Deep water drilling - Udon- Bandung-Lau Luang

General Udon Thani topics only!
bbthefe

Deep water drilling - Udon- Bandung-Lau Luang

Post by bbthefe » April 22, 2019, 6:19 am

Trying to find a professional !! knowlegable !! honest !! company or individual that can drill and setup a water system for house and land in Lau Luang - Bandung.
All info appreciated.

maaka
udonmap.com

Re: Deep water drilling - Udon- Bandung-Lau Luang

Post by maaka » April 22, 2019, 7:10 am

might get the same bloke you find over my way when your finished..

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » April 22, 2019, 10:32 am

best you can do is have a look around near you who has a well recently (or not ) drilled ...
these things are area bounded and it will not be easy to find someone remote to do the job , as for prices in your area i would guess it would be around 6.000 baht to drill a well 40meters deep/4inch pipe ....beware when ordering a pump with the same guy's ,sometimes the price of the pump is exaggerated ...a hitachi DT-P300GX(PJ) 300W deep well pump should cost between 6.500-7.500 baht ... as info... ;)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » April 22, 2019, 2:41 pm

A scan of Udon-area well-diggers show prices starting at 15,000. Our gardener said he's had two drilled in the past 2 years and paid 20,000+. He told me there are all sorts of contracts......no water, you pay; no water you don't pay; bad water, you pay; drill but can't drill through rock vs those who can; price including good quality pump and price that doesn't.
21 years ago our driller came from SukonNakhon.......big diesel rig towed behind. Our agreed on price was 18,000 that included a good quality Italian pump. He drilled through the sheet rock a few meters down and hit the jackpot. 30 minutes of drilling time.....he was a happy camper. We were, too. The well has never gone dry.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » April 22, 2019, 2:50 pm

Drilled my well 10 yrs ago , 7,000 baht . no water no pay , bought the hiatachi pump kopkei mentioned for 7,900 baht . used a lot for 10 years , just replaced for the same pump , same price but quality was a bit lower , ie some metal parts replaced with plastic but still and excellent cheap pump . 8000 baht for 10 years 800 baht or 20 pound /30$ a year . brill , cant complain

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » April 22, 2019, 4:57 pm

18 years ago we did drill 2 wells on our property 40m deep / 4" pipe @ 6.000 baht/well...(baan noak)
2 year later , next door 2 wells @ 6.000/well , 1 year later 1 well at land nearby @6.000 baht/well ...
if you are located baan noak the prices are still the same , 3.000 baht/2" pipe (rarely done) , 4.000 baht 3" pipe and 6.000 for 4" pipe ,depth depending how deep the water is , max 40m , rocks or no rocks, no ploblem ....
now after moving to Udon (2013),Muang they call it full mouth :roll: , we had to pay also 15.000 to drill , could only go to 20m ,otherwise salt water ? , result ,only water in rain season ... :( (he did have the no water no pay rule )
so Muang expensive and not good ...i did have the same Muang expensive problem with the aluminum windows of our house build , in this case we could order them baan noak a lot cheaper ...but with the well drilling or fe dirt fills it not possible due to territory rules ...as info.. ;)

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 22, 2019, 6:17 pm

Recent experience 15 - 20,000 bt depending on well depth. 44m 4" pipe was 18k .. paid 8k for a good pump .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » April 22, 2019, 10:47 pm

I would look for a local driller who knows the area. Years ago I had a cowboy drill a well. The water was certainly not even usable. The driller said that I had water so he did his job. It was cheap but a total waste of money. The one I had drilled here in Loei was the highest priced quote. the guy had drilled many wells in the area. He inspected my land and decided with some sort of witchcraft (divining) that where I wanted it drilled was not suitable. He guaranteed good drinkable water or no charge. He hit strong water at about 28 meters but after testing the water he said the water was too hard and ended up at 50 meters deep. It cost me 35,000 baht for the 6 inch casing. That was his price before he started drilling so no extra charge for going deeper. It is a good well.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 23, 2019, 8:19 am

This is our well Dec 2017. As stated find someone local who knows the lay of the land. We had very good, drinkable (potable) water after just 2 hours cleaning. The well penetrates layer of coffee rock at about 15 metres which acts as a filter keeping the salinity noticeable but very low.

Well depth = 28 Metres - cost 4000 Baht which included the 4 inch bore casing.
1.5 HP 316SS submersible pump bought in Ban Dung - 6800 Baht.
Well head fitting and everything else needed to complete the installation - 2500 Baht

Total all up cost = 13300 Baht

The drillers live in our Village and I'm pretty sure they will not travel far (not exactly road worthy hardware) but if you send me a PM with phone number I'll get the guy to give your missus a call. No English!

Edit:- The system is not allowing me to attach photos (1 MB *.jpg format)???????
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » April 23, 2019, 11:40 am

Hi Bandung Dero

I use "Image Resizer for Windows 10", which someone dowlanded for free onto my Desktop Computer

Allows you to reduce 6 MB Pictures to anywhere between 200KB to 800KB (you choose it as Small, Medium or Large) in 10 seconds

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

bbthefe

Post by bbthefe » May 9, 2019, 5:30 am

Bandung_Dero wrote:This is our well Dec 2017. As stated find someone local who knows the lay of the land. We had very good, drinkable (potable) water after just 2 hours cleaning. The well penetrates layer of coffee rock at about 15 metres which acts as a filter keeping the salinity noticeable but very low.

Well depth = 28 Metres - cost 4000 Baht which included the 4 inch bore casing.
1.5 HP 316SS submersible pump bought in Ban Dung - 6800 Baht.
Well head fitting and everything else needed to complete the installation - 2500 Baht

Total all up cost = 13300 Baht

The drillers live in our Village and I'm pretty sure they will not travel far (not exactly road worthy hardware) but if you send me a PM with phone number I'll get the guy to give your missus a call. No English!

Edit:- The system is not allowing me to attach photos (1 MB *.jpg format)???????
Thanks for all the reply’s.
We’ll be up in Udon early July and try to get this sorted. I’ll stay on this thread and keep checking and updating any info I get.
Thank you Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » May 9, 2019, 11:49 am

been given a price of 15,000 for the drilling, and a further 50,000 for the tower pump and tanks..might just drill and cap for the mo, if we have any on our land..guys busy as usual, must wait

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 9, 2019, 4:09 pm

Local bloke at Phen did ours for 6,900 baht, 54 metres, drilling and 4 metres of 4" PVC casing, I did the rest.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 10, 2019, 8:53 am

all depending how deep the ground water is located , you must put enough pvc casing pipe down , fe if the groundwater is at 10 m during the rain season , put at least 5 pipes down (20m) , as earth moves some wells collapse and close and you will have a sandbank ...no water ..., or your suction pipe or pump stuck ,also water level will go down in dry season ,suction pipe or submersible deep well pump should always be in the casing pipe ....,as info .. ;)

bluejets
udonmap.com

Post by bluejets » May 10, 2019, 9:10 am

Had some mob come and put a bore down in Chumphae area, not sure exactly who or what cost but could find out from the missus.

What I do know is the first section was around 10 metres and the bloke said " no, mia dee", and one could see a smell it.
Dropped to 60 metres, clean as a whistle.
Also provided a test result from a sealed sample a week or so later.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 10, 2019, 2:21 pm

kopkei wrote:
May 10, 2019, 8:53 am
all depending how deep the ground water is located , you must put enough pvc casing pipe down , fe if the groundwater is at 10 m during the rain season , put at least 5 pipes down (20m) , as earth moves some wells collapse and close and you will have a sandbank ...no water ..., or your suction pipe or pump stuck ,also water level will go down in dry season ,suction pipe or submersible deep well pump should always be in the casing pipe ....,as info .. ;)
You will never get 20 met of casing down a bore, impossible.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » May 10, 2019, 2:30 pm

all depending of the underground , in our first home we have 5 pipes in the ground as the suction pipe is at 16M ..
they pushed them down using the drill press.... ;)

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » May 10, 2019, 3:29 pm

fatbob wrote:
May 10, 2019, 2:21 pm
kopkei wrote:
May 10, 2019, 8:53 am
You will never get 20 met of casing down a bore, impossible.
Where the hell did you get that BS from?

My casing (4 lengths x 4 metres) went down through the coffee rock at 15 meters with no problem, almost fell in - as was the design of the well! Need the casing to stop saline water contamination. A 3 inch drill bit used for the remaining 3 stems after the casing has been installed.

Oil drillers push casing down for kilometers!

EDIT: A submersible pump does not necessarily need casing enclosure all the way down. Really depends on the geological make up of the land. ONCE again one relies on the expertise/familiarity of the drillers.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

bbthefe

Post by bbthefe » May 10, 2019, 4:13 pm

bluejets wrote:
May 10, 2019, 9:10 am
Had some mob come and put a bore down in Chumphae area, not sure exactly who or what cost but could find out from the missus.

What I do know is the first section was around 10 metres and the bloke said " no, mia dee", and one could see a smell it.
Dropped to 60 metres, clean as a whistle.
Also provided a test result from a sealed sample a week or so later.
Contact details would be great please !

We have had the local temple in Lau Luang Village done with big tanks and good water which was around 100,000bht !!! I can assure you we don’t want what they have !!! 😝

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”