Trump's US in retreat: racism, domestic pathologies behind global mess

General Udon Thani topics only!
Essex
udonmap.com

Trump's US in retreat: racism, domestic pathologies behind global mess

Post by Essex » June 29, 2019, 11:20 am

https://www.smh.com.au/national/trump-s ... 521m9.html

Interesting article. Will not please the Trump supporters, but an opinion by one of Australia's foremost experts on American history.

I am independently poor

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: Trump's US in retreat: racism, domestic pathologies behind global mess

Post by Giggle » June 29, 2019, 11:44 am

Wishful thinking by another bone-headed bogan wistfully imagining himself important.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 29, 2019, 12:07 pm

What I find interesting is that everyone blames Donald Trump for everything.
Don't forget that the majority of Americans voted for him, because they were sick of all the policies that this article talks about.

He's just doing what he promised to do if elected.
I've never seen that before, ever, as most politicians just backflip once elected.
His ideals are supported by the majority.

In every household, you can't help other people until you help yourself and then get spare money and time.
Americans were sick of helping the world and neglecting themselves for it.
It's just human nature.
I don't blame America one bit.
Mick

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 29, 2019, 12:12 pm

mickojak wrote:
June 29, 2019, 12:07 pm

Don't forget that the majority of Americans voted for him..............
No they didn't.
His ideals are supported by the majority.
No they aren't.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 29, 2019, 12:30 pm

How did he become president then?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 29, 2019, 12:50 pm

mickojak wrote:
June 29, 2019, 12:30 pm
That is a question people all around the world have been asking - but it certainly wasn't via the popular or majority vote. :shock:

The image won't appear, but is shows Clinton 65,853,516 (48.18%), and Trump 62,984,825 (46.09%).

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » June 29, 2019, 12:56 pm

mickojak wrote:
The USA does not have an independent electoral process, so gerrymandering on electoral boundaries is rampant. Look at these totally outrageous electoral boundaries.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CH ... dH73x4BH8M:

This is why the slim majority that Clinton had over Trump was thwarted to a large extent.
I am independently poor

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » June 29, 2019, 1:01 pm

"He's just doing what he promised to do if elected"

He, Mr Cheeseburger and Fries has walked away from or shelved more promises than what he has accomplished in his near 3 years in the seat

Mickojak you asked how did the Duck become President if the majority of people didnt vote for him?
"Clinton had nonetheless received almost three million more votes (65,853,514 to 62,984,828) in the general election than Trump, giving Clinton a popular vote lead of 2.1% over Trump."
The American system is slightly different using the Electoral College to determine the President and NOT the majority of votes

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 29, 2019, 1:07 pm

So, same system every other president has won under?

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 29, 2019, 1:08 pm

mickojak wrote:
All one need do is look at the difference in votes in California and New York, and you can see how the Hag had more of the popular vote. And by the way, the Hag got credit for those Electoral votes in her final tally. This popular vote disparity is EXACTLY why the Framers instituted the Electoral College: to prevent one or two large states by population from selecting the POTUS. The EC does exactly what it was designed to do.

In the US, the popular vote is counted at the STATE LEVEL. Electoral votes are awarded based on those votes. The candidate with the most Electoral votes is the winner.

LIBs and America-haters keep trying to conflate Trump's election with the popular and Electoral vote, but is doesn't matter. It helps their HATE TRUMP and GET TRUMP narratives for the ignorant. It's like hockey fans thinking their team won by most shots on goal instead of the most goals. Silly.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 29, 2019, 1:08 pm

mickojak wrote:
June 29, 2019, 1:07 pm
Absolutely correct. Except Washington ran unopposed.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » June 29, 2019, 1:13 pm

So, lots of sore losers around.
Now that the dems have released all their policies i think the losers are gunna be sore for a while longer.

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » June 29, 2019, 1:22 pm

mickojak wrote:
Yes, including the controversial result for Bush Jnr which was considered suspect by most independent observers with the game playing in Florida
I am independently poor

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 29, 2019, 1:27 pm

Essex wrote:
June 29, 2019, 1:22 pm
mickojak wrote:
Yes, including the controversial result for Bush Jnr which was considered suspect by most independent observers with the game playing in Florida
What most don't know about the 2000 election and the hanging chads in Florida is that if Algore had just won his HOME STATE of Tennessee, Florida would have never been an issue. Gore would have had enough Electoral votes without even being concerned about Florida. GWB won Gore's home state of Tennessee by almost 4%. Pretty shocking when you consider that Tennessee voted for BJ Clinton in both of his elections. I guess citizens of Tennessee knew Gore better than the rest of us.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 29, 2019, 1:30 pm

And by the way, LIBs recounted and recounted and recounted those votes in Florida over and over and over again. GWB still won.

Like you said, mickojak. Sore losers. Kinda like all the excuses drummed up for Trump winning. Now LIBs want to change all the rules for everything. So predictable.

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » June 29, 2019, 1:41 pm

Lone Star wrote:
June 29, 2019, 1:30 pm
And by the way, LIBs recounted and recounted and recounted those votes in Florida over and over and over again. GWB still won.

Like you said, mickojak. Sore losers. Kinda like all the excuses drummed up for Trump winning. Now LIBs want to change all the rules for everything. So predictable.
Not really the case. On a split decision the Supreme court blocked the recount, Three judges found that the Florida count violated the constitution, as a result Florida changed its voting practices. Had the count been made using the revised law, Gore would have won Florida and the presidency.

That is of course now history, but the Florida count was controversial and could have gone either way. The fact that Jeb Bush was governor is equally controversial with a strong argument that his involvement benefited his brother.
I am independently poor

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 29, 2019, 1:48 pm

You're correct that SCOTUS stopped continuous formal election recounts to declare a winner to meet the date for change of power.

However, as I posted, LIB groups received permission to recount MANY times in order to prove their claim that Gore won. The recounts continued to show that GWB won Florida.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » June 29, 2019, 1:52 pm

Essex wrote:
June 29, 2019, 11:20 am

Interesting article. Will not please the Trump supporters, but an opinion by one of Australia's foremost experts on American history.
So this Australian person is a "Foremost Experts on American History", but one who couldn't qualify to be an expert in Australian History. Interesting. I can only assume that he failed the exam on the History of his own Country (Australia). \:D/ \:D/.

Re: One of Australia's Foremost Experts on American history”: I see the article is attributed to Bob Carr. Do you know who Bob Carr is or was: Robert John Carr: He was an ex mediocre Australian Politician. Started his life out as a Journalist – Now that’s a really good career isn't it. =D> =D> [-o< Then he went on to become another less than useless Politician, following a long list that our unfortunate country, Australia, has had to endure. =; =; :-k :-k

He is not exactly a person with any credibility in my view, nor a person of any achievement in life, other than that of f..k..g up the State of NSW, then trying to Fu..k up the Federal scene, along with other useless Cronies, such as the likes of Gillard and Rudd and then continuing on to sponge of the Australian Tax Payer. Carr was nothing but an arrogance Fu..ck and this is how most people viewed him. So by all means listen to what he has to say :-k :-k

Not exactly a person of achievements, or an expert in anything, in my humble view, but each to his own

Who in their right mind would listen to what an Australian Politician had to say about “Word Politics”

Just my 2 cents worth

pipoz4444
Last edited by pipoz4444 on June 29, 2019, 2:42 pm, edited 9 times in total.
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » June 29, 2019, 1:59 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 29, 2019, 1:52 pm

Just my 2 cents worth

pipoz4444
I suggest you have grossly overestimated the value of your contribution. :roll:

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » June 29, 2019, 2:10 pm

pipoz4444 wrote:
June 29, 2019, 1:52 pm
Essex wrote:
June 29, 2019, 11:20 am

So this Australian person is a "Foremost Experts on American History", but one who couldn't qualify to be an expert in Austrialn History. Interesting. I can only assume that he failed the exam on the History of his own Country (Australian). \:D/ \:D/.

Re One of Australia's Foremost Experts on American history”: I see the article is attributed to Boob Car. Do you know who Bob Carr is or was: Robert Jong Carr: He was an ex mediocre Australian Politician. Started his life out as a Journalist – Now that’s a really good career is it. =D> =D> [-o< Then he went on to become another less than useless Politician, foloowing a long list that our unfortunately Australia has had to endure. =; =; :-k :-k

He is not exactly a person with any credibility in my view, nor a person of any achievement in life, other than that of fu..individual up the State of NSW, then trying to Fu..k up the Federal scene, along with other useless Cronies, such as the likes of Gillard and Rudd and then continuing on to sponge of the Australian Tax Payer. Carr was nothing but an arrogance Fu..ck and this is how most people viewed him. So by all means listen to what he has to say :-k :-k

Not exactly a person of achievements, or an expert in anything, in my humble view, but each to his own

Who in their right mind would listen to what an Australian Politician had to say about “Word Politics”

Just my 2 cents worth

pipoz4444
Thanks for that information, pipoz4444!

I see a CBoS ridiculing you for pointing out the bias of a source when they have done the very same thing in other threads to try to discredit factual information. It's what they do.

The CBoS can't be Haters without being Hypocrites.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”