john cleese says london is no longer english

World news discussion forum
AlexO
udonmap.com

Re: john cleese says london is no longer english

Post by AlexO » June 1, 2019, 1:53 pm

GT93 wrote:
June 1, 2019, 10:58 am
It seems over the top to me to describe Khan as a giant leap back to the dark ages. I understood he was way more educated than the average Brit and very much a modern man. What are his dark age policies?
Total support for Islam.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 1, 2019, 2:15 pm

samster wrote:
June 1, 2019, 1:42 pm
AlexO wrote:
May 31, 2019, 6:41 pm
Go North to Bradford etc and guess what Country you are in. Go to Bangkok, Pattaya or any other tourist place in Thailand you know you are in LOS (used to be).
Selective truth.

Don't know if you are familiar with Bradford but, Haworth (and other suburbs) doesnt have many Asians just as the bar area of Pattaya is largely falang. In the 2011 census, less than 25% of Bradford were Muslim
Over one-quarter of the population is Asian, while black, mixed races, and other races make up less than 1% of the population, respectively. You quite rightly point out that out in the suburbs there are not too many Asians but I was referring to Bradford City where the vast majority of Asians reside. When did you last go in to the center of the city? Did you notice the predominantly white crowds going about their daily lives or were you surprised at the vast majority of Asians walking the streets. Your reference to the bar area in Pattaya being largely Farang is just nonsense. There are a few thousand at most in a city who's population numbers are officially over 100K with an estimated figure of 200K who have not changed their registration from their home Province.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » June 1, 2019, 3:52 pm

AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2019, 2:15 pm
Over one-quarter of the population is Asian, while black, mixed races, and other races make up less than 1% of the population, respectively. You quite rightly point out that out in the suburbs there are not too many Asians but I was referring to Bradford City where the vast majority of Asians reside. When did you last go in to the center of the city? Did you notice the predominantly white crowds going about their daily lives or were you surprised at the vast majority of Asians walking the streets. Your reference to the bar area in Pattaya being largely Farang is just nonsense. There are a few thousand at most in a city who's population numbers are officially over 100K with an estimated figure of 200K who have not changed their registration from their home Province.
My home in the UK is 7 or 8 miles from Bradford in a town which has a much bigger percentage of Asians than Bradford itself. It is in a "better" part of town where most houses are occupied by whites. Some are occupied by Asian families who I would count as friendly acquaintances. In the town itself I have never seen any issues and everyone goes about their daily business happily. Undoubtedly, however there are a handful of radicals who live behind a mask.

I have only visited Pattaya twice but, would suggest that there are a disproportionate number of falang in the bar area of Pattaya (including a disproportionate number of drug dealers, pimps and perverts) in the same way as there are a greater number of Muslims (including radicals and perverts) in inner city Bradford.

The debate is much wider than a simple sound bite about Bradford , a City and an area I know a lot about.. Personally I feel that it is this sort of illl informed misinformation that promotes fear and hatred.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 1, 2019, 4:36 pm

Samster, No where in my posts have I said anything about radicals or perverts. I have pointed out the visual impact of so many non indigenous peoples making you wonder exactly where you are, be it Central Bradford, Heathrow, certain area's of London and other English cities. There is nothing that promotes fear or hatred in my posts and apart from London's Lord Mayor being Islamist I generally do not refer to anyone but as Asians. Totally disagree with your generalistion of Pattaya's bar area's. This is a tourist city with a few thousand resident expats who generally live a fairly quiet life and I personally have never come across the multitudes of drug dealers, pimps and perverts you refer to. I still maintain that you know you are in Thailand as the numbers of Farang are dwarfed by Thais.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 1, 2019, 5:42 pm

AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2019, 4:36 pm
..............and apart from London's Lord Mayor being Islamist .......
Wrong again........... sigh!

But keep trying.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 1, 2019, 10:55 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 1, 2019, 5:42 pm
AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2019, 4:36 pm
..............and apart from London's Lord Mayor being Islamist .......
Wrong again........... sigh!

But keep trying.
So you are saying that he is a God Fearing Christian? If you are a practicing Muslim you believe in the teachings of Islam therefor you are an Islamist. It is not a derogatory term it is a statement of fact. Please note I did not say Radical or Extremist. Perhaps you might read up on some issues before spouting off.

tinpeeba
udonmap.com

Post by tinpeeba » June 2, 2019, 2:38 am

Islamist
NOUN
An advocate or supporter of Islamic militancy or fundamentalism.

‘radical Islamists’

ADJECTIVE
Relating to, advocating, or supporting Islamic militancy or fundamentalism.

‘hardline Islamist groups’
‘Islamist ideology’

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/islamist

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 2, 2019, 6:42 am

fundamentalism[ fuhn-duh-men-tl-iz-uh m ]SHOW IPA
EXAMPLES|WORD ORIGIN

noun
(sometimes initial capital letter) "a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
the beliefs held by those in this movement.
strict adherence to any set of basic ideas or principles:
the fundamentalism of the extreme conservatives."
Just how many Muslims do you know who do not believe in the strict interpretation of their Book.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 2, 2019, 6:53 am

Islamism is a concept whose meaning has been debated in both public and academic contexts.[1] The term can refer to diverse forms of social and political activism advocating that public and political life should be guided by Islamic principles[1][2] or more specifically to movements which call for full implementation of sharia. It is commonly used interchangeably with the terms political Islam or Islamic fundamentalism.[3] In academic usage, the term Islamism does not specify what vision of "Islamic order" or sharia are being advocated, or how their advocates intend to bring them about.[4] In Western mass media it tends to refer to groups whose aim is to establish a sharia-based Islamic state, often with implication of violent tactics and human rights violations, and has acquired connotations of political extremism. In the Muslim world, the term has positive connotations among its proponents.[3

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 2, 2019, 7:58 am

AlexO wrote:
June 2, 2019, 6:42 am

Just how many Muslims do you know who do not believe in the strict interpretation of their Book.
I dont think i know personally any Muslims . From my travels to a few Muslim countries i would say that the number you ask for is a lot . At least 50 50 . Just like all religions and creeds there are as many liberals as conservatives .
The liberals tend not to get much press , go figure :roll:

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » June 2, 2019, 8:15 am

Look at the example of Bangledesh. Moderate Muslims, those posting tolerant views are being murdered. Remember the Muslim shopkeeper from Leeds (UK) who posted 'Happy Christmas" to my Christian customers and friends. An Irate radical Muslim traveled down from Scotland and murdered him.
Point being moderate Muslims are under constant threat from the radicals.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 2, 2019, 8:29 am

AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2019, 10:55 pm
So you are saying that he is a God Fearing Christian? If you are a practicing Muslim you believe in the teachings of Islam therefor you are an Islamist. It is not a derogatory term it is a statement of fact. Please note I did not say Radical or Extremist. Perhaps you might read up on some issues before spouting off.
Put the shovel away, and just admit you have NFI.

You were wrong on so many levels in your "Khan is to blame for murder rates and knife crime" post, and have continued to be so ever since.

The spout is firmly in your court.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 2, 2019, 8:39 am

It's great seeing Khan harshly condemn Trump. =D>

He appears to be a braver man than most leading English politicians. The English have traditionally been world leaders in resisting fascism.

Thank Buddha there are numerous institutional checks and balances in the US that prevent Trump going where he might otherwise wish to go.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » June 2, 2019, 8:52 am

Khan is a maggot . Hes also a remoaner. The only reason he hates Trump goes way back to Trumps Muslim ban , when all the terrorists attackes were happening throughout Europe .Why are you constantly trying to wind the Brits up .Do you secretly want to be one ? I realise you love to come on here , stir the pot , and then go back to the kiddies forum bragging of your conquests , but honestly if your that bored , get a hobby away from the computer.
Are there no sheep to chase in your part of the country ?
Last edited by saint on June 2, 2019, 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 2, 2019, 11:12 am

jackspratt wrote:
June 2, 2019, 8:29 am
AlexO wrote:
June 1, 2019, 10:55 pm
Put the shovel away, and just admit you have NFI.

You were wrong on so many levels in your "Khan is to blame for murder rates and knife crime" post, and have continued to be so ever since.

The spout is firmly in your court.
Once again you show your absolute ignorance. You make up a statement enclose it in inverted comma's as if it is a quotation by me and then prattle on about being incorrect on so many levels when most are quotations from internationally acknowledged reference books. My statement was actually "Under Khans regime", not Khan is to blame. Perhaps its time to leave the Jacks part of your avater out as this will fairly describe you.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 2, 2019, 3:39 pm

Which of these is from "internationally acknowledged reference books"?
Under Khans(who effectively rules the Metropolitan Police) regime murder rates and knife crime are out of control.
He stopped/reduced the stop and search police policy because he felt it was offensive to ethnic minorities
He has also encouraged a dual legal system
(as most Muslim Mayors do)
and behind closed doors a Sharia Court system,
Links to credible sources would be very helpful.
The term "most Londoners" voted for him is also very misleading. He won a very low turn out vote due to most Londoners apathy and the Muslim community making all efforts to ensure they turned out in numbers even greater than the electoral register records. He is in the position with somewhat less than 20% of available vote.

I imagine you are a Boris Johnson fan - but even if you are not:

- Sadiq won the 2016 election with 1,148,716 first round votes (44.2%), and a final tally of 1,310,143.

2,596,961 valid votes and 49,871 rejected votes in the first round, a turnout of 45.3%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Lond ... l_election

- Johnson won the 2008 election with 1,043,761 first round votes (43.2%), and a final tally of 1,168,738.

Turnout: 2,456,990 : 45.33%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Lond ... l_election

Just to help - Khan won with a higher vote tally and marginally higher turnout in 2016 than Johnson in 2008.

While on the subject of name changes, leaving Alex out of yours would best describe the sum of your knowledge. :-#

joudon
udonmap.com

Post by joudon » June 2, 2019, 3:50 pm

Internationally accepted reference books. You taking the P*SS or what. Perhaps the (joke) UN. could tell us. Khan is in power to get DISGUSTING sharia accepted. He needs some lead poisoning, you Know where.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 2, 2019, 4:14 pm

saint wrote:
June 2, 2019, 8:52 am
Khan is a maggot . Hes also a remoaner. The only reason he hates Trump goes way back to Trumps Muslim ban , when all the terrorists attackes were happening throughout Europe .Why are you constantly trying to wind the Brits up .Do you secretly want to be one ? I realise you love to come on here , stir the pot , and then go back to the kiddies forum bragging of your conquests , but honestly if your that bored , get a hobby away from the computer.
Are there no sheep to chase in your part of the country ?
I thought I was praising Britain, its historical legacy and one of its more important politicians continuing that fine British legacy. I think he's very highly regarded outside the UK. Obviously not in the White House.

Modern Britain appears to have a lot of problems and I wouldn't want to live there. I notice Britons appear to get angry very quickly and struggle to discuss issues courteously. British social capital appears to be really low.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 2, 2019, 4:22 pm

Khan said Trump's "divisive behaviour flies in the face of the ideals America was founded upon -- equality, liberty and religious freedom".
Can someone explain what religious freedoms are offered to non Muslims by the followers of Islam and that they accept chucking gays off high buildings and there is no equality for non Muslims who are only allowed to be slaves and using non Muslim girls as sex toys is fine by their Book . Amazing what a hypocritical wee Muslim can claim. Maybe keep the s in your avatar as you seem to have the same brain power as the small fish.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » June 2, 2019, 4:44 pm

jackspratt wrote:
June 2, 2019, 3:39 pm
Which of these is from "internationally acknowledged reference books"?
Under Khans(who effectively rules the Metropolitan Police) regime murder rates and knife crime are out of control.
He stopped/reduced the stop and search police policy because he felt it was offensive to ethnic minorities
He has also encouraged a dual legal system
(as most Muslim Mayors do)
and behind closed doors a Sharia Court system,
Links to credible sources would be very helpful.
The term "most Londoners" voted for him is also very misleading. He won a very low turn out vote due to most Londoners apathy and the Muslim community making all efforts to ensure they turned out in numbers even greater than the electoral register records. He is in the position with somewhat less than 20% of available vote.

I imagine you are a Boris Johnson fan - but even if you are not:

- Sadiq won the 2016 election with 1,148,716 first round votes (44.2%), and a final tally of 1,310,143.

2,596,961 valid votes and 49,871 rejected votes in the first round, a turnout of 45.3%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Lond ... l_election

- Johnson won the 2008 election with 1,043,761 first round votes (43.2%), and a final tally of 1,168,738.

Turnout: 2,456,990 : 45.33%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Lond ... l_election

Just to help - Khan won with a higher vote tally and marginally higher turnout in 2016 than Johnson in 2008.

While on the subject of name changes, leaving Alex out of yours would best describe the sum of your knowledge. :-#
The Electoral Commission says around 5.7 million people were registered to vote in the mayoral elections, while the electorate in London for the referendum was about 5.4 million. Some people were eligible to vote in the mayoral election but not the referendum.
Perhaps you skipped the school the day when they were teaching sums (maths is too big a word for you) but last time I looked 1.5ish million divided by 5.7ish million actually comes to less than 20.2% of the available vote, not your fantasy figure of 43.2%. If you are going to keep distorting facts please just go away and annoy the street kids.

Return to “World News”