U.S. Politics

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » March 21, 2019, 3:16 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 21, 2019, 2:51 pm
Has Donny crossed he line with the bashing he continues to give Mr John McCain. Apparently the Republicans aint too please with him I think Donny will have to go and stand in the corner

Answer: No.

Trump is only saying what Conservatives think and say about McCain all the time -- when he was alive and to his face.

You also need to learn the difference between Conservatives, Republicans and the political class Establishment Republicans (GOPe Mush).

Isakson is part of the GOPe Mush. I expect him and McRomney and McFlake and McJeb and McRyan and McKasich and McCorker and all the other lovers of McCain -- in his tradition of backstabbing his party and constituents -- to rush to McCain's defense.

The crap McCain pulled while a US Senator was disgraceful. Huge letdown. The dude should have finished the betrayal and just joined the Democrats before he died. That would have been wonderful.

No one was rushing to Good Ole John's side when the media was bashing the crap out of him in his run for POTUS in 2008. McCain was characterized by LIBs and the media as mean, racist, always angry, hothead, blah blah blah -- just like they have done to Trump and GWB and Reagan, etc.

Only when McCain would betray his party and/or constituents did LIBs love him. Then -- and when he was dead and gone. They'd always affectionately call him "The Maverick" when he did something for them and stabbed his own in the back. LIBs don't feel that way about their own maverick from West Virginia -- Maverick Joe Manchin -- Democrat. They hate him for doing to them what McCain did to Republicans.

You need to read up on that clown.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Lone Star News *Trigger Warning*

Post by Lone Star » March 21, 2019, 3:18 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 21, 2019, 2:10 pm
No you don't understand
Its frikn cold in Edmonton in the winter summer spring and fall
They don't sell shorts in the Malls there as it is COLD

So I do understand
Ever been to freezing a55 cold Windy City Chicago? Murder capital of the US?

I know you don't care, but I didn't say anything about the weather.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: Trump and the Stock Markets

Post by Doodoo » March 21, 2019, 3:18 pm

So
World equals all them others PLUS THE US?
You are reporting the US is a bed of roses and the S&P will increase 20% this year

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 21, 2019, 3:20 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 21, 2019, 3:18 pm
So
World equals all them others PLUS THE US?
You are reporting the US is a bed of roses and the S&P will increase 20% this year
I know you don't care, but if you bother to go read what the head of the IMF said at the same time she was talking about the world economy, you'll find that the US is still out front thriving.

Everything everywhere is slowing, but the leader is still in the lead.

But I know you don't care.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 21, 2019, 3:21 pm

It will hit you one day oh Great One when you least expect it, you will sit up and Say "OH, that's what he was saying"

"Now I understand"

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 21, 2019, 3:25 pm

20190319-172409.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 21, 2019, 3:26 pm

20190319-211549.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 21, 2019, 3:27 pm

20190320-095756.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 21, 2019, 3:28 pm

20190320-021345.jpg

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 21, 2019, 4:19 pm

By coincidence, this article appeared today -- saying almost exactly what I explained above.

Donna Brazile Trashed John McCain While He Was Alive; Now She’s His Biggest Fan

Source: Joel Pollak

Former interim Democratic National Committee chair Donna Brazile was full of posthumous praise for the late Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) on Wednesday’s edition of Fox News’ Special Report with Bret Baier.

The context was President Trump’s renewed criticism of McCain after a newly-released deposition showed how deeply McCain was involved in the fraudulent “Russia dossier” that has been used to attack the administration and divide the nation.

Brazile, who Fox News recently hired as a contributor, began by criticizing the president for speaking ill of the dead. She then continued: “John McCain leaves a legacy. He leaves a legacy of sacrifice. … John McCain should be honored for his service.”

It is heart-warming to read tributes to McCain from people who ignored his heroism and sacrifice and smeared his character when he ran against Barack Obama and, later, criticized him as president.

In 2014, for example, Brazile tweeted a hit piece on McCain, “The Vacant Soul of Senator John McCain.” She added: “Interesting article.”

The article was a response to McCain’s criticism of Obama for the Bowe Berghdal prisoner swap, in which the U.S. freed five major Taliban terrorists from Guantanamo Bay. McCain, a prisoner-of-war himself in Vietnam for five-and-a-half years, nevertheless  criticized the deal. (Berghdal was later convicted of desertion.)

What Brazile called an “interesting article” was a mean-spirited personal attack, with lines such as: “McCain had so much sunshine blown up his ass that his colon must have looked like Cabo San Lucas.” It referred to the war hero as a “small boy,” and accused him of handing U.S. foreign policy to corrupt “spooks and crooks.”

When McCain was alive, and — as it happens — in the right, Brazile said he had a “vacant soul.” Now she is his number-one fan.

The media do not love McCain for his service, which many did their best to ignore. No — the media love him as a foil to other Republicans — a role he has relished playing from the time he was the maverick alternative to George W. Bush during the 2000 Republican primary. They hated him when he was an effective critic of Obama’s foreign policy. They loved him again when he feuded with Trump in the 2015-6 election.

McCain made sure the feud would continue beyond his death. The media loved it, too: “Mr. McCain had carefully stage-managed a four-day celebration of his life — but what was also an unmistakable rebuke to President Trump and his agenda,” the New York Times wrote.

At the time, Trump swallowed his pride. Now that he is talking about McCain again, the last people to criticize the president should be those, like Donna Brazile, who trashed him while he was living, and when it mattered.

=====

So you see, people who keep up with these things know what happened with McCain as a senator.

Serving in the military, no matter what the hardship, is not a pass to be a backstabbing a55hole for the rest of one's life. It doesn't act as a defense shield against criticism for bad judgment.

We will learn more not-so-good things about John McCain with this Steele dossier. It's unfortunate that he didn't do a better job of being the good soldier who the media only praised when McCain was busy doing LIB dirty work.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 21, 2019, 4:32 pm

Fact Check: Trump’s Misleading Claims on John McCain, Tanks and G.D.P. Growth

LINDA QIU 5 hrs ago

Once again Donny BS Trump is at it again running his mouth off
Here you go I will make it easy for you to read the article
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspoli ... li=AAggNb9

He is getting easier and easier to not listen to,

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 21, 2019, 4:38 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 21, 2019, 4:32 pm
Fact Check: Trump’s Misleading Claims on John McCain

. . .
I heard the speech. I read the transcript. Trump's comments regarding McCain were accurate.

And I know you don't care.

Remember that March 14 date that you cared so much about -- and then didn't care? McCain's role is outlined in that thread in many places. There will be more as time passes.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 21, 2019, 4:59 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 21, 2019, 4:32 pm
Fact Check: Trump’s Misleading Claims on John McCain, Tanks and G.D.P. Growth

LINDA QIU 5 hrs ago

Once again Donny BS Trump is at it again running his mouth off
Here you go I will make it easy for you to read the article
https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newspoli ... li=AAggNb9

He is getting easier and easier to not listen to,
Trump's lying is pathological. :^o

It is hard to understand why the MSN gives him a free pass by using weasel words such as "misleading", "exaggerated", "falsely claimed", etc etc etc. :-k

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 21, 2019, 5:12 pm

20190321-154657.jpg

This should be a hoot to follow.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 21, 2019, 5:19 pm

I heard the speech. I read the transcript. Trump's comments regarding McCain were accurate.

And I know you don't care.

Remember that March 14 date that you cared so much about -- and then didn't care? McCain's role is outlined in that thread in many places. There will be more as time passes.

AND the rest of it must be true as you haven't commented on his BS so silence is affirmative
I will accept that as a YES
Thanks

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 21, 2019, 5:28 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 21, 2019, 5:19 pm
. . .

AND the rest of it must be true as you haven't commented on his BS so silence is affirmative
I will accept that as a YES
Thanks
I didn't read the rest of it. The previous disagreement was regarding McCain.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Democrats, Republicans and Elections

Post by Lone Star » March 21, 2019, 5:33 pm

Before Oc-Co Loco ran for Congress, she was a bartender. The bar where she worked shut down. They couldn't afford the $15 an hour forced wages. LIBs know that crap kills jobs, but it's a good campaign sound byte, so they keep pushing that on voters. Wherever it has happened, hours were cut, layoffs occurred and some businesses closed.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » March 21, 2019, 5:39 pm

Come now oh Great One
Businesses do not just close due to the minimum wage being increased
If you had run a business you would realize this

One day you will understand

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » March 21, 2019, 5:42 pm

Lone Star wrote:
March 21, 2019, 1:38 pm
Great man. Much admired.

Gone from Chrysler in 1992. Sixteen years before the bailout.
You mean before the TARP loan? I distinctly remember the video of him making that speech and saying those words. Maybe it was a different government loan.

And I agree with you. Great man. Wish that he had run for President back in his time. I think that he would have done an admirable job.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » March 21, 2019, 5:47 pm

Doodoo wrote:
March 21, 2019, 5:39 pm
Come now oh Great One
Businesses do not just close due to the minimum wage being increased
If you had run a business you would realize this

One day you will understand
The greatest expense of almost every business is employee compensation. If a business is forced to pay a wage that the business cannot afford, the business suffers losses. It's most commonly happening in the US with restaurants, bars, etc., where tips usually make up a large portion of the employees' wages. That stops with a mandatory $15 an hour wage in a market that can't bear it.

Return to “U.S. Politics”