U.S. Politics

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: U.S. - Foreign Trade

Post by Lone Star » August 5, 2019, 9:07 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
August 5, 2019, 6:54 pm
Down the market goes, good job Trump looks like your trade efforts are going to backfire. Time to kiss some Chinese Ass.
You seem to respond to these things in panic -- as if you don't have much experience watching the markets. 500 points is about 2%. That's not a crash and not even a major correction. We're only 2 hours into the trading day, and you're ready to capitulate.

The tariffs are 3 weeks away.

US market drivers are still strong. This trade squabble isn't going to collapse the economy, but you can keep wishing if you like.

I'm not even breaking a sweat.

Relax.

AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Lone Star News *Trigger Warning*

Post by Lone Star » August 5, 2019, 9:25 pm

3088_n.jpg

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 6, 2019, 12:59 am

glalt wrote:
August 5, 2019, 2:50 pm
I'm surprised that a business owner would spread stories on a public forum . . . . .
forum(s) yes , the making up of false allegations was being discussed on the other forum. that just doesn't fly . and this character does it frequently :(

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 6, 2019, 1:20 am

I think it's a valuable reminder that bars and sois are public spaces and others can see how we are behaving. Observers are under no obligation to keep mum. In fact in many circumstances the more decent citizen might report what is happening (e.g. socially harmful behaviour such as pushing illicit drugs, trying to start fights etc). If I knew a farang who often hung out in sleazy bars was dating a family member or a Thai friend, I'd feel free to caution the family member or friend about the farang. Som nam na.

I saw no clear outcome from the incident under discussion. For me not enough evidence to safely draw conclusions.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 6, 2019, 1:45 am

were not just talking about the bar. there are
multiple instances of this particular business
owner " making up stories" just so we're clear

and as is your habit gt93, to slag off the local
expats. I'm not sure your opinion has weight.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Re: Democrats, Republicans and Elections

Post by mech_401 » August 6, 2019, 1:59 am

*phew* i for one am thankful we have all these
non-yank experts on financial policy and what our
president " thinks". gleaned from pgs of teen beat

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 6, 2019, 3:00 am

Trump with his big mouthing about just about anything in effect invites comments from all and sundry.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 6, 2019, 3:17 am

translation= I wanna talk smack all day about politics,when I'm not slagging off udon expats
as slovenly, dirty creatures who live at bar :-&

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 6, 2019, 3:26 am

Your words not mine. I don't think it's wholesome for a farang in Thailand to be at a bar every day (your "live at a bar"). My thoughts are the same for a farang in farangland. I doubt many readers of this forum, if any at all, are doing that.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 6, 2019, 3:29 am

no , that's pretty much the consistent theme of
your posts, over and over again. you must of had
some really bad experiences, when actually here

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 6, 2019, 3:40 am

Not at all. For the little that it's worth, it's my impression that tourists are responsible for more sleaze than ex-pats. Many ex-pats are paired off focusing on their domestic lives. They aren't off the leash as much as tourists.

American politics. This thread is about American politics.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 6, 2019, 5:13 am

mech_401 wrote:
August 6, 2019, 1:45 am
were not just talking about the bar. there are
multiple instances of this particular business
owner " making up stories" just so we're clear

and as is your habit gt93, to slag off the local
expats. I'm not sure your opinion has weight.
I've learned 3 very informative and enlightening things here.

1. Despite a disagreement in the past, mech_401 puts any bias aside that he may have had toward me and speaks what he knows to be a pattern of story telling by the bar owner spewing slander in my direction. In fact, the past disagreement between us may have begun over comments made by the bar owner in question. I only mention it because it takes a standup guy to put all that aside and speak truth. You're a standup guy, mech_401. You provided information here of which I was not aware. Sincerely, thank you! I appreciate it.

-----

2. The merchant who slandered me is known to others habitually "making up stories". I didn't know that. I haven't seen him or frequented any of his businesses for at least 5 or 6 years -- or more. I'm even more glad that I stood up to him and his nonsense lies, defended myself and put it all out there. The truth shall set you free.

-----

3. However, the obvious point of my defense and rebuke of the slander is lost on at least one of the habitually intellectually weak slaggers. I have always ignored him and will continue to do so. However, I'll make the following points.

No one should have to fear a merchant ratting them out, lying about them and slandering them on a public forum.

The fact that this slagger seems to be fine with "telling tales" about anyone, if they make the mistake of being in public, says quite a bit about the slagger's propensity toward gossip, rumor and drama. It's good to know who believes that innuendo, slander, ratting you out and lies are okay if you make the mistake of being in a public place. Your own fault for being in public, right? nonsense. It's not okay. No one deserves that crap.

I have nothing to hide. I don't fear truth, but I do loathe drama queens and sh*t-stirrers who feel it's their duty to create drama for others just for the sake of drama. I steer clear of toxic people like "the slagger".

It's true what they say. "The IGNORANT are IGNORANT of their IGNORANCE."

-----

mech_401, sincerely, thanks again for sharing what you know.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 6, 2019, 5:18 am

Dr. Carol Swain, great patriot and colleague, gives everyone a lesson on Democrats. I'm sure it will be eye-opening to those who lap up the mainstream media bullshiggity.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 6, 2019, 5:31 am

Just curious ...

How many other forum members think that today's UK is totalitarian and ruled solely by a monarchy? How many other forum members recall the Johnson cabinet being in power during the American Revolution? How many other people totally ignored my comments about some monarchies trying to fair and equitable to its citizens? How many other people thought I was talking about overthrowing any monarchies?

These are actually meant to be rhetorical questions because none of that was part of my post on monarchies.

Just wondering ...

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by Lone Star » August 6, 2019, 5:56 am

Fake News at it again.

GET TRUMP BECAUSE TRUMP.

CNN has been reporting that Trump ended a gun-control rule that would have kept guns away from the mentally ill. It's a damn lie. CNN anchors Poppy Harlow and John Avlon made the claim after the Dayton/El Paso shootings. They claimed that Trump "eliminated a proposed Obama-era regulation that would keep firearms out of the hands of the ‘mentally ill.'”

The portion of the regulation that Trump eliminated had to do only with Obama's Social Security gun ban. Obama's regulation caused SS recipients to forfeit gun ownership if they needed third party help with finances. Trump's repeal took place in February 2017.

NBC and CNN have both mischaracterized this in order to GET TRUMP.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 6, 2019, 6:09 am

ISIS still trying to reorganize.

UN investigators reported to the UN Security Council that ISIS is trying to have an "eventual resurgence in its Iraqi and Syrian heartlands.”

AP report:
The panel of experts said in a report to the Security Council this week that the process is more advanced in Iraq, where IS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi and most of the militant group’s leadership are now based following the fall of the so-called “caliphate” that he declared in the two neighboring countries.

In Syria, where the last IS stronghold was toppled in March, the IS covert network is spreading and sleeper cells are being established at the provincial level, mirroring what has been happening in Iraq since 2017, the report said.
Defense Department sources claim that there is evidence that Turkey is assisting ISIS in this endeavor for ISIS to act as proxies to attack the Kurds on Turkey's southern border. Turkey has had long-running feuds with the Kurds and has attempted to control a 20 mile buffer zone.

Turkey enabling ISIS will further destabilize the region, and if it's true, shows that Turkey is still not a reliable NATO ally.

Turkey, Russia and Iran will hold joint meetings soon to discuss the future of Syria.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Re: Will Trump make the Grade.

Post by newtovillagelife » August 6, 2019, 6:31 am

Lone Star wrote:
August 5, 2019, 8:51 pm

Another record!

Over 19.4 million Black Americans in the workforce!

That damn racist Trump.

Main Street STEADY WINNING.
An increase in Black employment, does not excuse Trump from being a racist. He just wants them off welfare and food stamps.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 6, 2019, 6:36 am

My bet is MECH_401 and Lone Star are one and the same.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 6, 2019, 6:42 am

nope , believe it or not , i was never a big LS fan
we've had our differences. but this making up
accusations out of thin air nonsense is bollox :confused:
Last edited by mech_401 on August 6, 2019, 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 6, 2019, 6:44 am

newtovillagelife wrote:
August 6, 2019, 6:36 am
My bet is MECH_401 and Lone Star are one and the same.
I must be one of the most intimidating MFers you've ever run across for you to be so consumed with ME.

You're hysterical.

Return to “U.S. Politics”