original police order that the above makes additions/or changes to
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwNib_ ... pXdWs/view
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » January 7, 2019, 6:59 pm

Sorry - another Senior Moment 😩😩😩😩😩😩

cad792

Post by cad792 » March 12, 2019, 6:11 pm

Hi vidmaster , just read you piece on new visa rules , I hope you can help , I am married to a Thai national ,we married in the UK so consequently have a UK marriage license . My question is where and who could I get in touch with "in Udon" to get the marriage certificate notarized and or translated, if needs be, so it is acceptable to the imigration department for my year extension in September

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » March 13, 2019, 7:07 am

Hi Cad792
Sorry but I’m not the best one to answer your question
I suggest you contact Thai Embassy in London or perhaps another reader can help you e.g “ sometimewoodworker”
Good luck

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 13, 2019, 8:00 am

cad792 wrote:
March 12, 2019, 6:11 pm
Hi vidmaster , just read you piece on new visa rules , I hope you can help , I am married to a Thai national ,we married in the UK so consequently have a UK marriage license . My question is where and who could I get in touch with "in Udon" to get the marriage certificate notarized and or translated, if needs be, so it is acceptable to the imigration department for my year extension in September
I can't give a definitive answer. However immigration will want you to register your marriage in Thailand.

However the best information I can give is that the first steps are

0)the first thing to do is go to your local Ampur with your wife and the documents you have and ask them exactly what they need, and what they want to keep.

1) legalise the marriage certificate with the FCO https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised PO BOX 6255, Milton Keynes, MK10 1XX, Tel. 03700 002244
2)legalise the FCO legalised marriage certificate with the Thai embassy London http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/se ... ion.html#a
3) get the legalised documentation translationed and certified by the MFA in Bangkok (there are services in Udon that can do this step)
4) take the legalised certificate to your nearest Ampur (0) with your wife and register your marriage with them. NB do not permit the Ampur to keep the legalised documentation as you will probably need some or all of it for immigration.
5) get a Kor Ror 22

There's a suggestion that you may also need your birth certificate. to go through the same process
Also a certified copy of your passport from the British Embassy also translated and then legalised, probably also by the MFA
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

cad792

Post by cad792 » March 14, 2019, 8:26 am

Thanks to all , it seems as with everything else in Thailand lots of needless hoops need to be jumped though where a phone call to the appropriate government department would suffice

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » March 14, 2019, 5:46 pm

cad792 wrote:
March 14, 2019, 8:26 am
Thanks to all , it seems as with everything else in Thailand lots of needless hoops need to be jumped though where a phone call to the appropriate government department would suffice
That wouldn't work either and maybe more of a case where "a phone call to the appropriate government department SHOULD suffice."

Whatever advice you would get from 'head office' probably contradicts the local office's interpretation of the same law or rule. They mostly ignore what's wrote in their lingo on their own website and statutes and drawing some local pencil necks attention to this invariably ends badly for the honest, earnest foreigner.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”