ALL ABOUT THE AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER WITH RICHARD F. STRATTON

General Udon Thani topics only!
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

ALL ABOUT THE AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER WITH RICHARD F. STRATTON

Post by DuiDui49 » June 21, 2019, 5:08 pm

This have to be the most education/information you can get regarding APBT..maybe my post may change some person and there fear regarding this awsome breed.Please what it and share.Thank you.

https://youtu.be/uwCkcnccXmw

https://youtu.be/W6Ey74D8bk4

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Re: ALL ABOUT THE AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER WITH RICHARD F. STRATTON

Post by DuiDui49 » June 21, 2019, 5:58 pm

DuiDui49 wrote:
June 21, 2019, 5:08 pm
This have to be the most educational/information you can get regarding APBT..maybe my post may change some person and there fear regarding this awsome breed.Please what it and share.Thank you.

https://youtu.be/uwCkcnccXmw

https://youtu.be/W6Ey74D8bk4

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 21, 2019, 6:33 pm

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 21, 2019, 6:50 pm

Did you look at my two vids,guess not..If you did,what was your thought?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 21, 2019, 6:55 pm

You are correct. I have not looked at the videos yet as I start working in about 20 minutes so do not have the time yet.

However, I do know that pit bulls are banned in the Province of Ontario owing to the number of vicious attacks they have made on people and other animals. On the other hand, the ones I have come across in Khon Kaen are very friendly and lovable.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 21, 2019, 10:05 pm

I have owned 8 Pit Bulls over the last 45 years, have been to many shows and currently own one now. Never a problem with any of them, the problem is many of the owners today do not know how to train and handle them as well as people breeding them who are careless and only looking for a profit. In any breed of dog there can be dogs with a bad nature that should not be bred. These bad characteristics are actually what a lot of people want because they like the idea of a powerful aggressive dog and pound for pound the Pit Bull is the top of the heap. A well bred, well trained Pit is one of the best dogs you can have and it is very sad for me to see what has happened to the breed over the last 40 years as they have become so popular. By the way I have Mr. Strattons books and he knows what he is talking about.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 21, 2019, 11:13 pm

I watched the first video and was impressed by Mr. Stratton who certainly knows his stuff. He understands the background, breeding, capabilities and so on of the pit bull and other breeds. In essence, he is saying pit bulls are very fierce fighters that require proper handling by responsible owners. I get that.

The problem seems to be that a number of owners are not responsible, or capable, attacks on humans and other animals have taken place although he discounts some of these claims as false. The deaths/maiming of children, adults and pets owing to pit bull attacks is the reason for the ban. Mr. Stratton points out that pit bulls can pull down horses, defeat lions. and get a taste for fighting once they have been in a fight.

He also does not deal with the issue of pit bulls been bred for fighting in the U.S.A. Perhaps he addresses this issue in the second video.

At this point, I see a ban as better in the public interest than having a pit bull in the hands of an irresponsible owner. Better to be safe than sorry.

I do realise that poodles and chihuahuas can bite too but they cannot fight like pit bulls. They most likely could not take down horses or inflict much damage on lions either.

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » June 22, 2019, 12:00 am

As someone who is deeply involved with rescue groups where I live I will tell you that EVERY Pitty the groups found to be aggressive was due to the owners involved and trying to make the Pittys "Guard" or fighting dogs. It is not the breed it's the stupid owners!

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » June 22, 2019, 2:58 am

How true this is..

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » June 22, 2019, 7:50 am

Sateeb wrote:
June 22, 2019, 2:58 am
How true this is..

So true.."The more i learn about the human beeing,the more i love my dog"...true..too.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » June 23, 2019, 1:50 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
June 21, 2019, 11:13 pm
I watched the first video and was impressed by Mr. Stratton who certainly knows his stuff. He understands the background, breeding, capabilities and so on of the pit bull and other breeds. In essence, he is saying pit bulls are very fierce fighters that require proper handling by responsible owners. I get that.

The problem seems to be that a number of owners are not responsible, or capable, attacks on humans and other animals have taken place although he discounts some of these claims as false. The deaths/maiming of children, adults and pets owing to pit bull attacks is the reason for the ban. Mr. Stratton points out that pit bulls can pull down horses, defeat lions. and get a taste for fighting once they have been in a fight.

He also does not deal with the issue of pit bulls been bred for fighting in the U.S.A. Perhaps he addresses this issue in the second video.

At this point, I see a ban as better in the public interest than having a pit bull in the hands of an irresponsible owner. Better to be safe than sorry.

I do realise that poodles and chihuahuas can bite too but they cannot fight like pit bulls. They most likely could not take down horses or inflict much damage on lions either.
I understand your opinion but you are not thinking about the real problem and that is these issues are human caused. Sure you can ban Pits but these people will simply turn to another breed and there are many powerful breeds in the world and you will have the same problem all over again. As much as I hate government intervention I believe restrictions should be in place for the ownership of dogs especially in the case of powerful dogs that require proper handling. As well people need to be held accountable for their animals. If you want a powerful dog it is similar to owning a gun, you need to show you are capable and responsible.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”