Marriage Extension New Rule

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Marriage Extension New Rule

Post by sometimewoodworker » March 28, 2019, 7:37 am

Stantheman wrote:
March 28, 2019, 4:24 am
For those who were married to Thai spouse in their home country before moving to thailand, I assume you must register the marriage at the local Amphor then get the Kor ror 2 if planning on getting an extension based on marriage.
Yes it must be registered. No you don't get a Kor Ror 2 it is a Kor Ror 22

The steps before registration are
1 legalise you marrage documents with your home country
2 legalise those with the Thai embassy in your home country
3 get them translated and certified by the MFA

Best take a look at here-is-exactly-what-s-needed-for-retir ... %20embassy
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 5, 2019, 1:34 pm

its a kor ror 2 if married inside thailand and kor ror 22 if married outside thailand and woodworker you are correct you always need it but then you are wrong as i used the same one for 5 years this is the first year i have had to get an updated one so it is not the same . I went for my last 90 day reporting 6 weeks before and asked any changes this year and was told no so it is immigrations fault as if they had this new rule they should have told me

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » April 6, 2019, 8:01 am

This change in rule, renew Kor Ror 2/22 every year, was sprung on Udon immigration early March. A directive from BKK. Udon had to contact over 100 persons applying for marriage extensions. I think the same female IO had that task. She did tell me she was met with some angry responses to her calls..
Personally I was 4 days away from final passport stamp when she called.
Like yourself Dragonz I'd been using the same original document for previous applications.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 15, 2019, 10:19 am

Update , went to immigration for ext mar 5 as i said had to get a new kor ror 22 . Under consideration until 29 april . Last thursday (11 april) got a phone call from immigration to bring an updated bank book and a new kor ror 22 in that day . Told them cannot do as not in udon and was then told bring it in on the 17 april . Have no idea why i need another kor ror 225 weeks later ?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 17, 2019, 3:52 pm

dragonz wrote:
April 15, 2019, 10:19 am
Update , went to immigration for ext mar 5 as i said had to get a new kor ror 22 . Under consideration until 29 april . Last thursday (11 april) got a phone call from immigration to bring an updated bank book and a new kor ror 22 in that day . Told them cannot do as not in udon and was then told bring it in on the 17 april . Have no idea why i need another kor ror 225 weeks later ?
Maybe they did a drive-by of your flop while you were away, saw all those women sleeping around and reckoned you had a fleet of 'em like Eddie does.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 18, 2019, 4:58 pm

tamada wrote:
April 17, 2019, 3:52 pm
dragonz wrote:
April 15, 2019, 10:19 am
Maybe they did a drive-by of your flop while you were away, saw all those women sleeping around and reckoned you had a fleet of 'em like Eddie does.
i wish , no not really , all look like boys except for my wife daughter. Got the kor ror 22 could not explain why they wanted another . made a cockup with the bankbook update as it only showed the last transaction which was the 8th so had to go back , put a 100 baht in and update again . Stupidly i thought that when i updated the bank book it would show the last transaction and the current balance that day . silly me for being logical

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 25, 2019, 11:45 am

another update on my marraige extension , a little bit interesting . I Went for my extension stamp and was told it was not ready . Applied 5 march not ready 25 april ?
Was told by immigration dont worry i will not overstay they will ring me when it is ready just do not try to leave thailand . She explained so many changing from retirement to marraige extension as they cannot or will not use the new stupid rules they are struggling to keep up . Said was not their fault but the crazy men in bangkok :)
So my under consideration stamp runs out on saturday and will have nothing then ?!!!Wonder what would happen if checked by the police ?

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”