800k in thai bank for extending retire visa

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
GENTLEY
udonmap.com

800k in thai bank for extending retire visa

Post by GENTLEY » June 13, 2019, 7:42 pm

Hopefully someone can help me with this as I've had different answers from Udon Immigration.

I've had a retirement visa for 9 years now and unfortunately my Embassy has recently decided to stop the letters of affirmation for my pension as other Embassies have, as we all know.

So I've reverted to the 800k in a thai bank account via international transfer.

I've tried to find out how long one has to have it in a thai account before applying for extention of visa as some websites say 2 months and some 3,as do Udon Immigration depending on who you talk too.

Many Web sites,including official ones, state 2 months 'on the 1st occasion of applying '. Is that applying for an actual retirement visa or applying for an extension with the 800k deposited?

Has anyone had any experience of applying in the last few months in regards to this?

Thank you in anticipation of any help.

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Re: 800k in thai bank for extending retire visa

Post by Tracechain » June 14, 2019, 5:27 am

This doesn't answer your question but I just completed my yearly extension using the 800k bank letter (about 100 days maturity) and it took 13 minutes from the time I sat down till leaving. Had a woman in civilian clothes (never seen her before) who only looked at my docs as she shuffled them sorting out what was what. She put the magical stamps in, made copies of bank book (last two pages and never looked at them) and gave to the head matron who scribbled her approval. I did ask her about the 400k BS and she just shrugged her shoulders. FIgure they will hold that rule up for some other occasion.

I did learn, however, that bank (Bangkok bank) only gives six months of account activity when updating the bank book. I would suppose if one were to try using the monthly 65k for proof of income, best update bank book semi-annually. Since I had always used the embassy letter (eight years) I never bothered with updating bank book.

This was Udon Thani Immigration.
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » June 14, 2019, 9:58 am

i did my 90 days recently and asked them about the changes , for retirement extension , they confirmed 400.000 baht should be left untouched , as of marriage extension thor lor 2 has to be renewed at amphoe ,not older than 7 days , and about witnesses ?, 1 witness, not have to be the puyai baan ...at least that is what they have told me ... ;)

marcudon
udonmap.com

Post by marcudon » June 15, 2019, 6:20 am

3 months for the first retirement visa and then 2 months for extension. I will redo my eighth extension like that next month. Hope to have answered your concern.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 15, 2019, 11:04 am

Tracechain wrote:
June 14, 2019, 5:27 am

I did learn, however, that bank (Bangkok bank) only gives six months of account activity when updating the bank book. I would suppose if one were to try using the monthly 65k for proof of income, best update bank book semi-annually. Since I had always used the embassy letter (eight years) I never bothered with updating bank book.

Yes, their bank book updating is capped at 6 months same as the date range for downloading your account activity online. I used to do the bi-annual download but found it easier getting a 1-year printed statement from the branch which cost about 80 baht and took a few days as it came from head office.

Tracechain
udonmap.com

Post by Tracechain » June 16, 2019, 4:23 am

tamada wrote:
June 15, 2019, 11:04 am
Tracechain wrote:

Yes, their bank book updating is capped at 6 months same as the date range for downloading your account activity online. I used to do the bi-annual download but found it easier getting a 1-year printed statement from the branch which cost about 80 baht and took a few days as it came from head office.
I thought they have to have data older than six months, but the gal didn't volunteer any and I wasn't in the mood so left that thought for another day. Is nice to know, however. Thanks!
Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast, hit 'em with the one they don't expect, and just keep hitting.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » June 16, 2019, 8:29 am

Tracechain wrote:
June 16, 2019, 4:23 am
tamada wrote:
June 15, 2019, 11:04 am
Tracechain wrote:

I thought they have to have data older than six months, but the gal didn't volunteer any and I wasn't in the mood so left that thought for another day. Is nice to know, however. Thanks!
Yes, the usual YMMV as my experience was with the main BB branch in Pattaya where I have my account and it was easily facilitated. I haven't asked for same at the Udon branch as it's only fairly recently they removed rules that some stuff could only be done at the branch where the account was hosted. I think I am correct in claiming bank pass books can be renewed at any branch these days so maybe bank statements are easier as well. For future reference.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 16, 2019, 9:31 am

I think I am correct in claiming bank pass books can be renewed at any branch these days so maybe bank statements are easier as well. For future reference.
A bit off topic.
Yes, that does apply to the KasikornBank:-
Over the years I have obtained a new passbook, ATM Card and Statements from the Ban Dung branch where my account is based in Udon. In saying that I have a KBank Account opened in Dindang, Bangkok back in 2001, I was told I could only cancel the account at that branch. They did tell me to just clear the funds and walk away from it, which I did. Still appears in my Internet Banking account.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » June 16, 2019, 3:55 pm

GENTLEY wrote:
June 13, 2019, 7:42 pm
Hopefully someone can help me with this as I've had different answers from Udon Immigration.

I've had a retirement visa for 9 years now and unfortunately my Embassy has recently decided to stop the letters of affirmation for my pension as other Embassies have, as we all know.

So I've reverted to the 800k in a thai bank account via international transfer.

I've tried to find out how long one has to have it in a thai account before applying for extention of visa as some websites say 2 months and some 3,as do Udon Immigration depending on who you talk too.

Many Web sites,including official ones, state 2 months 'on the 1st occasion of applying '. Is that applying for an actual retirement visa or applying for an extension with the 800k deposited?

Has anyone had any experience of applying in the last few months in regards to this?

Thank you in anticipation of any help.
As i understand it , for the first Extension on Retirement grounds , it is 2 months ,for all further Extensions it is 3 months , see attachment ,
Attachments
60345932_2274434692883455_6841881863145914368_n.jpg

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » June 16, 2019, 6:47 pm

My apologies if I've missed something amidst all the visa posts.
Hoopoe's attachment below appears to be a document given to him (or someone else) during the processing of a retirement extension application and includes some of the changed criteria, notably how long money has to be in the bank and the need to submit an updated bankbook.
Does anyone have similar for an extension based on marriage?
Perhaps it's still not a comprehensive document because there's no reference to the income having to be from abroad.
Is there somewhere where the criteria for retirement or marriage is officially written i.e. something to refer to before you apply? An official Police page which actually works? I may have overlooked something, but all I recall months back is someone posting a draft, which still I understood needed Police 'rubber stamping'.
Possibly relevant, is that I couldn't see any guidance handouts, old or new, available in Udon Immigration last time I was there.
Thank you.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » June 17, 2019, 3:44 am

Brian Davis wrote:
June 16, 2019, 6:47 pm
Hoopoe's attachment below appears to be a document given to him (or someone else) during the processing of a retirement extension application and includes some of the changed criteria, notably how long money has to be in the bank and the need to submit an updated bankbook.
Perhaps it's still not a comprehensive document because there's no reference to the income having to be from abroad.
Is there somewhere where the criteria for retirement or marriage is officially written i.e. something to refer to before you apply? An official Police page which actually works? I may have overlooked something, but all I recall months back is someone posting a draft, which still I understood needed Police 'rubber stamping'.
Possibly relevant, is that I couldn't see any guidance handouts, old or new, available in Udon Immigration last time I was there.
Thank you.
Brian , as far as i know ,having checked through the site's ,(official police immigration)there's is not as yet (and may never will be ) an official paper translated into English , (only the one most people quote by Thai Visa .com ) see PM

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » June 17, 2019, 5:00 am

Thanks, Hoopoe.

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » June 18, 2019, 7:04 am

Brian Davis wrote:
June 17, 2019, 5:00 am
Thanks, Hoopoe.
Brian did you get the PM i sent you ?? just checked my sent messages and it's not showing , i've just sent an updated version of it ,

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » June 18, 2019, 8:34 am

Hoopoe wrote:
June 18, 2019, 7:04 am
Brian Davis wrote:
Thanks, Hoopoe.
Brian did you get the PM i sent you ?? just checked my sent messages and it's not showing , i've just sent an updated version of it ,
No, Hoopoe, I've not received either message. I had assumed the reference to PM in your first main message was just a slip, so ignored it. I've just tried a PM to you, which HASN"T shown yet in my sent box either. Looks like there's a PM problem!

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Post by Hoopoe » June 18, 2019, 8:57 am

Brian Davis wrote:
June 18, 2019, 8:34 am
Hoopoe wrote:
June 18, 2019, 7:04 am
Brian Davis wrote:
Thanks, Hoopoe.
No, Hoopoe, I've not received either message. I had assumed the reference to PM in your first main message was just a slip, so ignored it. I've just tried a PM to you, which HASN"T shown yet in my sent box either. Looks like there's a PM problem!
Brian i've sent a queary to Admin , regarding this messages ,

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 18, 2019, 9:43 am

Brian Davis wrote:
June 16, 2019, 6:47 pm
Thank you.
I'm just going there now. I'll update later, however the money in the bank is definitely 2 months before. But the period after is another matter.

** Update from earlier today.
They do not have a supply of updated leaflets for either a marrage or retirement extension, though I did see them folding a leaflet I couldn't see what it referred to.

The sum total of required deposit proof in my case was a minimum of 2 month deposit on the day of application with an updated bank book, bank letter, and statement. I was required to present the same proof about 40 days after my application and before the extension was granted.

When collecting my extension today I was not asked to prove money in the bank in 90 days, although SWMBO was told that that would be required during my initial application.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on June 18, 2019, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » June 18, 2019, 11:45 am

I'm off topic here (marriage, not retirement) and my next extension is 8 months away. But I will probably be attempting to apply on the basis of pension income, not lump sum, including proof that the income originates from the UK. Thus, my reasons for being a pain in the rear for asking if anyone's done it that way already and ensuring I understand the criteria, prepared for any Immigration Officer wanting to 'mess me about'. If and when the medical insurance issue surfaces again, without a policy, I may need the lump sum I do have to appease Immigration in that respect.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » June 18, 2019, 2:50 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
June 18, 2019, 11:45 am
I'm off topic here (marriage, not retirement) and my next extension is 8 months away. But I will probably be attempting to apply on the basis of pension income, not lump sum, including proof that the income originates from the UK. Thus, my reasons for being a pain in the rear for asking if anyone's done it that way already and ensuring I understand the criteria, prepared for any Immigration Officer wanting to 'mess me about'. If and when the medical insurance issue surfaces again, without a policy, I may need the lump sum I do have to appease Immigration in that respect.
If you are doing cash transfers from overseas into your Thai bank, immigration wants to see 1or 2 transfers each month for 12 months. Each month total must be at least 40,000 Baht, the transfers must be from overseas into your account, domestic transfers (HMG pension paid in Thailand) do not qualify. They are not interested in anything else.

If you can have 400,000 in an account for 2 months before you apply then if immigration doesn't like your income proof, you have a backup plan
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » June 18, 2019, 6:31 pm

"Brian i've sent a queary to Admin , regarding this messages"

Sorry to use a topic to highlight what seems a PMing problem - may be an isolated problem, or we've stumbled across a broader issue.
Just to say, Hoopoe, that I have received a helpful PM from another member (doesn't appear to be you as an alias), but can't send a reply to him - nothing showing in my 'sent' box. Anything from Admin, yet?
I don't think I've upset anyone sufficiently or referred to something I shouldn't that has led to my being blocked!

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » June 18, 2019, 8:58 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
June 18, 2019, 2:50 pm

... the transfers must be from overseas into your account, domestic transfers (HMG pension paid in Thailand) do not qualify.

If you can have 400,000 in an account for 2 months before you apply then if immigration doesn't like your income proof, you have a backup plan
Can you just clarify,"domestic transfers (HMG pension paid in Thailand) do not qualify", so I don't get things a over t?

Spot on with the backup plan. Of course, if Immigration did reject the income option AND, in the absence of an insurance policy, insisted I needed proof of money set aside for medical expenses, then a rethink and possibly bank robbery is required! Attempted humour, Thai readers.

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”