stickman says ....

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
yartims
udonmap.com

stickman says ....

Post by yartims » May 6, 2019, 2:04 pm

What’s going to happen to the number of Westerners retiring in Thailand in the future? It seems that Thailand just does not have the same lure and people don’t visit again and again like they used to – or at least not in the same numbers. Many foreigners who have already retired to Thailand were once frequent visitors. Will fewer frequent visitors now mean fewer Western retirees in Thailand in the future?

the only good Tory is a lavatory

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: stickman says ....

Post by GT93 » May 6, 2019, 2:09 pm

Yes, I saw that too in my weekly Stickman read. It's an interesting question from the guru of Nana Plaza.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » May 6, 2019, 2:12 pm

maybe russia indian and chinese expats in the future ..not so many whiteys

how does his alleged wife tolerate him hanging around these bars ?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 6, 2019, 2:56 pm

yartims wrote:
May 6, 2019, 2:12 pm
maybe russia indian and chinese expats in the future ..not so many whiteys

how does his alleged wife tolerate him hanging around these bars ?
Perhaps his wife's dad follows him around. If I was photographing heaps of half-naked bar girls, I'd have a team of in-laws hanging around to ensure I wasn't enjoying myself too much. :lol:

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » May 6, 2019, 4:46 pm

Depends on many factors.

I thought Stickman left and went home ?

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 7, 2019, 8:58 am

SJP17 wrote:
May 6, 2019, 4:46 pm
Depends on many factors.

He did, far from a guru in my eyes. Repetitive opinionated crap.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 7, 2019, 3:54 pm

fatbob wrote:
May 7, 2019, 8:58 am
SJP17 wrote:
Depends on many factors.

He did, far from a guru in my eyes. Repetitive opinionated crap.
I agree. Yet to some on here he appears to be the benchmark for a successful farang in Thailand. 🙄

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » May 7, 2019, 6:38 pm

whereas your a benchmark for a sour loser with a chip on his shoulder :mrgreen:

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » May 7, 2019, 6:45 pm

SJP17 wrote:
Depends on many factors.

he did but he is chained to his site as nobody wants to buy it so has to keep on blogging :razz:
he tried to unload it some time back but it fell thru

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 7, 2019, 7:07 pm

yartims wrote:
May 7, 2019, 6:38 pm
whereas your a benchmark for a sour loser with a chip on his shoulder :mrgreen:
No, no, Izzix, you've got that all wrong. The description does not fit Khun Spratt. In fact, it works on someone closer to home in North Putney.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » May 7, 2019, 8:09 pm

and your another like mr sprat a sore loser with a mighty chip on shoulder..

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » May 7, 2019, 9:32 pm

yartims wrote:
May 6, 2019, 2:04 pm
What’s going to happen to the number of Westerners retiring in Thailand in the future?
They will keep coming and staying.Bangkok is full of Falang and always will be.A recent outing around Udon over the weekend revealed lots of Whiteys walking around looking like experienced campaigners (handling the heat and the Thainess with ease)
Same as it ever was.Same as it will ever be.
Voiceover for hire.

Natas

Post by Natas » May 8, 2019, 3:23 am

Raoul Duke wrote:
May 7, 2019, 9:32 pm
yartims wrote:
What’s going to happen to the number of Westerners retiring in Thailand in the future?
They will keep coming and staying.Bangkok is full of Falang and always will be.A recent outing around Udon over the weekend revealed lots of Whiteys walking around looking like experienced campaigners (handling the heat and the Thainess with ease)
To bad your statement above is not correct. It is entirely the opposite. The Baby Boomers are dying off and getting sick.. Udon is not as busy as it was.
There is no influx of younger people or retires moving here...

As for Stickman. How many bar stool warriors here in Thailand did not listen to his warnings.

karonsteve
udonmap.com

Post by karonsteve » May 8, 2019, 8:30 am

yartims wrote:
May 7, 2019, 6:45 pm
SJP17 wrote:
Depends on many factors.

he did but he is chained to his site as nobody wants to buy it so has to keep on blogging :razz:
he tried to unload it some time back but it fell thru
Not true. He has sold it.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 8, 2019, 2:31 pm

I understood Stickman sold the website and related intellectual property rights a couple of years ago and returned to New Zealand to live. The purchaser was paying Stickman to keep writing the Stickman Weekly.

The purchaser wasn't successful and was apparently losing money. He couldn't afford to pay Stickman who decided to cease writing the column. It seems the purchaser might have sold the website back to Stickman and the Nana Plaza guru now seems to be regularly visiting Thailand.

Stickman and Yartims raise an interesting question. Thailand isn't as cheap as it used to be. Many baby boomers arrived when Thailand was fairly inexpensive. I think fewer younger farang will be settling down in Thailand. They just won't have enough savings to risk it.

I suppose those farang fleeing mucked up lives in farangland might keep coming to Thailand as those chaps typically don't carefully plan their lives.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » May 8, 2019, 2:38 pm

GT93 wrote:
May 8, 2019, 2:31 pm
I understood Stickman sold the website and related intellectual property rights a couple of years ago and returned to New Zealand to live. The purchaser was paying Stickman to keep writing the Stickman Weekly.

The purchaser wasn't successful and was apparently losing money. He couldn't afford to pay Stickman who decided to cease writing the column. It seems the purchaser might have sold the website back to Stickman and the Nana Plaza guru now seems to be regularly visiting Thailand.

Stickman and Yartims raise an interesting question. Thailand isn't as cheap as it used to be. Many baby boomers arrived when Thailand was fairly inexpensive. I think fewer younger farang will be settling down in Thailand. They just won't have enough savings to risk it.

I suppose those farang fleeing mucked up lives in farangland might keep coming to Thailand as those chaps typically don't carefully plan their lives.
Its all about planning early for your retirement and making the financial commitment to pay extra into a pension pot.

Id say the ones that have had problems are less likely to be able to live there if they tighten up the rules more.

AVC's \:D/

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » May 8, 2019, 6:08 pm

Natas wrote:
May 8, 2019, 3:23 am
Raoul Duke wrote:
yartims wrote:
To bad your statement above is not correct. It is entirely the opposite. The Baby Boomers are dying off and getting sick.. Udon is not as busy as it was.

As for Stickman. How many bar stool warriors here in Thailand did not listen to his warnings.
What were this so called Stickman guru's warnings?
Stickman guru from Nuezulund....the mind boggles :roll: I have Images of a thin Moari man sitting around giving the friendly locals the winning lucky numbers.
Voiceover for hire.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 8, 2019, 6:16 pm

SJP17 wrote:
May 8, 2019, 2:38 pm
Id say the ones that have had problems are less likely to be able to live there...
You mean people like GT?
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

Natas

Post by Natas » May 8, 2019, 6:22 pm

Raoul Duke wrote:
May 8, 2019, 6:08 pm
Natas wrote:
May 8, 2019, 3:23 am
Raoul Duke wrote:
yartims wrote:

What were this so called Stickman guru's warnings?
Stickman guru from Nuezulund....the mind boggles :roll: I have Images of a thin Moari man sitting around giving the friendly locals the winning lucky numbers.
If you could not read between the lines in his various articles, letters, etc.. Well guess you do not get it.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 13, 2019, 2:36 am

Stickman commented this week about the farang flying club going quiet:

"Of course, suicide is hardly uncommon amongst expats in Thailand and reports of farangs jumping from the balcony of their Pattaya apartment were common. Were, as in used to be. Seldom would a month go by without at least a couple of expats reported to have jumped. It happened so often that we almost became desensitised to it. But how often do you hear reports of expats jumping these days? Not nearly as often ... Or could it be that the Thai news media has adopted the practice of much of the West in not reporting the details of suicides?"

Return to “Relationships”