attenborough says we're all doomed

World news discussion forum
yartims
udonmap.com

attenborough says we're all doomed

Post by yartims » April 20, 2019, 4:30 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... tenborough

only ten years to turn the tide ..so i am not hopeful it can be done ..we're all done for :mrgreen:

the only good Tory is a lavatory

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: attenborough says we're all doomed

Post by Giggle » April 20, 2019, 5:03 pm

Attenborough is a fraud and a toad. The world will be better when he shuffles off this mortal coil.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » April 20, 2019, 10:41 pm

The climate on earth is always changing, with or without us. Always has, always will. How much we affect it is debatable.

Bonanza
udonmap.com

Post by Bonanza » April 21, 2019, 6:57 am

The dinosaurs disappeared and now it's our turn :shock: Learn to live with it :D

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » April 21, 2019, 9:09 am

Bonanza wrote:
April 21, 2019, 6:57 am
The dinosaurs disappeared and now it's our turn :shock: Learn to live with it :D
. That is right, probably the dinosaurs were driving too many cars.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » April 21, 2019, 10:07 am

What a load of codswallop!!!!!!!!

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 21, 2019, 10:56 am

Personally, I would be more concerned about, CL2, 2017 XO2, 2018 AE2, 2018 LF16, 3200 Phaethon, Ceres or one (an Asteroid) that hasn't been tracked yet, not soon, but maybe a few hundred to thousand years down the track. So, I will just stay up that night, waiting for it. [-o< [-o<

“Attenborough and Climate Change”, both are a load of crap. =; \:D/ \:D/

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » April 21, 2019, 11:47 am

yartims wrote:
April 20, 2019, 4:30 pm
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... tenborough

only ten years to turn the tide ..so i am not hopeful it can be done ..we're all done for :mrgreen:
Not sure who did the BBC series back around 1970 could have been him, "History of Earth" or something like that, was a 13 part series and on the last part he did a conclusion which I watch on VT public TV. Said the same as I had been thinking, so I wanted to tape it and save. Next time it came on the part I wanted was no longer there. Tried NH, and MA, same thing, was to scary for us to see in US, so it was cut.
Today's high 42ºC by my app from Udon airport Climate Change, bah humbug. :lol:

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » April 21, 2019, 11:52 am

Population growth is the real problem, l see culling around the corner, hope you've all had your flu jab this year and you've been taking your Statins.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 21, 2019, 12:00 pm

I am just thankful how fortunate we are here on Udon Map.

To have all our resident climate experts able to so definitely debunk the 97% (or so) ignorant members of the scientific community, who understand and demonstrate that climate change is a real thing. :-k

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » April 21, 2019, 12:11 pm

C3PO said it too, "we're doomed".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lepQL1D9gU

Wide Awake
udonmap.com

Post by Wide Awake » April 21, 2019, 12:25 pm

jackspratt , 99.99 are on Udonmap.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » April 21, 2019, 12:25 pm

mak wrote:
April 21, 2019, 12:11 pm
C3PO said it too, "we're doomed".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lepQL1D9gU
"We're Doomed" was also a favourite punch line used by Frazer from "Dad's Army" along with "Rubbish"
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 21, 2019, 12:56 pm

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
April 21, 2019, 11:52 am
Population growth is the real problem, l see culling around the corner, hope you've all had your flu jab this year and you've been taking your Statins.
Tend to agree and for those who want to advocate that "Climate Change due to environmental impact is the biggest risk that we as humans face", just watch the movie World Z. Yes it may only be a movie, but in reality the World has faced in the past and will continue to face the risk of Disease/Epidemics/Pandemics, for which we one day may not have an effective cure at that time - arguably and quite possibly driven by uncontrolled population growth, in countries with little or no medical infrastructure. [-X [-X

For those caught up in worrying about the word temperatures, melting polar ice caps and where the Polar bears can lay, keep in mind that the Word Population is currently 7.7 Billion and it is forecast to rise to around 9.8 billion in Year 2050 and 11.2 Billion by 2100 (end of Century). Only 70 years back the World population was 2.5 Billion and 100 years ago it was only 1.8 Billion. :-k :-k

With this every ballooning world population, will come a lack of available fresh drinking water for many (particularly for those in the third world areas) and much higher risk of disease and possibly an Epidemic. The human body needs fresh drinking water almost daily, if not every couple of days. Try going without fresh drinking water for one week and see how you are, then. :confused: :confused:

Having a sustainable population growth will also reduce the impact on the environment. If you think that those in the third/developing world countries, spend all their time caring about climate change and or practicing recycling and waste management, then think again. Just a few sample pictures below - attributed to Population Growth, not Cars. No I am not just having a crack at the Third World nations, some of the more affluent Countries in the west are just as bad in the waste management practices.

The point to all this is, that the World has an uncontrollable population growth forecast to some extent, which produces an ever increasing waste management problem and also increases the risk of a lack of fresh drinking water (for many), which when combined produce the right environment for an unknown/unforeseen before disease and or epidemic. :-# :-#

Just my two cents worth, as to what I see are the real risks to the future of the World

Outskirts of Mumbai.jpg
Outskirts of Mumbai
Maldives Maafushi Island.jpg
Maldives Maafushi Island
Manila Phiippines.jpg
Manila Phiippines
pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » April 21, 2019, 10:04 pm

I work for a large Insurance company and he has just applied for a 20 year life policy 🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐

vidmaster
udonmap.com

Post by vidmaster » April 21, 2019, 10:07 pm

Those rubbish tips provide regular employment for many people so don’t knock it

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » April 22, 2019, 4:07 am

jackspratt wrote:
April 21, 2019, 12:00 pm
I am just thankful how fortunate we are here on Udon Map.

To have all our resident climate experts able to so definitely debunk the 97% (or so) ignorant members of the scientific community, who understand and demonstrate that climate change is a real thing. :-k
=D> =D> =D> =D>

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » April 22, 2019, 4:17 pm

I had the pleasure of watching Earth from Space and episode 3 of Our Planet last night. There is no doubt that the massive increase in human numbers is having a devastating impact on the available habitat of other species that share Planet Earth/ The Blue Planet, whatever you want to call it. I also acknowledge that the poorer humans who are basically trying to feed their families have a right to exploit the resources in their area. Just not too sure that Climate Change is being caused wholly by humans. Earth as we know it has been an ever changing planet subject to all kinds of major changes over the 4 billion years its been existing. To assumed us wee spec's in history can have a major effect on this planet (apart from overpopulation) is sadly a wee bit far fetched.

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » April 22, 2019, 9:20 pm

attenborough is a mouthpeice for all the data coming in from many sources from scientists around the world ..and all the graphs are bad news .not created by him in fact
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Return to “World News”