And yet ANOTHER mass shooting in the US

World news discussion forum
Giggle
udonmap.com

Re: And yet ANOTHER mass shooting in the US

Post by Giggle » August 7, 2019, 3:09 pm

The odds of getting killed by nearly any other means, even lightening strikes, is higher.

Are these benevolent journalists warning of that potential? Nah, didn't think so. The issue is emotionally charged and highly irrational. A perfect storm for panty-waist lefty snowflakes and hand-wringing, nail-biting, faux-concerned white knights.

Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 7, 2019, 3:42 pm

and the meth infested , streetwalker riddled cities
of new Zealand ( gt93 country) is a better place?
you really need to get a life mate outside of trolling

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 7, 2019, 4:17 pm

I'm not aware of evidence that New Zealand is a champion at meth consumption and street walking. Meth is, however, a serious problem here.

This thread is about mass shootings in the US. It's relevant to look at how the shootings might affect international perceptions of the US. You're welcome to create threads on New Zealand.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 7, 2019, 4:24 pm

GT93 wrote:
August 7, 2019, 4:17 pm
You're welcome to create threads on New Zealand.
It'll never have legs. Americans aren't so insecure they have to constantly criticize others to bolster their self esteem.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 7, 2019, 5:17 pm

oh I see. its okay for you to say potus is a
rapist & serial sexual offender( thats all fine)
but me posting facts about your country isn't?
hypocrite, just wants to makeupstuff to slag off

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 7, 2019, 5:39 pm

You're welcome to post about my country. Please do, even when you're feeling grumpy.

I'm just unable to confirm your description. I am happy to consider the evidence. It is what it is. If you're correct, then the position is more serious than I appreciated.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » August 7, 2019, 6:06 pm

mech_401 wrote:
August 7, 2019, 5:17 pm
oh I see. its okay for you to say potus is a
rapist & serial sexual offender( thats all fine)
but me posting facts about your country isn't?
hypocrite, just wants to makeupstuff to slag off
Man it’s just the country you happen to be born in. I criticize Canada, and it’s leadership all the time. There is always room for improvement. I don’t hold blind loyalty to any nation.

If you Revere the US so much, why on Earth aren't you living there??? Not very Patriotic of you!!!!

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 7, 2019, 8:57 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
August 7, 2019, 6:06 pm
Man it’s just the country you happen to be born in.
thats right? and what, now youre saying if i travel
that makes me . . . what? unamerican?
this is like you lecturing on foreign trade or discussing currency valuation? youre clueless

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 8, 2019, 8:24 am

Yes, I too can be critical of my country and its leadership. I didn't vote for the current Prime Minister and may not next time. I don't like some of the things she has done but her government's policies are in my view completely acceptable in our democracy. I also like some of the things she has done. When needed, she can act as a unifier very well.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 8, 2019, 9:29 am

Seems this thread is mimicking what seems to happen in America every time there is a shooting ..... few hours of people making sensible comments about banning guns followed by a few hours of denial that theres a problem followed by attacking everyone not being a member of NRA, followed by no gun control (some f*ckwit on US TV said that he wouldnt vote to ban guns that shoot 100 rounds at a time because they were "popular" =; ) followed by picking on other countries, other people, and other topicsl to avoid the facts until the next shooting [-X [-X [-X

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 8, 2019, 10:25 am

actually , a few yanks came out and agreed it was time to ban guns. then a brit , unaware his own country has record #'s of acid attacks & knife
crime , wants to lecture on morality? please [-X
talk about being in denial& focusing on others

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 8, 2019, 11:34 am

We're discussing public policy more than morality. No one is asserting mass shootings are ethically good actions. They're awful.

By all means start a thread on knife crime and another on acid attacks. They might have strong legs. They might not.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » August 8, 2019, 11:37 am

It'll never have legs. Americans aren't so insecure they have to constantly criticize others to bolster their self esteem.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 8, 2019, 11:39 am

as was already pointed out . ive yet to see a yank
on here crass enough to bleat on for months over
another countrys policies. were not like you gt93

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 8, 2019, 12:34 pm

In my 10 years on the Map I've appreciated reading posts from many Americans on Thai government policies and on the policies of say other governments in Asia. These posts appear practically daily.

mech_401
udonmap.com

Post by mech_401 » August 8, 2019, 1:07 pm

i think your mom has sandwiches & cookies ready
6500 miles away its just a guess. maybe some
milk with that would be good. enjoy the repast

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 9, 2019, 11:46 am

Mass shootings. We're focusing on the truly terrible problem that the US has with frequent mass shootings and not my allegedly poor eating habits.

The great meddler, Putin, presumably thinks any money or support he can throw the NRA's way is money well spent indeed.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » August 9, 2019, 12:09 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
August 8, 2019, 9:29 am
Seems this thread is mimicking what seems to happen in America every time there is a shooting ..... few hours of people making sensible comments about banning guns followed by a few hours of denial that theres a problem followed by attacking everyone not being a member of NRA, followed by no gun control (some f*ckwit on US TV said that he wouldnt vote to ban guns that shoot 100 rounds at a time because they were "popular" =; ) followed by picking on other countries, other people, and other topicsl to avoid the facts until the next shooting [-X [-X [-X
I have been a hunter all my life, still do hunt and I own several rifles and shotguns. It is legal to hunt and I would not want guns banned, the honest sane people should not have to suffer because of some sick fools. Deal with the problem and guns are not the problem.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » August 9, 2019, 12:16 pm

jai yen yen wrote:
August 9, 2019, 12:09 pm
stattointhailand wrote:
August 8, 2019, 9:29 am
I have been a hunter all my life, still do hunt and I own several rifles and shotguns. It is legal to hunt and I would not want guns banned, the honest sane people should not have to suffer because of some sick fools. Deal with the problem and guns are not the problem.
" I have been a hunter all my life, still do hunt and I own several rifles and shotguns. It is legal to hunt and I would not want guns banned, the honest sane people should not have to suffer because of some sick fools. Deal with the problem and guns are not the problem."

To be perfectly honest JYY, if you need a gun that shoots a hundred bullets at a time to go hunting, I really think it is time you looked for another pastime [-X [-X

BTW guns ARE the problem ......... no guns = no mass shootings ..... its impossible to shoot someone without guns
Last edited by stattointhailand on August 9, 2019, 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » August 9, 2019, 12:18 pm

... honest sane people ...
Honest sane people are dying in these mass shootings. In my view their life and death interests should easily trump hunters' thrills at whacking unarmed animals with military grade weapons.

Return to “World News”