world heavyweight title

General Udon Thani topics only!
maaka
udonmap.com

world heavyweight title

Post by maaka » June 4, 2019, 5:13 pm

There you go. A short dumpling of a man, knocks out the big toned and ripped Champion..
Hope Ruiz gives our man Parker a re match

magpie73
udonmap.com

Re: world heavyweight title

Post by magpie73 » June 5, 2019, 2:45 am

your man is going to have to wait Joshua has triggered his rematch clause against ruiz which will take place in november or December venue yet to be decided

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 5, 2019, 6:21 am

I didn't watch the fight but I read Ruiz was ridiculed in the ring as the Mexican national anthem was played ahead of the fight with many Joshua fans chanting "you fat bastard, get your tits out for the lads".

Ruiz had the last laugh. :lol:
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » June 5, 2019, 8:02 am

I didn't see the opening ceremonies before the bout and was unaware that they played the Mexican National Anthem. His parents are Mexican immigrants but Andy was born in California, grew up there and graduated high school in his home town of Imperial. Perhaps as a Mexican-American he has a choice of which anthem is played. His heritage is certainly Mexican.

I hope his future bouts go well and he proves to be a worthy heavyweight champion.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » June 5, 2019, 9:26 am

They underestimated Ruiz Jr, thought it would be a walk in the park KO for AJ and his adoring fan boy groupies !

What they found was a heavyweight with faster hand speed than Joshua and boxing skills to match. Ruiz Jr had an amateur record of 105 fights and only 5 defeats, trained by several top trainers the lad is no mug.

Joshua boxed like a novice after he floored Ruiz in the 3rd when he tried to finish Ruiz off he then got dropped twice himself, then finished in the seventh with a further 2 knockdowns.

I never rated Joshua, the warning signs have been there for a while of his vulnerability and he will have to drastically improve in the rematch but in a fist fight shootout anything can happen.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » June 5, 2019, 12:01 pm

Shado wrote:
June 5, 2019, 8:02 am
Andy was born in California, grew up there and graduated high school in his home town of Imperial.
they played the Mexican National Anthem.
That says a lot about the mindset of so-called "Americans" these days.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 5, 2019, 3:19 pm

Perhaps he just didnt feel like kneeling so took the easy option :-k

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » June 5, 2019, 3:28 pm

I think Joshua is the best boxer of the bunch, however, his chin is suspect and with just a little luck one of the big punchers is going to knock him out.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 5, 2019, 8:53 pm

Joshua ran out of gas and Ruiz was in better condition even though he is a little overweight. As well people did underestimate Ruiz. He is tough, fit, has a good mindset and knows how to box with a style that suits him.

SJP17
udonmap.com

Post by SJP17 » June 5, 2019, 9:48 pm

glalt wrote:
June 5, 2019, 3:28 pm
I think Joshua is the best boxer of the bunch, however, his chin is suspect and with just a little luck one of the big punchers is going to knock him out.
He is not though, as a boxer Joshua is very limited, he is stiff and his movement is poor, he doesn't always stay in the same spot but he tends to go back and forth in straight lines.

Ruiz was walking him down from the first bell. Joshua was trying to keep the distance, and was showing the right hand but it didn’t deter Ruiz from constantly trying to cut down that distance. To not be able to hold the centre of the ring and to instead have to circle, jab, re-set, circle, jab, re-set was exhausting him. He was having to work at a higher pace than he was comfortable with.

In a rematch he needs to throw a hard, accurate double jab from the shoulder, None of this from the hip business and he needs to do some really ugly Klitschko v Povetkin type clinching. To the point where it’s ugly to watch. Keep his right hand up against his chin and just jab and hook with his lead hand.
Last edited by SJP17 on June 5, 2019, 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » June 5, 2019, 9:54 pm

Ruiz didnt have any pressure on him ........ even if he had lost he would still have had a Sumo career waiting for him

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 6, 2019, 2:06 am

I do not believe Joshua has the heart of a champion, he had that beaten look of fear on his face as the fight progressed. A decent boxer but not a champion.

andymu
udonmap.com

Post by andymu » June 6, 2019, 8:34 am

AJ Olympic Champion, Multi belt heavy weight champion. Only one loss. He will be back in the rematch to regain his titles. A true Champion.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 7, 2019, 9:04 pm

andymu wrote:
June 6, 2019, 8:34 am
AJ Olympic Champion, Multi belt heavy weight champion. Only one loss. He will be back in the rematch to regain his titles. A true Champion.
He can box but a true champion does not quit or get scared when the going gets tough. He did both in this fight.
He may win some more fights but he will not be around for long.

vlad
udonmap.com

Post by vlad » June 11, 2019, 4:47 am

There is a rumour circulating jai that AJ picked a guy to spar with same size as Ruiz and he got knocked out sparring. Might be his confidence wasn't right when he got punched 1st.

valentind28

Post by valentind28 » June 19, 2019, 3:09 pm

Shado wrote:
June 5, 2019, 8:02 am
I didn't see the opening ceremonies before the bout and was unaware that they played the Mexican National Anthem. His parents are Mexican immigrants but Andy was born in California, grew up there and graduated high school in his home town of Imperial. Perhaps as a Mexican-American he has a choice of which anthem is played Garde Meubles Paris. His heritage is certainly Mexican.

I hope his future bouts go well and he proves to be a worthy heavyweight champion.
Of course they have the choice, plus they are both Mexican and American cytoens. They can sing the hymn they want.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”