saint
udonmap.com

Re: Children dieing in Thailand on teh Roads

Post by saint » May 18, 2019, 12:11 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 18, 2019, 6:36 am
jai yen yen wrote:
May 17, 2019, 9:22 pm
The children and young people need to be taught by their parents, the parents need to be educated about safety and fined for not obeying the rules, the police need to enforce the laws, the government needs to care. None of this is happening.
No need the Buddha will protect them.
Obviously not .

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 18, 2019, 12:22 pm

I'd rail on the locals for lack of safety concerns....but then every time I go downtown, I see at least one expat driving his motorbike on the wrong side of the road or without a helmet or a child on the same without a helmet. No doubt, though, all the expats with young children have child safety seats in their vehicles or at least properly buckled in with seatbelts. In my mind, at least the local have an excuse.......they're still a developing country.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 18, 2019, 12:57 pm

parrot wrote:
May 18, 2019, 12:22 pm
I'd rail on the locals for lack of safety concerns....but then every time I go downtown, I see at least one expat driving his motorbike on the wrong side of the road or without a helmet or a child on the same without a helmet. No doubt, though, all the expats with young children have child safety seats in their vehicles or at least properly buckled in with seatbelts. In my mind, at least the local have an excuse.......they're still a developing country.
What does being a developing country have to do with basic common sense. If you choose to wear a helmet or not, its "UP TO YOU" would be the Thais response.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » May 18, 2019, 2:02 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 18, 2019, 12:57 pm
parrot wrote:
What does being a developing country have to do with basic common sense. If you choose to wear a helmet or not, its "UP TO YOU" would be the Thais response.
You're absolutely right.....nothing to do with 'a developing country'.
The blue states generally require helmets for riders under 20, but many of the blue require only for riders 17 and under.
Attachments
Capture.JPG

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 18, 2019, 2:11 pm

timmy wrote:
May 17, 2019, 3:26 pm
jackspratt wrote:
May 17, 2019, 2:28 pm
timmy wrote:
May 17, 2019, 10:02 am
and every1 a " Darwin award " winner ...
What a nasty, and exceedingly dumb, comment. :-#
but completely true if your that stupid , you should NEVER breed .
Posters don't usually go that far when pointing the finger at American gun laws. Do you also think Americans should NEVER breed? :shock:
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » May 18, 2019, 3:39 pm

GT93 wrote:
May 18, 2019, 2:11 pm
timmy wrote:
May 17, 2019, 3:26 pm
jackspratt wrote:
May 17, 2019, 2:28 pm
timmy wrote:
May 17, 2019, 10:02 am
and every1 a " Darwin award " winner ...
What a nasty, and exceedingly dumb, comment. :-#
but completely true if your that stupid , you should NEVER breed .
Posters don't usually go that far when pointing the finger at American gun laws. Do you also think Americans should NEVER breed? :shock:
what the " EFF " has children on motorbikes got to do with yanks and there guns , are you for real ???

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » May 18, 2019, 10:22 pm

fatbob wrote:
May 17, 2019, 7:15 pm
I'm always disgusted with teachers at schools allowing under age children to ride out the gate with no helmets, that would be the place to start...
They seem to care enough to force the kids to wear the correct uniform (of many) and to get their hair cut just right, and to address everyone using the correct honorific prefix ...

But they don't give a damn if the little darlings die in a bloody pool outside the school gates.

Simply f'n bizarre.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » May 18, 2019, 10:30 pm

Doodoo wrote:
May 17, 2019, 9:55 pm
jai yen yen

Thanks for that I recently went through the same discussion with Teenagers here at the house regarding riding bikes and how to
I told them they would be on their own if disobeying the laws or safety measures So far they are complying But will see what happens
Yes I understand, My wife's son did not want to live in Canada with us so he stays in Thailand. He is eighteen now and has been riding my wife's scooter for about a year. I insisted on a good helmet which I provided and to wash the bike and care for it. So far so good but it is always a worry. I dread the phone call that we may get, it would crush my wife.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » May 18, 2019, 10:34 pm

Funny thing here in Canada, helmet laws are mandatory for riding motorcycles. They say it is a safety issue. I agree but if you like to wear a turban you do not have to wear a helmet. I guess my life is more valuable than an Indians.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » May 19, 2019, 5:07 am

parental and societal responsibility is key. When the older folks in a family allow and sometimes encourage kids as young as 9-10 years old to take the family scooter and race around the village there's the problem.. I see kids under 15 three up on scooters and bikes driving at excessive speeds, no helmets and many trying to emulate their older teen friends by trying to pop wheelies and in general acting stupid... If the village chief and elders in the village condemned such activity it would lessen.. But, evidently nobody wants to point the finger on such irresponsibility as it might cause someone to lose face...
Dave

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 19, 2019, 7:59 am

jai yen yen wrote:
May 18, 2019, 10:34 pm
Funny thing here in Canada, helmet laws are mandatory for riding motorcycles. They say it is a safety issue. I agree but if you like to wear a turban you do not have to wear a helmet. I guess my life is more valuable than an Indians.
No Canadians are just to weak to separate religion and law. If a Sikh is involved in a motorcycle accident and receives a head injury he should be responsible for all costs.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » May 19, 2019, 9:45 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 19, 2019, 7:59 am
jai yen yen wrote:
No Canadians are just to weak to separate religion and law. If a Sikh is involved in a motorcycle accident and receives a head injury he should be responsible for all costs.
I agree with that.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » May 19, 2019, 12:59 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
May 19, 2019, 7:59 am
jai yen yen wrote:
Er, and Brits too hey?
A Sikh does NOT have to wear a helmet in the UK either.

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » May 19, 2019, 1:02 pm

parrot wrote:
May 18, 2019, 2:02 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
parrot wrote:
The blue states generally require helmets for riders under 20, but many of the blue require only for riders 17 and under.
Thankyou.
Obviously 300 mil Darwin Award recipients in that 3rd world country too.
Some of the nasty comments on here defy description.
Lets just say i wish they all just went back home in a non polite way, to their sensible safe countries and left us to the peace and quiet and anarchy of Thai roads and road users.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » May 19, 2019, 2:37 pm

thaiguzzi wrote:
May 19, 2019, 1:02 pm
parrot wrote:
May 18, 2019, 2:02 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
parrot wrote:
Thankyou.
Obviously 300 mil Darwin Award recipients in that 3rd world country too.
Some of the nasty comments on here defy description.
Lets just say i wish they all just went back home in a non polite way, to their sensible safe countries and left us to the peace and quiet and anarchy of Thai roads and road users.
Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”