Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

General Udon Thani topics only!
RLTrader
udonmap.com

Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by RLTrader » August 5, 2019, 5:28 pm

Seems to be a lot of Sales from people leaving Thailand?
Have not checked other forms, but this site seems to have a lot of "leaving sales"? Beating the rush?

Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: Seems to be a lot of people leaving Thailand?

Post by Giggle » August 5, 2019, 5:30 pm

No, no, no. It's all glorious and fabulous. I saw a red license plate today!
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 5, 2019, 6:26 pm

Yes, there's a lot of people selling up and leaving. But I think there's a lot more people that are still just talking about the reasons why they want to leave.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 6, 2019, 1:19 am

houses , cars , motorbikes , you're not exaggerating. but I also think the reasons
are many and varied people are moving :-s

Marcosteffano
udonmap.com

Post by Marcosteffano » August 6, 2019, 2:37 am

I've come back to the uk 4 months ago,was only going to stay here for 3-6 months working and seeing my family and to get out of the heat.its been 100% trip so far.food and beer are super cheap and of super quality.ive got work 7 days a week if I want it and good pay....now I was thinking of staying here until Xmas but what with the baht I'm not coming back until song kram or even longer.if I do come back to Thailand early it'll be to sell the house cheap and move the cash back here but as we know it takes a long time to sell in Thailand.funny that one.i can't work out why Thailands economy is booming and it takes years to sell a property and everyone around my village don't seem to be working where as the uk economy is all doom and gloom but I sold my house in 10 minutes and everyone seems to be working and has money.
It's just under 4 months and I've seen the pound lose 5 baht and it's not over yet.its hard for some people to admit but Thailand isn't the Thailand they fell in love with which includes me.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 6, 2019, 6:09 pm

mech_401 wrote:
August 6, 2019, 1:19 am
houses , cars , motorbikes , you're not exaggerating. but I also think the reasons
are many and varied people are moving :-s
maybe true, but after following ad's for 15+ years, don't remember seeing this much. Its all downhill from here on to the end of the year and beyond maybe 2 or 3 months.

Bargains for those staying.

yartims
udonmap.com

Post by yartims » August 6, 2019, 7:29 pm

following stickyman ?
the only good Tory is a lavatory

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » August 6, 2019, 8:02 pm

yartims wrote:
August 6, 2019, 7:29 pm
following stickyman ?
Who?

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » August 6, 2019, 10:36 pm

Marcosteffano wrote:
August 6, 2019, 2:37 am
I've come back to the uk 4 months ago,was only going to stay here for 3-6 months working and seeing my family and to get out of the heat.its been 100% trip so far.food and beer are super cheap and of super quality.ive got work 7 days a week if I want it and good pay....now I was thinking of staying here until Xmas but what with the baht I'm not coming back until song kram or even longer.if I do come back to Thailand early it'll be to sell the house cheap and move the cash back here but as we know it takes a long time to sell in Thailand.funny that one.i can't work out why Thailands economy is booming and it takes years to sell a property and everyone around my village don't seem to be working where as the uk economy is all doom and gloom but I sold my house in 10 minutes and everyone seems to be working and has money.
It's just under 4 months and I've seen the pound lose 5 baht and it's not over yet.its hard for some people to admit but Thailand isn't the Thailand they fell in love with which includes me.
What you say is true, I have been back in Canada for awhile now and feel the same. My friends in Thailand have been trying to sell their houses for years and many want to leave. The Thailand I fell in love with was back in 2003 and it definately is not the same now. Some may like it still and that is fine if it works for you. I would still be there if country was the same as it was back in 2003.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 7, 2019, 2:00 am

Marcosteffano wrote:
Surprised you don't know, most Thais won't buy second hand. They would rather by a new home, only Falangs settle for used..

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 7, 2019, 5:16 am

Giggle wrote:
August 5, 2019, 5:30 pm
No, no, no. It's all glorious and fabulous. I saw a red license plate today!
Me too , but it was on a nice V8 Mercedes from BKK so doesnt count . !!!

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 7, 2019, 5:19 am

jai yen yen wrote:
August 6, 2019, 10:36 pm
Marcosteffano wrote:
What you say is true, I have been back in Canada for awhile now and feel the same. My friends in Thailand have been trying to sell their houses for years and many want to leave. The Thailand I fell in love with was back in 2003 and it definately is not the same now. Some may like it still and that is fine if it works for you. I would still be there if country was the same as it was back in 2003.
Can you name a country that is the same as it was in 2003 ? Not a trick question , just wondering . :-k

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » August 7, 2019, 5:33 am

saint wrote:
August 7, 2019, 5:19 am
jai yen yen wrote:
August 6, 2019, 10:36 pm
Marcosteffano wrote:
Can you name a country that is the same as it was in 2003 ? Not a trick question , just wondering . :-k
No I can not, everything changes it is just the changes in Thailand took away my reasons for being there. It has changed in my small community in Canada as well but the basic things we enjoy are still here.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 7, 2019, 6:58 am

Canada

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”