ACH Funds Transfer To BKK NY

General Udon Thani topics only!
parrot
udonmap.com

Re: ACH Funds Transfer To BKK NY

Post by parrot » March 27, 2019, 2:10 pm

Pentagon Federal Credit Union ($5000 daily limit), Security Service Federal Credit Union, Vanguard all allow free online transfers through Bangkok Bank NY.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » March 27, 2019, 2:13 pm

My Credit Union does wire Transfers. They set up a recurring wire transfer number. We can go online anytime and do a wire using that number. We did have to set it up while in the US. Might be worth a check.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » March 30, 2019, 2:43 pm

I just sent a chunk of change from my Vanguard account, through BBK NY, to my account here. I did the transfer from Vanguard online, no need to phone. I didn't get my traditional SMS notifying me of the fees, so I can't be sure of the charges.......but xxx,xxxBaht (received) divided by XX,XXX dollars (sent) = 31.70 Baht to the dollar. The transaction was credited yesterday. Whatever the total fee......it was a fraction of what transferwise would have charged for the same amount.

The transfer was recorded as FTT.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » March 30, 2019, 7:25 pm

What does the transfer have to be tagged??

ACH
FTT (not sure what this is)
????

What will immigration accept?

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » March 30, 2019, 7:29 pm

----, i'm lazy.

got the FTT, are there any other transaction codes that immigration will accept?

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 5, 2019, 2:05 pm

RLTrader wrote:
January 30, 2019, 5:39 pm
parrot wrote:
January 30, 2019, 4:35 pm

As for all that 1 April static, I'm just going to wait and see how things go. I fail to believe that the world of international transfers/deposits is going to come to a screeching halt on 1 April.....but then, ...
we think alike, same here, and its No big deal if it does not work for me.
Well April has arrived and my auto deposit to Bangkok Bank Udon direct deposit Acct from US gov went OK.

Also did a transfer from a US Bank thru BBNY into another Bangkok Bank Udon account and it to went OK.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 5, 2019, 2:34 pm

I could have sworn the sky was going to fall come 1 April

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 5, 2019, 3:51 pm

It's been postponed. I believe they are waiting for IDD to be set up for Thailand.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 5, 2019, 5:53 pm

Oh, step 2 in Regime Change? Figures

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » April 5, 2019, 6:30 pm

[background=][/background]
RLTrader wrote:
April 5, 2019, 2:05 pm
RLTrader wrote:
January 30, 2019, 5:39 pm
parrot wrote:
January 30, 2019, 4:35 pm

As for all that 1 April static, I'm just going to wait and see how things go. I fail to believe that the world of international transfers/deposits is going to come to a screeching halt on 1 April.....but then, ...
we think alike, same here, and its No big deal if it does not work for me.
Well April has arrived and my auto deposit to Bangkok Bank Udon direct deposit Acct from US gov went OK.

Also did a transfer from a US Bank thru BBNY into another Bangkok Bank Udon account and it to went OK.
You may well have supplied enough information for it to be in the ACH (IAT) format

It doesn't seem to be specially onerous
1.The name and physical address in Thailand;
2.The bank account number and the name and address of the Bangkok Bank branch in Thailand; and
3.The 9-digit routing number of Bangkok Bank New York branch, which acts as the intermediary in the transaction, which is 026008691
I would guess for domestic ACH transfers some of that information is not included
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 7, 2019, 1:51 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
April 5, 2019, 6:30 pm
You may well have supplied enough information for it to be in the ACH (IAT) format

It doesn't seem to be specially onerous
1.The name and physical address in Thailand;
2.The bank account number and the name and address of the Bangkok Bank branch in Thailand; and
3.The 9-digit routing number of Bangkok Bank New York branch, which acts as the intermediary in the transaction, which is 026008691
It was a very long time ago that I set up the transfer between a US Bank > NYBB > UdonBB so it is hard to remember much, but do not remember giving any physical address in Thailand, do remember supplying the routing #'s
and do remember doing a test of sending something like (.02)? cents to see if it would work.
All done from here over the net. Before this last year or 2 didn't use it much, was easier just to use ATM card. Do remember because of a change in web site, the transfer option went away, then it came back. Why who knows. and of course have no idea just like BB Udon what format is used. :D
Like everything when it stops working then I will look into Why. Still looks like an April Fools Joke to me.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 7, 2019, 2:51 pm

In order to comply with the NACHA’s rule, our New York Branch should process the ACH transactions to the recipient in Thailand only if it comes in an IAT format with effective from April 1, 2019. However, we understand that our Bank’s customers are still trying to contact the remitter to change their format or finding an alternative to receive the funds, we, therefore, will not return the non-IAT transaction yet as planned but will continue process such transactions to give more time to the customer to notify the remitter or change the method of payment.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 7, 2019, 3:06 pm

So, you work for Bangkok Bank? or US/UK Embassy's?

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » April 9, 2019, 1:34 pm

Why even screw with ACH anymore with all of the hoops they want you to jump through? Use wire transfer. I use Chase Bank wire transfer. Be sure and transfer in US dollars and convert locally. It took one day and I got an exchange rate - divide US Dollars sent by Baht received - of 31.75. Bangkok bank may have charged, I don't know. If so, according to them the max charge is 400 baht depending on how much you transfer.
In my case since I have a Chase Private Client there was no charge at that end. Even if charged it is not that much. Chase does allow you to set up recurring transfers. I am sure other banks and/or credit unions may offer similar services.

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » April 9, 2019, 1:36 pm

Oops! Other way around :-) Divide Baht received by dollars sent.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 24, 2019, 1:49 pm

Per BBL the April 1 deadline has been extended to June 30.

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » April 25, 2019, 11:45 am

mak wrote:
April 24, 2019, 1:49 pm
Per BBL the April 1 deadline has been extended to June 30.
May I ask for your source, I checked with BKK NY no response from them as of today. I ask because I would like to setup 2 more ACH transfers before June 30. I canceled my previous ACH transfers as of April 01.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 25, 2019, 12:12 pm

BBL sent this letter to all customers using BBL NY for ACH transfers to Thailand.
Attachments
BBL.png

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 25, 2019, 1:13 pm

Also received letter today. Still have the slightest idea what it means. Talks about US Banks. Will wait for July and see if anything happens/changes.

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » April 25, 2019, 2:51 pm

mak wrote:
April 25, 2019, 12:12 pm
BBL sent this letter to all customers using BBL NY for ACH transfers to Thailand.
Thank you for the information. I need to update my address with BKK because I have not received the letter. It appears they will try to extend the deadline until June 30th so I will give it a try with 2 more ACH money transfers. I sent them an email regarding the remittance route I received a form and instructions but for me, the information requested was more than I wanted to provide. My bank will not send money transfers in the IAT format.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”