donald gets the go ahead for THE WALL

World news discussion forum
yartims
udonmap.com

donald gets the go ahead for THE WALL

Post by yartims » July 27, 2019, 6:29 pm

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump ... l-11771489

Why you can trust Sky News

The US Supreme Court has given the go-ahead for Donald Trump to spend $2.5bn (£2bn) to build a section of wall on the southern border with Mexico.

The lower courts had frozen the cash but the court ruled by five votes to four that the US president will be able to progress with what was a major 2016 election campaign promise.

Mr Trump tweeted after the announcement: "Wow! Big VICTORY on the Wall. The United States Supreme Court overturns lower court injunction, allows Southern Border Wall to proceed. Big WIN for Border Security and the Rule of Law!"

the only good Tory is a lavatory

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Re: donald gets the go ahead for THE WALL

Post by Doodoo » July 27, 2019, 6:46 pm

Cost of Trump's US-Mexico border wall soars to $33 billion

So $2.5bn is not even one tenth and that $33 Billion was an estimate over a year ago in January 2018

OR
IKEA has a Border Wall at $9 Billion available
https://www.dezeen.com/2017/02/03/ikea- ... on-option/

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » July 27, 2019, 6:50 pm

Doodoo wrote:
July 27, 2019, 6:46 pm
Cost of Trump's US-Mexico border wall soars to $33 billion

So $2.5bn is not even one tenth and that $33 Billion was an estimate over a year ago in January 2018

OR
IKEA has a Border Wall at $9 Billion available
hqttps://www.dezeen.com/2017/02/03/ikea-mexico-b ... on-option/
Sweden won't let his black friend go so he won't go for that.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » July 27, 2019, 6:54 pm

Cost is irrelevant - Mexico is paying, don't forget. :roll:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 27, 2019, 7:26 pm

And pink floyd are building it ... hey teacher, leave that loon alone =;

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » July 28, 2019, 8:22 am

I guess someone did not actually pay attention to the ruling, the Supreme Court did not OK the spending on the wall. They ruled that the plaintiffs had no legal standing to sue to stop, thats all. If someone with legal standing, who I don't know, were to sue then it might be another story.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 28, 2019, 9:01 am

No legal standing means that it can not be stopped as there is no legal reason to do so. It is not because of who is trying to sue. Trump wins again and will continue to do so. When he is done as President of the U.S. I am going to ask him to come and fix Canada.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 28, 2019, 10:21 am

jai yen yen wrote:
July 28, 2019, 9:01 am
No legal standing means that it can not be stopped as there is no legal reason to do so. It is not because of who is trying to sue. Trump wins again and will continue to do so. When he is done as President of the U.S. I am going to ask him to come and fix Canada.
Well if Trump does come to Canada, ALL visible minorities will be considered less than Canadian, and made to feel unwelcome, but I guess if you don’t associate with any yourself, then it’s all good eh!

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 28, 2019, 10:41 am

No need to wait. One can always slip down to Washington State and live. Weather shoud be similar to the Island
If he does come be prepared for a BIG Change

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » July 28, 2019, 2:03 pm

Proud of my president -- make a nice change from the previous POS.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 28, 2019, 10:56 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 28, 2019, 10:21 am
jai yen yen wrote:
Well if Trump does come to Canada, ALL visible minorities will be considered less than Canadian, and made to feel unwelcome, but I guess if you don’t associate with any yourself, then it’s all good eh!
Trump has never said anything like that, legal immigrants are welcome and needed. Minorities are not targeted either. If you want to make a statement you should look at the facts, not the propoganda. Too many people are like barking dogs in a kennel. One starts barking then they all do, even if they do not know what they are barking about.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 28, 2019, 10:58 pm

Doodoo wrote:
July 28, 2019, 10:41 am

No need to wait. One can always slip down to Washington State and live. Weather shoud be similar to the Island
If he does come be prepared for a BIG Change
We need a big change and soon, our Prime minister is destroying Canada.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 29, 2019, 6:57 am

jai yen yen wrote:
July 28, 2019, 10:56 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
Trump has never said anything like that, legal immigrants are welcome and needed. Minorities are not targeted either. If you want to make a statement you should look at the facts, not the propoganda. Too many people are like barking dogs in a kennel. One starts barking then they all do, even if they do not know what they are barking about.
You know full well what his statements imply, and so does he. If you don't think his words are racially divisive, then you are living in a different reality. Legal White immigrants, like from Norway, are preferred.

PS If you know any (legal) visible minorities, why not ask them if they would feel less welcome and secure in Canada, if Trump took over.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » July 29, 2019, 1:45 pm

given the "flushing down the toilet" aspect of government contracts it remains to be seen how quickly and how much "wall" will be constructed from the 2.5 billion... The SCOTUS ruling released the funding for wall construction, it doesn't impede the many groups still fighting tooth and nail through Environmental Impact Assessments and other means to stop the construction.. All the product of Trump Derangement Syndrome.
Dave

Wide Awake
udonmap.com

Post by Wide Awake » July 29, 2019, 2:09 pm

When the Wall is completed, then those still trapped inside the US, will never be able to get out.
Just sayin'.......

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » July 29, 2019, 3:15 pm

its to keep the drugs out really..arizona has just 1 piece of ancient barbed wire which they hop over with backpacks of drugs
the only good Tory is a lavatory

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » July 29, 2019, 4:55 pm

(January 2017 figures)As far as cost goes,Trump has cited a $10 billion estimate that was given to him during the campaign by the National Precast Concrete Association. That comes to about $7.4 million per mile.

"We're pretty confident in that figure," said Ty Gable, president of the industry trade group. "But there are a lot of variables. It depends on factors like terrain, how level the land is, whether you can get a crane in there."

By comparison it only costs about $3 million to build a mile of a typical two-lane road. So for $10 billion you could build a road roughly from Seattle to Miami.

July 2019 Costs estimated at $33 Billion 3.3 Times of original estimate Man you sure could buy alot of $2 Hot Dogs, or over 8,000,000 brand new cars helping all Americans.
Plus they estimate $750,000,000 to $1 Billion a year for Maintenance

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 29, 2019, 10:04 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
July 29, 2019, 6:57 am
jai yen yen wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
You know full well what his statements imply, and so does he. If you don't think his words are racially divisive, then you are living in a different reality. Legal White immigrants, like from Norway, are preferred.

PS If you know any (legal) visible minorities, why not ask them if they would feel less welcome and secure in Canada, if Trump took over.
Like many others you are saying what you want to believe, not the facts.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » July 30, 2019, 5:11 am

jai yen yen wrote:
July 29, 2019, 10:04 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:

As far as legal visible minorities go my Thai wife would qualify and she thinks Trump is great.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » July 30, 2019, 8:29 am

jai yen yen wrote:
July 30, 2019, 5:11 am
jai yen yen wrote:
July 29, 2019, 10:04 pm
newtovillagelife wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:
newtovillagelife wrote:
jai yen yen wrote:

As far as legal visible minorities go my Thai wife would qualify and she thinks Trump is great.
Sorry guy, that doesn't count, and you know it. Being married to a white guy gives them that false heir of superiority, and security. Don't you know anyone else????

Return to “World News”