Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Non Immigrant O or OA Visa

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 17, 2019, 12:17 pm

the-monk wrote:
May 17, 2019, 12:02 pm
Where did you get this info <<The Swedish embassy is still issuing the income letter, that (possibly with a copy of the income proof that you use to get the letter) should be enough. >> IS THIS REAL ? Thanks.
To whom are you addressing your question?

Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » May 17, 2019, 12:22 pm

To you Mr Sometimewoodworker or anyone with first-hand knowledge. Thanks.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 17, 2019, 12:57 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
May 17, 2019, 11:39 am
...Showing international transfers is only needed by UK, US, and Australians because their embassies have stopped giving the income documents.
And the Danish.

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » May 17, 2019, 1:22 pm

Just go and ask immigration, too easy??

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 17, 2019, 2:32 pm

tamada wrote:
May 17, 2019, 12:57 pm
...Showing international transfers is only needed by UK, US, and Australians because their embassies have stopped giving the income documents.
And the Danish.
The Danish embassy has resumed issuing the document.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 17, 2019, 2:35 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
May 17, 2019, 9:31 am
sometimewoodworker,Godmorning sir !

First i want to thank you for all the updated/correct information you've been sharing on this Board,much appreciated,thank you.

I know i could take time to visit the Immi office whith this question,but i choose to ask you sir.

Do you know if we who still get the Pension papers sign from our embassy (i'm Swedish)have to only show these papers,or do the local Immi here in Udon ALSO want me to show monthly transfers+Bankbook.

Thanks for reading..and maybe a nice replye from you sir...;-)..:-)

Have a great day.
The Swedish embassy is still issuing the income letter, that (possibly with a copy of the income proof that you use to get the letter) should be enough.

Showing international transfers is only needed by UK, US, and Australians because their embassies have stopped giving the income documents.

Money into a thai bank is an alternative to the embassy documentation it is not an addition to it, it may only be available to citizens of UK, US, and Australia, there are reports of other nationals being refused if they don't have an embassy document and being required to come back with an embassy letter.
Thank you for the swift replye sir.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » May 17, 2019, 2:37 pm

minimiglia wrote:
May 17, 2019, 1:22 pm
Just go and ask immigration, too easy??
Did you bother to read my post?....
I know i could take time to visit the Immi office whith this question,but i choose to ask you sir.
[/color].

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » May 17, 2019, 3:06 pm

nope just bar stool talk, only proper answer is ask immigration yourself

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 17, 2019, 3:21 pm

the-monk wrote:
May 17, 2019, 12:22 pm
To you Mr Sometimewoodworker or anyone with first-hand knowledge. Thanks.
There are no reports of any embassy (other then UK, US, Australian and for a short period Danish) stopping issuing the income verification letters so the reasonable assumption is that there is no change for any other embassy.

It would not be reasonable to ask for all embassy's to issue a no change notice.

You are, of course. welcome to email your embassy to confirm the information so you will have firsthand info.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 17, 2019, 10:45 pm

minimiglia wrote:
May 17, 2019, 3:06 pm
nope just bar stool talk, only proper answer is ask immigration yourself
Maybe, like many who are not on their first Thai rodeo, he likes the belt and braces approach, ie. ask forum members here AND also ask at Immigration nearer the time.

You should appreciate that approach with you having a standby generator and all, no?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 17, 2019, 10:48 pm

May 17, 2019, 2:32 pm
tamada wrote:
May 17, 2019, 12:57 pm
And the Danish.
The Danish embassy has resumed issuing the document.
I stand corrected, thanks.

Since that reintroduction didn't feature on the 'big forum's' radar, I guess there weren't a lot of momentarily discomfited Danes in the house.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » May 18, 2019, 6:41 am

tamada wrote:
May 17, 2019, 10:48 pm

I stand corrected, thanks.

Since that reintroduction didn't feature on the 'big forum's' radar, I guess there weren't a lot of momentarily discomfited Danes in the house.
No problem.

That was where I heard about the resumption, from the oracle himself ubonjoe

I haven't heard of any Danes commenting & the Danish embassy website still only had the termination notice last time I checked.

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » July 1, 2019, 12:26 pm

747man wrote:
May 18, 2018, 10:47 am
Samster, The EASIEST Way to go is get a SINGLE Entry TOURIST Visa in the U.K...
Enter Thailand on THAT,Get 60 Days,BEFORE That expires go to Savanakhet ( Laos ) Apply for a Multi Non-Imm " O " Visa,NO Funds in Thai Bank required....Only Stipulation is You MUST Be Married to a Thai National....
Only Documents You DO Need are...1, Original Marriage Certificate Plus A Copy, Wifes BLUE Housebook,& A Signed copy of you're Wifes Thai I.D Card,2 Your Passport with 2 Passport Photo's,Plus the 5,000 Baht Visa Fee,
Take ALL To Thai Consul in Savanakhet 1 Day BEFORE 11.00am & Pick up your Passport & Visa the NEXT Day After 2.00pm...EASY !!!!( But Make Certain Your WIFE Signs EVERYTHING )
Just checking are the requirements still the same for Multiple Non-Imm O (based on marriage) at Savannakhet?

If I take my car to Mukdahan any recommendations for somewhere safe to park it for 2 days where I can walk to the border.

Once across the border what's the going rate for a tuktuk or car to the Thai Embassy?

Anything else worth considering / to be aware of?

Many thanks!

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » July 1, 2019, 3:05 pm

deankham wrote:
July 1, 2019, 12:26 pm
747man wrote:
May 18, 2018, 10:47 am
Samster, The EASIEST Way to go is get a SINGLE Entry TOURIST Visa in the U.K...
Enter Thailand on THAT,Get 60 Days,BEFORE That expires go to Savanakhet ( Laos ) Apply for a Multi Non-Imm " O " Visa,NO Funds in Thai Bank required....Only Stipulation is You MUST Be Married to a Thai National....
Only Documents You DO Need are...1, Original Marriage Certificate Plus A Copy, Wifes BLUE Housebook,& A Signed copy of you're Wifes Thai I.D Card,2 Your Passport with 2 Passport Photo's,Plus the 5,000 Baht Visa Fee,
Take ALL To Thai Consul in Savanakhet 1 Day BEFORE 11.00am & Pick up your Passport & Visa the NEXT Day After 2.00pm...EASY !!!!( But Make Certain Your WIFE Signs EVERYTHING )
Just checking are the requirements still the same for Multiple Non-Imm O (based on marriage) at Savannakhet?

If I take my car to Mukdahan any recommendations for somewhere safe to park it for 2 days where I can walk to the border.

Once across the border what's the going rate for a tuktuk or car to the Thai Embassy?

Anything else worth considering / to be aware of?

Many thanks!
there is a car park at the border, I guess being a border crossing it's patrolled at night and cameras everywhere . always leave my car there and never a problem. on the other side I make a deal with the tuk tuk driver . normally 500b to the embassy,then to the hotel . next day pick up at the hotel to the embassy and back to the border
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 1, 2019, 4:16 pm

there is a car park at the border, I guess being a border crossing it's patrolled at night and cameras everywhere . always leave my car there and never a problem. on the other side I make a deal with the tuk tuk driver . normally 500b to the embassy,then to the hotel . next day pick up at the hotel to the embassy and back to the border......

Deankham, ALL The Same Requirements NOTHING has changed !!......................
Well Nearly All correct, But You can do a Deal with a Tuk Tuk for 300 baht for doing it BOTH Days,The Consulate is NO More than 10 Minutes from the Bridge,Can recommend Avalon Hotel in Savanakhet ( Agoda & Booking.com Do it ) 550 Baht inc; B/Fast & It's a 10 Minute Walk IF You're reasonably Fit ( It's Slightly UPHILL )

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 1, 2019, 5:04 pm

I have in the past parked the car near the immigration post and taken a taxi from there and get return trip following day
Costs more but on the return trip have easy passage thru Thai immigration as beat the full bus of punters

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » July 1, 2019, 6:19 pm

Hi Noosard.

Just to clarify I understood. Do you mean you can get a taxi from border post on Thai side right through both sets of customs and to the Thai Embassy / consulate in Laos?

If so that would be perfect for me.

Cheers.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 1, 2019, 9:42 pm

deankham wrote:
July 1, 2019, 6:19 pm
Hi Noosard.

Just to clarify I understood. Do you mean you can get a taxi from border post on Thai side right through both sets of customs and to the Thai Embassy / consulate in Laos?

If so that would be perfect for me.

Cheers.
I've Never heard of That.....Think he means the Bus !!

davecryan
udonmap.com

Post by davecryan » July 2, 2019, 11:59 pm

Where do you go to for the 90 day report ?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » July 3, 2019, 7:54 am

davecryan wrote:
July 2, 2019, 11:59 pm
Where do you go to for the 90 day report ?
To the immigration office that covers your area, given that you say you are 130km east of Udon it is probably not Udon Thani, probably Nong Kai

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”