Maxxis Tires

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Maxxis Tires

Post by Charlieb » May 31, 2017, 4:24 pm

Any experience with these tires? Are they worth having?

I am leaning more toward BF Goodrich but seems a good price for Maxxis

Hoopoe
udonmap.com

Re: Maxxis Tires

Post by Hoopoe » May 31, 2017, 4:58 pm

I put Maxis 700 AT on my pre runner , best thing i ever did , sticks like the preverbial ---- to a blanket , far better than the original Bridgestone , BUT the Bridgestone were still tread wise after 9 year's , the Maxis are a softer compound ,hence the road holding , & no Squeals going round corners , time will tell on how long they last ,

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » May 31, 2017, 6:44 pm

Maxxis are Good, But Michelin are THE Best, I've had Michelin's on my G-Wagon now for about 8 Years approx 65,000 kms & The Tread is still Excellent....

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » May 31, 2017, 9:04 pm

747man wrote:Maxxis are Good, But Michelin are THE Best,
I agree... Maxxis have been on the market in Europe for well over a decade and are a decent tyre for the price you pay, but with the wet season approaching, Im happy to have Michelin tyres on my bike... well worth the extra expense.
Charlieb wrote:I am leaning more toward BF Goodrich but seems a good price for Maxxis
I have used BF Goodrich in UK years ago... Crap! especially in wet conditions. I would choose the Maxxis over them.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 31, 2017, 9:39 pm

Pirelli or Avon for grip, nice and soft, Michelin to hard.

Stevo
udonmap.com

Post by Stevo » May 31, 2017, 9:49 pm

Michelin Pilot Sport too hard?
I think not!

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 1, 2017, 6:27 am

Stevo wrote:Michelin Pilot Sport too hard?
I think not!
Only 17" so no good for me.

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » June 1, 2017, 10:21 am

I bought Maxxis tyres 2 weeks ago beside the old tesco buy 3 get 1 free. They have 4 year warranty and hold the road well in all conditions. Shop even adjusted the tracking FOC paid about 7500 including break check and adjustment

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » June 1, 2017, 11:44 am

I had Maxxis on my new Chev SUV years ago,

Had a blow out on the KK ring road and kept control luckily

the tyre had blown out on the side wall and Chev and Maxxis rejected any claim, so i asked, if i had been shot at !! WTF

Reviewed all the remaining tyres in the presence of the Chev Service Manager and Maxxis rep including the spare and all 4 had small aneurysms on the side walls !!!

Chev shat themselves and took them all off and replaced the lot.

Never again

had Continental on my last car and switched over to Michelin 1/3 of the cost and available in Udon for the profiles i have .

TAXIfor7/11
udonmap.com

Post by TAXIfor7/11 » June 1, 2017, 11:54 am

i replaced 4 tyres a few months ago at the maxxis shop well happy with them good price and service,the main guy spoke english,couldn,t do enough for us wheels balanced,tracking done , told us to come back after so many kilometres and he would,swap/ rotate the wheels over no charge,if your coming from nong khai to udon its on your left just before the main lights near the old tesco,
Last edited by TAXIfor7/11 on June 1, 2017, 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » June 1, 2017, 11:56 am

Got Yokohama's on our car, bit expensive but top quality when it comes to traction and road noise.
Just watched the replay Wazza....

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » June 1, 2017, 1:34 pm

Just ordered Michelin tires from Nan at BaanJig

He speaks English like a native and seems to be a good guy to deal with. He can get any tire you need and his prices are inline with others

I decided my Toyota Camry just would not look good with off brand tired. :-)(

minimiglia
udonmap.com

Post by minimiglia » June 1, 2017, 8:05 pm

Maxxis are good tyres at the correct price and are just as good as all the other brands, they have a saloon car championship in the uK and all have to use Maxxis tyres, no problems.

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » June 1, 2017, 8:41 pm

I've done 180k on mine and only got two eggs in each wall and more cloth showing than a bishops robe.absolutely crap in the wet and go round a corner like a weeble.great for doughnuts though.keep saying I'll treat it to some second or third handed but after a few changpanes it handles like a dream.

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 18, 2019, 9:26 am

Will buy new tyres this or next week.
Have a few brands I want to look at to suit my 2015 Isuzu Highlander.
Any help on a location for these brands. One location or many locations . Will cruise around and choose.

Have never considered Maxxis. Spotted shop on the KK road.
Bridgestone, on the car since new, just on 80,000, plenty left but they are deteriorating slowly and now squeal doing Uees. Have spotted the shop coming in on the KK road.
Yokohama’s, had these on 4WDs in Australia. Good tyre with the correct compound. Lots of large Yokohama signs and shops around.
BF Goodrich, still on the fence with these. Read well in some reviews. Haven’t seen a shop.
Pirellis, High on my list. Haven’t seen a shop.
Any help appreciated.

mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » July 18, 2019, 10:12 am

I replaced my Michellin around 80.000km on clock as they were starting to dry out plenty thread left though
replaced them with new Michellin at the Mercedes/Michellin shop just past the Makro heading into town.
can't recommend them highly enough.
this was for a Mazda bt50 around 20,000baht includes wheel alignment balance and free rotation on tyres for the next 20,000km.
hope that helps the probably sell Pirellis to being linked to the Mercedes dealership. :D
very good service there too

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » July 18, 2019, 10:42 am

It seems like most everyone equates how many kilometers to the quality of the tires. This is a mistake. I had Bridgestone tires on a pickup truck with 90,000 kilometers on them and they still had decent tread. One day on wet roads, I nearly had an accident. It felt like I was on an icy road. The next day I was at a tire dealer. I replaced those tires with Dunlops. It actually felt like I was driving a new truck. I have also bought a number of Maxxis tires and they do seem safer with a softer rubber compound. It's a dangerous thing to chose long wearing tires to safer tires. There are tire testing people out there who test tires for wet road and stopping performance. It is worth some research to find safer tires even if they don't wear as well.

An old German guy at the tire store was really giving me hell for running the tires for too many years. He said that anyone who runs the same set of tires for longer than three years doesn't care about people's safety. I have to say that he did irritate me and I don't totally agree with the three year rule. When you are making a tight U turn on wet roads and you can feel the back end trying to slide out from under you, that's a sign that you tires are no longer safe.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 18, 2019, 11:32 am

An old German guy at the tire store was really giving me hell for running the tires for too many years. He said that anyone who runs the same set of tires for longer than three years doesn't care about people's safety.

Well IF I Go there I'd Better wear Me Tin Hat,My Michelins are 9 Years Old now & Done about 60,000 kms STILL Have Loads of Tread on 'Em, I DO Care about Safety Hence I Drive a Little SLOWER Now !!

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » July 18, 2019, 1:14 pm

747man wrote:
July 18, 2019, 11:32 am
An old German guy at the tire store was really giving me hell for running the tires for too many years. He said that anyone who runs the same set of tires for longer than three years doesn't care about people's safety.

Well IF I Go there I'd Better wear Me Tin Hat,My Michelins are 9 Years Old now & Done about 60,000 kms STILL Have Loads of Tread on 'Em, I DO Care about Safety Hence I Drive a Little SLOWER Now !!
Alan, How old were they when they were nicked lol

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » July 18, 2019, 1:23 pm

dunroaming wrote:
July 18, 2019, 1:14 pm
747man wrote:
July 18, 2019, 11:32 am

Alan, How old were they when they were nicked lol
It Wasn't The Tyres that were " Nicked " Only The Rims.....I'm a Scouser..... :lol: :lol:

Return to “Travel & Transport”