Immigration Office

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
maaka
udonmap.com

Re: Immigration Office

Post by maaka » May 16, 2019, 7:07 am

I think it is nice to know ' other services ' are available..good on her to offer assistance..You dont have to accept / except.
Perhaps the man with the 29yrs here, and no visa, wanting to exit homeside without getting caught, could have done with the lady's assistance..Look These things have been going on since Buddha was a boy. things slipped under the counter, midnight boat rides, etc etc...I have used such services in the past. I paid for heads to be turned, and I got what I wanted..everyone was happy nei..

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » May 16, 2019, 9:52 am

maaka wrote:
May 16, 2019, 7:07 am
I think it is nice to know ' other services ' are available..good on her to offer assistance..You dont have to accept / except.
Perhaps the man with the 29yrs here, and no visa, wanting to exit homeside without getting caught, could have done with the lady's assistance..Look These things have been going on since Buddha was a boy. things slipped under the counter, midnight boat rides, etc etc...I have used such services in the past. I paid for heads to be turned, and I got what I wanted..everyone was happy nei..
Rather a selfish point of view that, I'm alright Jack aye? Whilst I admit the petty thievery of keeping your 100bht change has gone on for years this has taken extortion to a whole new level, whilst I wouldn't object paying 25k every year , if that was the visa fee, it would be worth it, to me anyway, what gets up my nose is the way this scam works I feel it imply's that I am stupid by falling for it. Well I am not, its obvious to any one with half a brain what's going on, the hunting for the slightest reason to reject your application thereby forcing you into the hands of the fixers, they hope, so they can line their filthy criminal pockets .Some further info on the fixer has come to light, she apparently operates from Bangkok and gets her customers from there, then flies up to Udon with the passports to do the rest of the dirty work. When asked to bring her price down to 20k she replied, that will leave me nothing, so you can gather from that how much she pays her mates to do the rest of the work .Maybe Bangkok Imm might be interested in her activities, if not for the illegal aspect possibly for taking bread from their mouth .
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 16, 2019, 12:13 pm

800,000bht tied up in a Thai Bank which could go bust over night or 25,000bht under the counter, It's a no brainer.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » May 16, 2019, 12:50 pm

The local visa office is slightly cheaper. When you're out of options it's time to bite the bullet. Look on the bright side, it's nice to have this as an option.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » May 16, 2019, 2:36 pm

Old Grumpy wrote:
May 16, 2019, 9:52 am
maaka wrote:
Rather a selfish point of view that, I'm alright Jack aye? Whilst I admit the petty thievery of keeping your 100bht change has gone on for years this has taken extortion to a whole new level, whilst I wouldn't object paying 25k every year , if that was the visa fee, it would be worth it, to me anyway, what gets up my nose is the way this scam works I feel it imply's that I am stupid by falling for it. Well I am not, its obvious to any one with half a brain what's going on, the hunting for the slightest reason to reject your application thereby forcing you into the hands of the fixers, they hope, so they can line their filthy criminal pockets .Some further info on the fixer has come to light, she apparently operates from Bangkok and gets her customers from there, then flies up to Udon with the passports to do the rest of the dirty work. When asked to bring her price down to 20k she replied, that will leave me nothing, so you can gather from that how much she pays her mates to do the rest of the work .Maybe Bangkok Imm might be interested in her activities, if not for the illegal aspect possibly for taking bread from their mouth .
So , let me get this right . This fixer tart gets her punters from BKK ,flys to Udon to get thier visas rubber stamped .
Whilst genuine retirees in Udon , most supporting families , have to do handstands and cartwheels to try and stay legal .
I also heard this fixer has some very influential friends , very influential , yet she comes to Udon to do her dirty work .
The expression do not ---- in your own back yard comes to mind .

Natas

Post by Natas » May 16, 2019, 6:00 pm

saint wrote:
May 16, 2019, 2:36 pm
Old Grumpy wrote:
maaka wrote:
So , let me get this right . This fixer tart gets her punters from BKK ,flys to Udon to get thier visas rubber stamped .
Whilst genuine retirees in Udon , most supporting families , have to do handstands and cartwheels to try and stay legal .
I also heard this fixer has some very influential friends , very influential , yet she comes to Udon to do her dirty work .
The expression do not **** in your own back yard comes to mind .
What a funny Thread... Made me laugh reading this.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 17, 2019, 12:34 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
maaka wrote:
How many times does one have to feel pressured about the arbitrary 100 baht 'tip' before adopting the rather radical concept of always presenting the exact amount of money for the service being rendered?

Getting upset over what one feels is being 'implied' suggests to me that one is placing far too much truck in the Asian concept of 'face'. IMHO, non-asians don't do 'face'... or rather they don't do it at all well. Unless they've been here too long of course.

Despite the recent income letter kerfuffle and the brand new mandatory insurance 'law', the provenance required to extend both sorts of long-term permission to stay are pretty much cut and dried with each Immigration Offfice's unique peccadilloes and quirks already well discussed, regularly reviewed and pretty much defined. Visiting the office a week or 10 days ahead to check on any changes hasn't reportedly failed anyone yet. That's my half-a-brain opinion after personally enduring a dozen-and-a-half successful, serial extensions at two different offices.

As for trying to get this obviously 'illegal' operation shut down, what if one of the benefactors of her 'scam' is an old gent, nice bloke, quiet, lived here for years, frozen pension, no other sustainable income, no home to go back to, bereft of any sort of financial safety net and barely self-insured. Nonetheless happily married, slipping into his dotage while his progeny finish up at Rajabhat.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 17, 2019, 2:43 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 16, 2019, 12:13 pm
800,000bht tied up in a Thai Bank which could go bust over night or 25,000bht under the counter, It's a no brainer.
I reckon that most foreigners have their accounts with Bangkok, Siam Commercial, Kasikorn and Krung Thai with some in Krungsri and TMB. Since the BoT cleanup after the 1997 financial crash, I don't see any of those going tits-up while you sleep.

Trivia time... here are the names of the 4 banks that did get shut down, nationalized and/or merged way back then.

Bangkok Bank of Commerce, Bangkok Metropolitan Bank, Siam City Bank and First Bangkok City Bank. None of them were exactly high street entities.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 17, 2019, 9:46 am

tamada wrote:
May 17, 2019, 2:43 am
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
I reckon that most foreigners have their accounts with Bangkok, Siam Commercial, Kasikorn and Krung Thai with some in Krungsri and TMB. Since the BoT cleanup after the 1997 financial crash, I don't see any of those going tits-up while you sleep.

Trivia time... here are the names of the 4 banks that did get shut down, nationalized and/or merged way back then.

Bangkok Bank of Commerce, Bangkok Metropolitan Bank, Siam City Bank and First Bangkok City Bank. None of them were exactly high street entities.
And I don't believe any bank customers lost money in the process

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 19, 2019, 2:02 am

parrot wrote:
May 17, 2019, 9:46 am
tamada wrote:
May 17, 2019, 2:43 am
BillaRickaDickay wrote:

And I don't believe any bank customers lost money in the process
My Logic was based on the 2008 crash which bought down Lehmans Bros and many other big name Banks and Financial Institutions. Bad Debt was a big player in the demise of many of them and a similar situation now exists in Thailand.
You like to think that Thailand has learned from the West and a crash wont happen but you never know.
Customers of Northern Rock are still trying to sort out their problems created 11 years ago, I remember them queuing for days trying to draw out their savings.
Does Thailand have a compensation scheme for losses when a Bank goes Bust? I know the UK Government guarantees to reimburse the first £85,000 of any savings.
I was surprised at just how many Banks etc went bust, were bailed out or were taken over.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_b ... _Recession
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 19, 2019, 7:23 am

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
May 19, 2019, 2:02 am

My Logic was based on the 2008 crash
It is not logic, it is fear based assumptions drawing incorrect conclusions from a very different condition.
BillaRickaDickay wrote:

Bad Debt was a big player in the demise of many of them and a similar situation now exists in Thailand.
It does not.

That situation was caused by lending money to people who could not pay it back then selling that debt at high prices as it was disguised to conceal the fact that it was bad, and not having secured the loans on high enough value items.
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
Does Thailand have a compensation scheme for losses when a Bank goes Bust?
Yes ฿10,000,000 per customer per bank so almost 3 times better the the UK one
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 19, 2019, 1:14 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 19, 2019, 7:23 am
BillaRickaDickay wrote:

It is not logic, it is fear based assumptions drawing incorrect conclusions from a very different condition.
BillaRickaDickay wrote:

Bad Debt was a big player in the demise of many of them and a similar situation now exists in Thailand.
It does not.

That situation was caused by lending money to people who could not pay it back then selling that debt at high prices as it was disguised to conceal the fact that it was bad, and not having secured the loans on high enough value items.
BillaRickaDickay wrote:
Mythbuster!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 19, 2019, 2:26 pm

tamada wrote:
May 19, 2019, 1:14 pm

Mythbuster!
Guilty as charged. =D>

I just detest the Trumpian distortion of truth and blind assumptions that the twisted claims have any relationship with facts
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 19, 2019, 2:59 pm

More on this corruption , as old grumpy reported , Guy walks in hands over 10 ish passports ,nod and a wink off he pop's , all presumed , Loatian , next at the desk ,officer holds up phone , with photo of Farrang on it , upto the camera they use for extensions etc ,carry's on doing paperwork , there's no customer anywhere near ,HMM it would seem if it was going on before , (in the last 2 years ,) it was reasonably hidden , but now this office is so brazen about it ,

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 19, 2019, 4:27 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
May 19, 2019, 2:59 pm
More on this corruption , as old grumpy reported , Guy walks in hands over 10 ish passports ,nod and a wink off he pop's , all presumed , Loatian , next at the desk ,officer holds up phone , with photo of Farrang on it , upto the camera they use for extensions etc ,carry's on doing paperwork , there's no customer anywhere near ,HMM it would seem if it was going on before , (in the last 2 years ,) it was reasonably hidden , but now this office is so brazen about it ,
I'm not sure what happens when a guy walks in with 10ish passports, Laotian or Burmese or Cambodian, but it's been happening for years in Udon and Nongkai. My rose-colored glasses' take is someone is extending visas for people who are too busy to leave the worksite. I've seen guys walk into AEK vehicle registration and do the same thing.....it's usually people from the inspection station who perform the service for a small fee.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Post by Chriss » May 19, 2019, 5:21 pm

Were these passports for extension renewal or 90 day stamp. If i understand correctly we can nominate anyone to be our proxy for 90 day stamp. Maybe he's the office lacky sent to do the staff's 90 days.....?

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » May 19, 2019, 5:48 pm

Chriss wrote:
May 19, 2019, 5:21 pm
---- Maybe he's the office lacky sent to do the staff's 90 days.....?
it is allowed and daily business. no need to wonder about.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 19, 2019, 11:28 pm

Hoopoe wrote:
May 19, 2019, 2:59 pm
...next at the desk ,officer holds up phone , with photo of Farrang on it , upto the camera they use for extensions etc ,carry's on doing paperwork , there's no customer anywhere near ...
That was mine probably.

I'm in Vietnam right now.

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » May 20, 2019, 3:53 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 19, 2019, 7:23 am
BillaRickaDickay wrote:

BillaRickaDickay wrote:

It does not.

BillaRickaDickay wrote:
Steady on Mr Woodworker, You'll give yourself a heart attack, all that hate, another individual obsessed by a Mr Trump, the only thing I have in common with him is we both play snooker, I have to admit he is better than me.
Anyway back to Topic, I stand by my words, I leave you to wallow in your own Self-Righteousness.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » May 20, 2019, 5:42 am

Chriss wrote:
May 19, 2019, 5:21 pm
Were these passports for extension renewal or 90 day stamp. If i understand correctly we can nominate anyone to be our proxy for 90 day stamp. Maybe he's the office lacky sent to do the staff's 90 days.....?
He went straight to the wing it man ,nothing to do with 90 day's ,the wing it man then passed them all to desk (original ) number 2 ,

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”