Do you agree or not to..

General Udon Thani topics only!
Essex
udonmap.com

Re: Do you agree or not to..

Post by Essex » July 15, 2019, 4:52 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
July 15, 2019, 11:45 am
Disagree. My wife always asks for directions if she does not know the way to a place, and asks people in shops and wats for assistance in locating items and other things. This is true of her family and friends. Thais do not always think and act the same way just like people around the world do not act according to a national trait.
My wife graduated from High School only, a farm village family. She has no hesitation in asking for directions either here in Thailand or when we are in Australia.

Another not norm?

I am independently poor

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 15, 2019, 5:00 pm

lol
If my wife didnt ask direction, she would not find her way home
And she does not drink alcohol at all

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 15, 2019, 5:06 pm

The question should be can you talk to your Thais wife on an intellectual level. Does she enjoy a discussion that makes her think, or is she too lazy. And I don't mean questions like 'what do you want for supper'????

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » July 15, 2019, 6:46 pm

Frankly, I think this thread should be deleted. A lot of the posts are not challenging, they are quite offensive. Neither my current Thai wife nor my ex of 28 years share all intellectual subjects that interest me. Both possess qualities in some aspects of life that are vastly better than myself. Neither is inferior to me.

So a great big fat 'So What'
I am independently poor

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 15, 2019, 9:20 pm

Actually directions are cultural and my wife hates asking for that simple reason it's not about how clever you are it's about not losing face. We have asked countless times directions only to find they were wrong but so as not to lose face the person would give u directions to sonewhere. Been fun at times but sat nav now our friend but I'm only talking about directions as I can have many good discussions with wife and friends

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”