USD prognosis post new tax cuts - poor

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Re: USD prognosis post new tax cuts - poor

Post by UdonExpat » July 1, 2019, 9:16 am

Prior to the 1997 crash in Thailand the THB to USD exchange rate was around 25 to 1, and had been relatively stable in a small range of fluctuations for many years.

After the crash it briefly soared to higher than 50 to 1. When I arrived on January 1, 2002 it was a little above 40 to 1. When I built a house in the winter of 2007-08 is was around 33.75 to 1. Today about 30.65 to 1. So, about a 25% reduction since I first began being concerned about the exchange rate.

Predictions are relatively unimportant and of little value. For most of us it's just an exercise in futility as none of us has any influence on it. If our visa qualifying income is tenuous, it could result in a life changing situation and then it is serious. We transfer money as we need to and benefit or suffer the consequences. As a topic of discussion it simply brings out our biases and prejudices, as can be attested to by some of the previous posts. If you enjoy picking at others it is a good topic as most of us have issues concerning money.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 1, 2019, 4:33 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
July 1, 2019, 8:15 am
. . .

I used to be amazed to read JimboSM's research and predictions, but after his slamming President Trump at every turn I lost all respect for him and just refuse to read him anymore. Reminds me of idiot corporations like Starbucks or Hollywood celebs like DeNiro that went public with their political stances and alienated half of their customer base. Sheer stupidity!
While not amazed, I did think that his analyses might be credible for a time. I really don't know if any of his predictions ever came true during the entire time that he has posted here; but when the bias flooded into his analysis, like you, it was my que to ignore it.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » July 27, 2019, 7:37 am

USD now at 31.0

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 16, 2019, 7:34 pm

USD 30.9 today.

Doodoo
udonmap.com

Post by Doodoo » August 16, 2019, 9:38 pm

For those who dont want to see posts everyday,from you know Who
just look at the bottom of the opening page and the exchanges are there
Or if you are despirate www.xe.com

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » August 17, 2019, 1:28 am

Doodoo wrote:
August 16, 2019, 9:38 pm
For those who dont want to see posts everyday,from you know Who
just look at the bottom of the opening page and the exchanges are there
Or if you are despirate www.xe.com
Just remember the www.xe.com rate might be a little higher then you get as it is for large transaction between institutions/banks not your Thai bank. I usually use the FX rate from Bangkok bank to estimate the U.S. dollars I need to send to wifes account to get the amount of Thai Baht she wants

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » August 17, 2019, 5:45 am

For those with an apparent issue keeping up (not mentioning any names), it's not about reporting the exchange rate for the sake of reporting it. Read the OP, and you might get a clue.

Here, I'll help you. It's about the prediction not coming true of a biased Trump hater regarding the USD exchange rate.

You're welcome.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”