And yet ANOTHER mass shooting in the US

World news discussion forum
saint
udonmap.com

Re: And yet ANOTHER mass shooting in the US

Post by saint » August 5, 2019, 7:41 am

Is it just me , or does anyone else find some of the comments on this thread disgusting ?
To use these tragedies to score a few points from another who has differing political views is just sad .
We should be better than that .
Innocent men , women , and children are dead . Show some respect .
Nows not the time to point the finger !!!!!!!!

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » August 5, 2019, 7:50 am

now is exactly the right time to point the finger, but agree that posts from two self confessed racists are truly disgusting
I am independently poor

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 5, 2019, 7:57 am

Guns don't kill...people do! What we need is more people carrying concealed weapons to protect us against these psychos. If someone in Walmart had been carrying this morning, this guy wouldn't have gotten very far with his slaughter. US civilians own nearly 400 million guns,

Semperfiguy
Can you please tell us the last time a patriotic civilian "carrying" managed to stop one of these massacres. Its not the normal handguns that are the problem (though in Scotland's Dunblane case it was) it is these semi automatic military style longs that are almost 100% behind these atrocities. These need to be removed from public circulation.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 5, 2019, 8:02 am

saint wrote:
August 5, 2019, 7:41 am
Is it just me , or does anyone else find some of the comments on this thread disgusting ?
To use these tragedies to score a few points from another who has differing political views is just sad .
We should be better than that .
Innocent men , women , and children are dead . Show some respect .
Nows not the time to point the finger !!!!!!!!
What's disgusting is the nonchalant attitude, taken by the US, over mass shootings. All will be forgotten in a week.

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » August 5, 2019, 9:11 am

"It's too early to politicise this tragedy while our thoughts and prayers....blah, blah, blah"

Code words for "we must avoid at all costs talking about gun control"

or 'OMG it was another white supremacy nut, if it was a terrorist we would do something, whoops it is a terrorist, but hell he is supporting the 2nd"
I am independently poor

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » August 5, 2019, 10:38 am

Just sayin'
Attachments
guns4.jpg
guns3.jpg
guns1.jpg
guns.jpg
Last edited by semperfiguy on August 5, 2019, 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » August 5, 2019, 10:51 am

semperfiguy wrote:
August 5, 2019, 10:38 am
Just sayin'
Dear me, Deary, Deary me. And if you are wondering, it's what my auld Scottish mother would say instead of FFS what chemicals are you on.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 5, 2019, 11:02 am

NORTH AMERICA40 minutes ago
Damning list exposes country’s chaos
A viral Twitter post highlights America's huge gun problem. Most people are lost for words in the wake of two deadly mass shootings in 24 hours, but this American needed few words to make a stark point.

Mr Edwards’ simple but powerful message quickly went viral, being shared more than 340,000 times and receiving thousands of comments.

Keith Edwards
@keithedwards
2019 mass shootings:

🇦🇹 0
🇩🇰 0
🇫🇮 0
🇩🇪 0
🇮🇹 0
🇮🇪 0
🇱🇺 0
🇨🇭 0
🇬🇧 0
🇭🇺 0
🇪🇸 0
🇵🇹 0
🇸🇬 0
🇸🇦 0
🇧🇪 0
🇸🇪 0
🇦🇺 0
🇫🇷 0
🇳🇿 1
🇳🇱 1
🇧🇷 1
🇨🇦 1
🇲🇽 3
🇺🇸 249

Another highlighted the frequency with which mass shootings now occur in the US, writing: “Statistically the next one will occur 2 days from now in America.”

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 5, 2019, 11:28 am

I see Trump saying there is no place in America for hatred , yet he seemed to win the election on the hatred and fear ticket .
I also see Mexico getting upset about its murdered citizens , saying they should be better protected .
Give me a break , i mean Mexico isnt exactly the safest country on the planet , is it .
Everyone is trying to get their bit of mileage out of these tragedies . Sickening .

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » August 5, 2019, 11:55 am

5c9423daa3104842e4a485f2.jpeg
semperfiguy wrote:
Just sayin'
54354237_272838660303079_642009303647413-1.jpg
54525390_1252836258224353_32271099207929-1.jpg

thaiguzzi
udonmap.com

Post by thaiguzzi » August 5, 2019, 11:56 am

10325505_644423845644337_399177860058887-1.jpg

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » August 5, 2019, 11:59 am

[quote=semperfiguy post_id=550411 time=1564976313 user_id=20643]
Just sayin'
[/quote]

THE PROBLEM IS NOT GUNS…
I would say guns are part of the problems, but as you say other factors help create this explosive situation.

IT S HEARTS WITHOUT GOD… it s selfishness, look at Mr Edwards post and you will notice that many countries do NOT preach God. It s hearts filled with superiority complex, hearts filled with animosity towards everyone outside our own little circle, it s hearts filled with fear of the others, it s hearts filled the daily venom spewed by the propaganda from the very top. It s the bullying attitude, i am the best , the greatest therefore i am entitled to KILL, etc...
I could wipe out a country from the face of this world, kind of attitude.

HOMES WITHOUT DISCIPLINE … easy to say but that does not identify the root of the problem. The USA government, especially the REPUBLICANS, cut in social spending. When a family , when a father, when a mother, or both father and mother must take on 2 jobs to feed their family, they are away from the home, discipline will suffer, proper diet will suffer, proper supervision will suffer, proper home schooling will suffer.

SCHOOLS WITHOUT PRAYERS …
The problem is lack of intelligent schooling, again the school funding has been cut to the bare bone by the REPUBLICANS, year after year , so much so that REPUBLICANS were demanding tax hikes to properly pay the teachers. Replace Prayers by ETHICS , teach ethics – what is right what is wrong – people will develop a sense of fairness and justice. Try Japan for instance, ETHICS is taught at a very young age, ask any primary school student what he-she would do upon finding a wallet on the train. Etc.

COURTROOMS WITHOUT JUSTICE ….
Yes << COURTROOMS WITHOUT JUSTICE >> is a TRADEMARK of the USA, no justice for the poor, tax breaks for the rich.
A court system, including the SUPREME COURT, having been made a tool of the oppressor… Justice in the USA, as in this country is a joke.

Just saying….

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 5, 2019, 12:03 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
Just sayin'
Pathetic analogy.

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » August 5, 2019, 2:13 pm

Statements from experienced clinical psychiatrists are in order.

Mass shooters believe their lives are empty and worthless and take revenge. Can parents apply remedial practices to correct or mitigate their children's loss of a sense of self worth? Can potential mass murders and suicidal people be identified and treated? This is part of solving the problem of these needless deaths and mayhem.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 5, 2019, 2:20 pm

I suspect this problem is going to get worse before it gets better. I think the US is sliding along a downhill slope on this one.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 5, 2019, 2:53 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
August 5, 2019, 6:34 am

Why do you voluntarily live in a country ruled by, and populated with nonwhites, your Aryan brothers and sisters would be ashamed of you, and call you a coward. Why not stick with your own kind??
Do you understand the difference between legal status and race? It's always about color with you, isn't it?
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 5, 2019, 4:31 pm

GT93 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 2:20 pm
I suspect this problem is going to get worse before it gets better. I think the US is sliding along a downhill slope on this one.
Particularly when you have an openly divisive president, who is happy to dog whistle social issues such as racism, immigration and religious intolerance to appeal to his target audience. :?

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » August 5, 2019, 4:37 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 4:31 pm
GT93 wrote:
August 5, 2019, 2:20 pm
Particularly when you have an openly divisive president, who is happy to dog whistle social issues such as racism, immigration and religious intolerance to appeal to his target audience. :?
Please educate the ignorant. Is President Trump for or against the cited issues?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 5, 2019, 5:40 pm

TJ wrote:
August 5, 2019, 2:13 pm
Statements from experienced clinical psychiatrists are in order.

Mass shooters believe their lives are empty and worthless and take revenge. Can parents apply remedial practices to correct or mitigate their children's loss of a sense of self worth? Can potential mass murders and suicidal people be identified and treated? This is part of solving the problem of these needless deaths and mayhem.
Mental health will never be given enough resources to do that. I suspect an algorithm run on our internet use might be capable of picking many of the losers who might be at risk of going postal. But that's too much big brother. Other countries seem to manage this risk without having to do that.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Essex
udonmap.com

Post by Essex » August 5, 2019, 7:28 pm

Supporters on this Forum like Giggle and semperfiguy don't even understand their own constitution. They support a distorted view of the second amendment as a right to bear arms, whereas the second amendment DOES NOT bestow any such right.

The wording is very specific “A well-regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Gun owner overwhelmingly are not members of any 'well organised' militia. These murderous idiots in El Paso and Dayton were not members of any 'well organised' militia. They should never have had guns. The NRA has distorted the Second Amendment and gutless politicians lack the intestinal fortitude to make a moral stance and end this gun insanity.
I am independently poor

Return to “World News”