Better Experience at Army Hospital Udon Thani

Looking for advise on hospitals, dentists and other health issues? Ask here.
Klaussi
udonmap.com

Better Experience at Army Hospital Udon Thani

Post by Klaussi » August 11, 2019, 3:55 pm

My wife (55+) is undergoing mammography every second year, in different hospitals in Udon Thani. After the bad experience in Udon Thani Hospital (see thread: Bad Experience in Udon Thani Hospital) we went the next day to the Army Hospital with the intention to only arrange for an appointment (not same day, but within next two weeks) for the mammography procedure (X-ray and ultrasonics) to be performed.
Went to the respective department at 9:30am. It turned out, same as in Udon Thani hospital, we have to see a doc prior to the mammo procedure and even prior to the appointment. (Why???). Waited 90 minutes, doc talked three minutes with my wife then we got an appointment date, stating 2nd of august. Only on one day within a week both docs, the X-ray and the ultrasonography ones are at the same time in hospital. OK.

Got a call on 28th of July, appointment delayed for one week. OK.

Went to the Army hospital on 9th of august, arrived at 7:45am and then it was miraculous: X-ray started at 8.10am, ultrasonics at 8:35am, report and Data-CD were ready at 9am! Wow! Unbelievable! :D

X-ray mammo is done digitally, with new GE equipment. Also the ultrasound equipment is up to date.
Will be back in two years.

By the way: the promised call from the complains department of Udon Thani hospital never realized. :(

Manxlad
udonmap.com

Re: Better Experience at Army Hospital Udon Thani

Post by Manxlad » August 12, 2019, 1:14 pm

My experiences with the army hospital are good, but be prepared to join the long queues especially on a Monday morning if you need to be seen by the duty doctor.
I have been advised by my U.K. ophthalmology dept to have regular twice yearly eye pressure testing to exclude glaucoma ( which they were concerned I may be starting with) so last week I was passing the army hospital around 2 pm and called in just to see if they could preform the test. Given a card at reception and told to go next door and level one to the eye clinic.
So ambled up there, waiting room totally empty and just a lady doctor and two nurses
Explained that I needed my pressures testing and nurse just pointed to sit down by machine she took the both eye pressures twice for both eyes and wrote it down on a piece of paper. I asked her where do I pay? They just smiled and said no charge! Wow... in and out in ten minutes and job done,
went to the nearest 7/11 and bought some chocolate and drinks for the three of them and took it back, big smiles all round and told next time just come straight up.
Fantastic service

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » August 13, 2019, 8:35 am

I dont think ive heard a bad report about the military hospital .
Which is a good thing , because its the nearest to my home , and i aint getting any younger

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » August 13, 2019, 4:54 pm

saint wrote:
August 13, 2019, 8:35 am
Which is a good thing , because its the nearest to my home , and i aint getting any younger

Saint, I'm all for using the Army Hospital for minor emergencies or check-ups, but don't go there if you have a heart problem because they are ill equipped to help you. Three years ago I pulled into the ER at 6:30 AM with a blood pressure of 225/125 and a heart rate of 150 thinking I was having a heart attack. The ER nurses were uncertain how to hook up the EKG machine and there was no doctor to be found. They finally located an intern who wanted to draw blood and check my cholesterol and asked if I could wait for 1.5 hours to get the results of my blood test. I jumped off the gurney, paid my bill and drove straight to the ER at Bangkok Hopital Udon. There they stabilized me and confined me to the Cardiac Care Unit for one night. They performed a host of tests on me and determined that I had an episode of atrial flutter, but I was home by noon the next day and have never had another problem with my heart. I lost 39 pounds in a matter of a few months and have kept it off, and all vital signs have been normal ever since and I am on zero meds except for a blood thinner to help avoid a stroke in the event it ever happens again. I could easily have had a stroke and died at the Army Hospital that morning, so don't gamble on going there if you ever have a heart emergency.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 13, 2019, 5:09 pm

saint wrote:
August 13, 2019, 8:35 am
I have heard that they have a great reputation for surgeries.

However, my lone experience with them wasn't a good one. I went there as kind of a test about 8 or 9 years ago for a minor ailment related to a gout attack (which I've only had occur about 4 times over 25 years). There was no longer any crystal pain, but the fluid remained on the joint. All I wanted was a cortisone shot to remove the swelling, which is what I had done in the US the three times it had previously occurred.

I spent a total of 1 1/2 days there. The first day was spent siting around -- from 9am to 3pm. Saw one doctor about 10am for 5 minutes, who then referred me to another doctor to make a final determination.

Went back the next day and sat around from 9am to 11am. Finally saw the doctor who could make the final determination. I wasn't in his office for longer than 2 minutes. In summary, he told me to go home and rest.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 13, 2019, 5:12 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
August 13, 2019, 4:54 pm
Saint, I'm all for using the Army Hospital for minor emergencies or check-ups, but don't go there if you have a heart problem because they are ill equipped to help you. Three years ago I pulled into the ER at 6:30 AM with a blood pressure of 225/125 and a heart rate of 150 thinking I was having a heart attack. The ER nurses were uncertain how to hook up the EKG machine and there was no doctor to be found. They finally located an intern who wanted to draw blood and check my cholesterol and asked if I could wait for 1.5 hours to get the results of my blood test. I jumped off the gurney, paid my bill and drove straight to the ER at Bangkok Hopital Udon. There they stabilized me and confined me to the Cardiac Care Unit for one night. They performed a host of tests on me and determined that I had an episode of atrial flutter, but I was home by noon the next day and have never had another problem with my heart. I lost 39 pounds in a matter of a few months and have kept it off, and all vital signs have been normal ever since and I am on zero meds except for a blood thinner to help avoid a stroke in the event it ever happens again. I could easily have had a stroke and died at the Army Hospital that morning, so don't gamble on going there if you ever have a heart emergency.
Thanks for sharing. Good to know.

I recently switched hospitals from AEK to BKK Udon, and I am very pleased with them.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » August 13, 2019, 6:24 pm

I was rushed semi conscious to the Army Hospital a few years ago. My wife was so disgusted with the treatment I received she had me transferred to AEK within the hour.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 14, 2019, 9:18 am

Arguably the worst thing to come out of the Army Hospital is our 26 month-old tam jr., although he's not behaving too bad THIS morning.

For a pre/post natal and birthing hospital, it's very good. However, they can't be held responsible for the behavior of the end products of the maternity wards.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » August 14, 2019, 10:31 am

tamada wrote:
August 14, 2019, 9:18 am
Arguably the worst thing to come out of the Army Hospital is our 26 month-old tam jr., although he's not behaving too bad THIS morning.

For a pre/post natal and birthing hospital, it's very good. However, they can't be held responsible for the behavior of the end products of the maternity wards.
Sounds like a chip.off the block.Tam...

I once went to.the army hospital....early hours semi.emergency due to.pain.i was in ...to.cut a long story shirt no staff on duty i was left unattended or treated fir a good 2 hours plus so i walked out n went to.Bkk hospital.where i received swift and effective treatment out the next day .
Yes the military hodpital.may be a good option for assessment and pre book.surgeries , births etc but as a accident and emergency IMO.other place are the better option..

Dm
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Return to “Health & Beauty”