DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: One year(marriage) in Savanakhet

Post by DuiDui49 » June 1, 2019, 3:47 pm

TAXIfor7/11 wrote:
June 1, 2019, 2:09 pm
Udonhoward wrote:
June 1, 2019, 1:14 pm
Thanks. I am admitted to stay for 3 months (no more 90 day checkins). Within 3 months I have to do a border run, when I return I'll get another 90 days before I have to do another one. The visa is good for one year.

Fortunately a border run to Nong Khai is no big deal.
udonhoward,you can get 15 months out of it if you cross over border a day or so before your visa expires,when you come back into thailand they give you another 3 months,making total of 15 months unless its changed?,maybe someone knows different?
Same,no changes there..15 month..

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 1, 2019, 3:55 pm

Udonhoward wrote:
Thanks. I am admitted to stay for 3 months (no more 90 day checkins). Within 3 months I have to do a border run, when I return I'll get another 90 days before I have to do another one. The visa is good for one year.

Excuse my ignorance but do you have to have a Thai multiple re-entry visa for the outs and in's every 90 days and do you have to pay for entry visa's to either Cambo or Laos each time as well.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » June 1, 2019, 4:02 pm

AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2019, 3:55 pm
Udonhoward wrote:

Excuse my ignorance but do you have to have a Thai multiple re-entry visa for the outs and in's every 90 days and do you have to pay for entry visa's to either Cambo or Laos each time as well.
Yes and Yes

Udonhoward
udonmap.com

Post by Udonhoward » June 1, 2019, 4:33 pm

Unfortunately a Lao visa on entry would still be required, I don't know about Cambodia.
As I understand it, a reentry permit is not required, but I'm in the process of trying to verify that.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 1, 2019, 6:36 pm

Udonhoward wrote:
June 1, 2019, 4:33 pm
Unfortunately a Lao visa on entry would still be required, I don't know about Cambodia.
As I understand it, a reentry permit is not required, but I'm in the process of trying to verify that.
A re-entry permit is definitely not required as long as your multi entry visa is still in date. You have an infinite number of entries available until it expires.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 2, 2019, 4:54 am

I am investigating this visa and a work colleague advises he gets the extra 3 months as mentioned to total 15 months then towards the end of the 15 months gets a 60 day extension from immigration giving 17 months? Is he correct?

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 2, 2019, 7:37 am

Barney wrote:
June 2, 2019, 4:54 am
I am investigating this visa and a work colleague advises he gets the extra 3 months as mentioned to total 15 months then towards the end of the 15 months gets a 60 day extension from immigration giving 17 months? Is he correct?
Yes, if you don't want to get a 1 year extension.
The cost for 60 days and 1 year are the same, just the paperwork is different.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

Post by Teacher Dan » June 13, 2019, 6:28 pm

Hey Howard, this is Teacher Dan from KIS. How did it go in Savanakhet for the visa? I'm coming back in July. Unfortunately my current visa expires July 5th and I can't come back until the 10th so I will have to go out of country and start the process all over again for the first time in 15 years. How easy or difficult was it now with the new rules? What sort of money, paperwork, or deposits were necessary to do it?
“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”