TM30 Clarification Received from Udonthani Immigration

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
Udon Map
Admin

Re: TM30 Clarification Received from Udonthani Immigration

Post by Udon Map » August 21, 2019, 5:24 pm

dragonz wrote:
August 21, 2019, 4:09 pm
Thats a weak reply its their country so they can do what they want , under that premise , china , north korea , iran etc should be able to do the evil things they do as its their country . Being their country does not give them the right to treat people like they do.
Actually, it does. And the TM30 form requirements are hardly the embodiment of evil. Inconvenient? Sure. Evil? Nah.

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » August 22, 2019, 10:45 am

We all have the choice of whether we wish to live here so, comparisons with NK and elsewhere are redundant.

For now, it's a requirement and, it takes half a day at most of our valuable time. If you choose not to comply then, dont and risk a fine. I go in and out of Thailand regularly and, after to chatting to my local Immigration guy, choose to comply each time I return. No real hassle.

Simple really. Why all the fuss?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 22, 2019, 11:06 am

dragonz wrote:
August 21, 2019, 4:09 pm
Thats a weak reply its their country so they can do what they want , under that premise , china , north korea , iran etc should be able to do the evil things they do as its their country . Being their country does not give them the right to treat people like they do.
And yes i do think it is important to me as i stay in rayong about 3 times a yr and go to nong khai a few nights a month . I live on the nong khai road loser to udon but with the state of the traffic now avoid it as much as i can . never go there except for immigration as udon is finished for me .
My house to makro udon 25kms take 1 hour + my house to makro nong khai 35 kms takes 30 mins, place is cleaner and safer . I do want want to return from a couple of nights in nong khai then have to travel to udon to report i am back everytime .
.So from experience when my wife checks in a hotel and leaves id card they never ask me for my passport so my question was they would not know i had been there so no need to report when i get back . I s this correct or am i missing something
OK, how about it being their law?

As I stated, it is arcane and largely pointless but it is the law.

Now if you want to fly below the radar because it gives you some warm fuzzy feeling about spurning the 'evil', draconian, totally different and thus irrelevant requirements of places like ", china , north korea , iran etc " then knock yourself out. The chances of anyone at any Thai immigration office knowing you were out of some self-imagined cage for a few nights is infinitesimally small.

However, I will re-state that there's no provision in the immigration laws that precludes a foreigner registering at a hotel just because the reservation and/or payment is being made by his Thai wife, partner or someone else. I have stayed at hotels in bahn nork that didn't ask for my passport and I didn't offer them my passport either. It made for a faster check-in that's for sure. However, I was under no illusion that I was being legal and above board when I chose to do that.

dragonz
udonmap.com

Post by dragonz » August 22, 2019, 2:19 pm

is it ok for some countries to victimize people because it is their law what a load of codswallop.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 22, 2019, 2:48 pm

dragonz wrote:
August 22, 2019, 2:19 pm
is it ok for some countries to victimize people because it is their law what a load of codswallop.
No. Codswallop is beating your gums about ", china , north korea , iran etc " in a Thai online forum on a thread specifically about TM30's.

Here's a clue... if it rankles you so much, USE THE CORRECT FORUM.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » August 22, 2019, 6:33 pm

A departed Udonite used to overdue the paperwork for his annual extension......embassy letter done the month before his extension even though they were good for 6 months AND 800k in the bank, double copies of everything even though only one was needed, updated annual photos even though I've never heard of immigration requiring new photos each year.......his argument was that he 'heard' those were the requirements so he wanted to play it safe. I don't doubt that if he were alive today, he'd get supposed immigration-required health insurance as well.
Ultimately, it doesn't matter what other immigration offices require, only the one you deal with. Udon has historically been one of the easiest to deal with.
More so in the past year than any time since I've been here, people are getting all worked up over supposed new immigration rules. The reality is, very little has changed.....and in many cases with on-line 90 day reporting, and extensions and 90 day reports done simultaneously, things have actually gotten easier. In the past 10 years I doubt my wife and I have spent more than an hour in the office for annual renewal and reentry and 90 day reports. Sabai sabai

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » September 4, 2019, 12:30 pm

Saw this testimonial on the Facebook page of Expat Info Udon Thani regarding one man's recent experience with the TM 30 at Udon Immigration. It's encouraging news!

I went to Udon Immigration to report back that I'd been away overseas briefly. They were not really interested, they said "no change" as we were returning to our normal residence. I then asked about what if we went out of province for a few days, again they only want us to file extra paperwork (TM28/TM30) if we change address. Best to keep this one quiet, as Udon Immigration don't want any extra hassle.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 4, 2019, 2:11 pm

dragonz wrote:
August 22, 2019, 2:19 pm
The Tm30 forms have been in force for donkeys years . Nothing , repeat Nothing new .
So how pray tell are you being victimised .
You move from the valleys boyo and you have to accept others rules and laws of whichever country you choose , if you want to live there . Plain and simply . :roll: :roll:

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 4, 2019, 2:21 pm

So, if my calculations are correct:
Requirement to keep 800k in bank after renewal.......not applicable in Udon
Requirement for health insurance........not applicable
Supposed new requirement for TM30.......not applicable in Udon
Am I missing something or has nothing changed?

AlexO
udonmap.com

Post by AlexO » September 4, 2019, 3:14 pm

parrot wrote:
September 4, 2019, 2:21 pm
Parrot
I honestly believe nothing has changed. Did my first 90 day report after extension granted last month, no requirement to see bank statements or letters from bank. Asked at same 90 day report about TM 30, 'only if you changed address after coming back' was the answer. Don't want to tempt fate but it seems some common sense has been applied by the I/O.

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 4, 2019, 3:21 pm

parrot wrote:
I view things the same as you do, parrot.

We both know it can change tomorrow, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

RLTrader
udonmap.com

Post by RLTrader » September 4, 2019, 6:03 pm

parrot wrote:
I could say "I told you so" but I will not

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » September 5, 2019, 12:38 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
September 4, 2019, 12:30 pm
Saw this testimonial on the Facebook page of Expat Info Udon Thani regarding one man's recent experience with the TM 30 at Udon Immigration. It's encouraging news!

I went to Udon Immigration to report back that I'd been away overseas briefly. They were not really interested, they said "no change" as we were returning to our normal residence. I then asked about what if we went out of province for a few days, again they only want us to file extra paperwork (TM28/TM30) if we change address. Best to keep this one quiet, as Udon Immigration don't want any extra hassle.
This is exactly what I was told today by the Udon Thani Immigration Supervisor. Having just returned from overseas trip went to inquire about the TM 30. The girl acted like she didn't know for sure what I was talking about, so she asked her supervisor who then informed me that the only thing required was to report a change of address from what was already on record.

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » September 6, 2019, 4:32 am

tutone wrote:
September 5, 2019, 12:38 pm
semperfiguy wrote:
September 4, 2019, 12:30 pm

This is exactly what I was told today by the Udon Thani Immigration Supervisor. Having just returned from overseas trip went to inquire about the TM 30. The girl acted like she didn't know for sure what I was talking about, so she asked her supervisor who then informed me that the only thing required was to report a change of address from what was already on record.
Exactly what i was led to believe years ago .
The wife filled out the form over 10 years ago when we moved to our present address , and has never been asked to do another one since , neither have i , despite traveling around Thailand lots , and several trips overseas .
Just more scare mongering by some bored individual , or someone who ignored the rules and got caught .
They get your address confirmed every time you extend your visa , and only once have i been asked am i at the same address during the 90 day pulse check , and once have i the same phone number .

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 24, 2019, 8:13 am

Ran across this TM30 update yesterday.

TM30 App to be released in the next few months to do 90 Day Reports from the phone.

September 20 is the article date, so may have been posted somewhere else before in the forum.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/expats/ ... g-launched

If it works as well as the current online system (that UTH IOs have told me is crap), I'm not optimistic that this new yet-to-be-released app will solve anything, but I'll give it a try. I've used 4 different browsers with the current system to do 90 Day Reports online. Never worked over an entire year of trying. Yes, I know some have had success doing it. The results are like everything else TIT. What happens for you or me or someone else today, may not happen for anyone tomorrow. 555

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 24, 2019, 4:37 pm

Lone Star wrote:
September 24, 2019, 8:13 am

Ran across this TM30 update yesterday.

TM30 App to be released in the next few months to do 90 Day Reports from the phone.

September 20 is the article date, so may have been posted somewhere else before in the forum.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/expats/ ... g-launched

If it works as well as the current online system (that UTH IOs have told me is crap), I'm not optimistic that this new yet-to-be-released app will solve anything, but I'll give it a try. I've used 4 different browsers with the current system to do 90 Day Reports online. Never worked over an entire year of trying. Yes, I know some have had success doing it. The results are like everything else TIT. What happens for you or me or someone else today, may not happen for anyone tomorrow. 555
It is already available for the android smartphones, nothing that I can see on iOS.

It is not clear if it is currently working, it maybe as good as the web version. As I don't have a functioning android phone I can't report on it.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » September 24, 2019, 6:13 pm

sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 24, 2019, 4:37 pm
It is already available for the android smartphones, nothing that I can see on iOS.

It is not clear if it is currently working, it maybe as good as the web version. As I don't have a functioning android phone I can't report on it.
Thanks!

Do you know the name of the app? There are several on Google Play Store.

Giggle
udonmap.com

Post by Giggle » September 24, 2019, 9:22 pm

After 23 years in country with family, same house, same bank, same neighbors, no problems, no drama ... the ass-rip is being reduced ... to a phone call?

Glory ****** halleluja.

I called it about two months ago, didn't I Polly? Yeah, you remember. ... You made it man -- Valhalla! Down to a phone call. Praise the buddy.

F'n paradise. Keep fishing dude, the idiots will bite.
Ashli Babbitt -- SAY HER NAME!

marcsarge
udonmap.com

Post by marcsarge » September 24, 2019, 9:55 pm

Lone Star

"IMMIGRATION e Services For Foreigner". I've downloaded it and open account pretty easy. Won't need to try until next month.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » September 25, 2019, 9:56 pm

Lone Star wrote:
September 24, 2019, 6:13 pm
sometimewoodworker wrote:
September 24, 2019, 4:37 pm

Thanks!

Do you know the name of the app? There are several on Google Play Store.
Sorry no, I don't usually have any android devices but I didn't find it difficult to discover which was correct. I don't search the play store itself as that's a way to get the wrong apps.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”