yank in trouble over off shore home

Thailand news, views and comments
yartims
udonmap.com

yank in trouble over off shore home

Post by yartims » April 18, 2019, 10:11 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-47974234

A US man and his partner could face the death penalty after they were accused of building a "sea home" off Thailand.

Chad Elwartowski has gone into hiding with his girlfriend, Supranee Thepdet, after the navy said they had threatened the country's sovereignty.

Their home, which sits atop a 20m (65ft) platform, is located around 12 miles (19km) off the coast of Phuket.

But Mr Elwartowski insists it is 13 miles from the shore and therefore outside of Thailand's jurisdiction.

"The navy and its team... found a concrete tank floating on the sea but there was no-one on it," police colonel Nikorn Somsuk told AFP news agency.

He added that the navy would meet local officials "to consider what to do next". The navy said the couple had failed to seek permission from Thailand before constructing the home.

If the couple are found guilty of violating Thailand's sovereignty they could face life in prison and even the death penalty.

the only good Tory is a lavatory

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: yank in trouble over off shore home

Post by stattointhailand » April 18, 2019, 10:55 pm

You were right mum ........ there are far more loonies outside than there are inside the loony bins.

"the only good Tory is a lavatory"

or those that are already HisTory and cant do any more damage

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » April 19, 2019, 1:32 am

yartims wrote:
April 18, 2019, 10:11 pm

they were accused of building a "sea home" off Thailand.
A statement published on the Ocean Builders website says the couple did not build the home themselves and were in fact just tenants.

Clearly a grave threat to Thailand's sovereignty. :|
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 23, 2019, 12:13 pm

The Clown is lucky that he did this off the cost of Thailand and not of the cost of China or in the South China Seas, or near Crimea or even of the cost of Vietnam

Vietnam excluded, the had he tried this in the proimity of China or Russia, they would probably have sent a Frigate over his way, fired one missile (by accident [-( [-( ) and then called it a day.

My suggestion to him is to move it to the Gulf of Aden, about 12.5 miles off shore from Mogadishu \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » April 23, 2019, 8:11 pm

What I don't get is , What is the difference . I mean it's just another place to live out on the sea just like many ships and boats. I guess it was just anchored so it's moveable. so apart from shape it's just another vessel . So if someone was to park their boat and drop anchor they too could face the death penalty, there must be hundreds of boats around Phuket. If it was in international waters it could be seen as piracy too. All sounds bizarre to me, some crackpot visiting a fiberglass box out on the sea, and even more crackpots dreaming up strange reasons to arrest people. think about it , there must be hundreds of people living off boats around thailand

perhaps they will be rounding up this lot next as they're a threat :lol:
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » April 24, 2019, 12:22 am

a truly nutty story among the annals of thai nutty stories over the years..how did he sink the shaft without help from marine contractors ??
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Return to “Thailand News”